Tuberville Going To Arkansas

http://www.rivals.com/wire.asp

KNWA-TV Fayettville is reporting Tommy Tuberville will replace Houston Nutt as the next Arkansas head coach.

In a lot of respects, that's understandable. Tuberville was born and raised in Arkansas, and he desperately wanted the job the first time - it came down to Nutt and him.

But the WOW! factor is the buyout that I suspect Arkansas will have to pay...

I've said this before on these boards, Tuberville will leave Auburn the first good opportunity he gets. He's still bitter about the "jetgate" scandal a few years ago when Bobby Lowder, AU's wealthiest and most influential booster, had a jet waiting in Louisville to bring Petrino back to Auburn as Tuberville's replacement. He played nice with the school after the news broke and the scheme fell apart, but he'll stick it to the university given the opportunity.

I've said this before on these boards, Tuberville will leave Auburn the first good opportunity he gets. He's still bitter about the "jetgate" scandal a few years ago when Bobby Lowder, AU's wealthiest and most influential booster, had a jet waiting in Louisville to bring Petrino back to Auburn as Tuberville's replacement. He played nice with the school after the news broke and the scheme fell apart, but he'll stick it to the university given the opportunity.

I definitely don't blame him there. That was a raw deal.

But this sort makes me start to favor Gill as our next HC. I don't think Gill would leave after just a few years unless he's just an absolute flop. With the other candidates (Pelini, Johnson, etc) I think we see 6-8 years, maybe a little more then they're gone.

I don't remember a season like this where so many big name schools were looking for coaches. It's going to be very interesting to see how this all plays out.

It really does feel like musical chairs.

Actually, I am beginning to be reminded of the "silly season" in Formula 1 racing. Drivers jumping from one manufacturer (team) to another with little rhyme(sp?) or reason. You need a score card just to keep track.