QB Depth??

So out of 24 recruits, 5 were sought after by top teams, or are you reading a different Rivals than I am (possibly the one in Fantasy Land,you know where callahan leads NU to a National Championship)???????????????? 

(tongue buried firmly in cheeck).

:throw

Read rivals again. Then read the recruiting forum. :thumbs

Hey formerfan, are you a fan of USC, OU, or Auburn now? Not a personal attack, but since your handle is formerfan, and you liked NU when they were dominant, who are you currentfan of now?

I cant bring myself to root for anybody else, my heart lies with NU football, and since it has been officially killed by pederson and callahan, I cant root for them.

It was really sad, I found myself rooting outloud for Pitt, SMU, and other teams that NU played. I thought that I could never not root for NU, but callahan and peterson have done the unthinkable.....

...they alienated me as a fan.

BTW, it has nothing to do with dominace, it has to do with what NU football stands for. It stands for nothing now, it is garbage.

It was really sad, I found myself rooting outloud for Pitt, SMU, and other teams that NU played. I thought that I could never not root for NU, but callahan and peterson have done the unthinkable.....

I think this means you were never really a fan if you were cheering against them. Next time there is staff change I hope you are contacted so the University doesn't alienate you again. :wacko:

Wow, stealing this guy from top programs like Memphis, Maryland, Marshall, Illinois and Troy, what a huge haul!!!

Didn't Pennington and Leftwitch come from Marshall? Maybe it is a good thing we got a QB they were going after.

Gee, if I remember right, Pennington was a Spurrier recruit who left because he wasnt going to get PT behind Weurffel (sp?).

And Im not sure about this, but didnt Leftwich transfer from somewhere else, also?

BTW, Rozier, Green, Craig, and Phillips were are great players, but for every one of them, there were many more Knuckles, Sims, Horne, etc. etc. who didnt star for the team.

Wow, stealing this guy from top programs like Memphis, Maryland, Marshall, Illinois and Troy, what a huge haul!!!

Didn't Pennington and Leftwitch come from Marshall? Maybe it is a good thing we got a QB they were going after.

Gee, if I remember right, Pennington was a Spurrier recruit who left because he wasnt going to get PT behind Weurffel (sp?).

And Im not sure about this, but didnt Leftwich transfer from somewhere else, also?

So they basically did the samething as Taylor. He went to Wake Forest out of High School then they changed to the option so he transfered.

I cant bring myself to root for anybody else, my heart lies with NU football, and since it has been officially killed by pederson and callahan, I cant root for them.

BTW, it has nothing to do with dominace, it has to do with what NU football stands for. It stands for nothing now, it is garbage.

I see. I'm sorry you feel that way. I didn't really like the way things changed, but the N on the helmet is what it's all about. I don't care if they find that we had strippers and money being given to recruits and we go on probation for years and years, I'll always root for NU. I hate what Ricky Williams and Dave Wannstedt did to my Dolphins, but I still root for them. I think what makes a person a fan is enjoying the good times but being there and and showing support in the bad times. I wish Frank the best of luck at Ohio, hell I wouldn't mind seeing him make a run at the title like Utah, but if he went up against NU I would root for Callahan's crew to bitch slap his team all over the field, because I am a Husker fan. For life.

I think this means you were never really a fan if you were cheering against them. Next time there is staff change I hope you are contacted so the University doesn't alienate you again. :wacko:

Or maybe I am the real fan, unwilling to just sit back and take all the lies and crap that peterson tries to sell me? Maybe actually thinking for myself and forming my own, knowledge based opinion, instead of being an Oompa-loompa, walking in lockstep, saying "Bill is great, he's gonna bring us a championship, yadda, yadda, yadda"

I guess if you are a spineless, gutless, p---y, you will just sit back and get kicked in the gut, but Im not gonna take it.

But you can sure call yourself a REAL fan.

That's great and all, but the point was that they played there and I am sure the coaches would have liked for them to come there originally.

BTW, Rozier, Green, Craig, and Phillips were are great players, but for every one of them, there were many more Knuckles, Sims, Horne, etc. etc. who didnt star for the team.

Right, but is it right to simply lump all juco players together as being no good? No.

Or maybe I am the real fan, unwilling to just sit back and take all the lies and crap that peterson tries to sell me? Maybe actually thinking for myself and forming my own, knowledge based opinion, instead of being an Oompa-loompa, walking in lockstep, saying "Bill is great, he's gonna bring us a championship, yadda, yadda, yadda"

I guess if you are a spineless, gutless, p---y, you will just sit back and get kicked in the gut, but Im not gonna take it.

I guess it's wrong to like a team just to like them and support them. Geting caught up in all the BS is part of being a REAL fan I guess. Feeling like you need to have a say in what happens with the team is part of being a REAL fan also, then. Alrighty then.

I see. I'm sorry you feel that way. I didn't really like the way things changed, but the N on the helmet is what it's all about. I don't care if they find that we had strippers and money being given to recruits and we go on probation for years and years, I'll always root for NU. I hate what Ricky Williams and Dave Wannstedt did to my Dolphins, but I still root for them. I think what makes a person a fan is enjoying the good times but being there and and showing support in the bad times. I wish Frank the best of luck at Ohio, hell I wouldn't mind seeing him make a run at the title like Utah, but if he went up against NU I would root for Callahan's crew to bitch slap his team all over the field, because I am a Husker fan. For life.

I understand and repect your position, but it has nothing to do with good times and bad, it has to do with right and wrong. To fire a guy who just brought in a new staff and won 3 games more than the year before, a guy who won 75% of his games, only to bring in a guy who has never won anything significant (and a staff that is even worse), who was hated by his former team, who went from first to worst in 1 YEAR, who has effectively deficated on all of the Huskers traditions, a guy who cant even figure out a way to effectively shuttle his plays in to his qb, in totally inexcusable.

I was not against firing Frank, but you needed to give his new staff one more year. If you fire a guy w/ a .750 winning percentage, you need to hire someone who is better, not Wandsted, not Nutt, and certainly not callahan.

So if I'm not pissing and moaning, taking my ball and going home I can't think for myself. Actually I came to the conclusion that I have NO control over who the caoch, ad, players are so I going to cheer for them because they are THE UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA. I guess I drink your galss of kool-aid. Oh well I guess when next year rolls around I better not renew my season ticket so I can be what you call a real fan. :wacko:

I guess it's wrong to like a team just to like them and support them. Geting caught up in all the BS is part of being a REAL fan I guess. Feeling like you need to have a say in what happens with the team is part of being a REAL fan also, then. Alrighty then.

No, but since I supported the team and Univ financially, I feel like my opinion should matter. Remember, pederson is an employee of the state, WE are his "boss", and as much as he would like to be one, he is not a dictator beyond reproach.

So if I'm not pissing and moaning, taking my ball and going home I can't think for myself. Actually I came to the conclusion that I have NO control over who the caoch, ad, players are so I going to cheer for them because they are THE UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA. I guess I drink your galss of kool-aid. Oh well I guess when next year rolls around I better not renew my season ticket so I can be what you call a real fan. :wacko:

I guess it is up to you, if you want to have your voice and opinion heard, then speak up. If you dont mind seeing the entire program destroyed, then sit back and take it, the choice is yours.