Tuberville Going To Arkansas

Well at least he's safe from that problem at Arkansas, just ask Houston Nutt...

I don't follow Arkansas football very closely, but I don't think Nutt's problems were with his win/loss ratio so much as his off the field issues. Particularly the alleged extramarital affair(s) and the situation with the highly regarded recruits last year that transferred after not getting on well with Nutt & his staff.

Can ya blame the guy? Every other Year it seems the Auburn fans want the guy fired!

hmm last time i checked Nutt resigned.. was never fired, in fact, was offered an extension? just my opinion..

so i would assume that this takes Muschamp off the market for a head coach but who knows :hmmph

I don't see Auburn promoting a coordinator. I think they'll go after a HC with experience. If Petrino is looking to get out of the NFL game, I look Auburn to go after him.

that is possible, but Muschamp is one hell of a coordinator at that.. and honestly, if he applies for the job, and doesn't get it, i find it highly unlikely that he would even consider to stay on with the new staff... so it would be one way to keep him there

Auburn fans are saying they've heard rumor Tuberville isn't going anywhere and this is nothing but a ploy by Tuberville to get more money out of Auburn (read: Rich Rodriguez and the Bama rumor last year)

Here's an article someone posted:

AL Blog

Tuberville says `I'm not looking to go anywhere'; source denies reports there's deal with Arkansas

Posted by Birmingham News staff

November 29, 2007 7:57 PM

Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville said Thursday he's not going to rush through his negotiations with university officials toward a new contract despite ``a sense of urgency outside in the public eye, but contracts take forever.''

Tuberville also told his weekly Tiger Talk radio audience that ``I'm not looking to go anywhere.''

The taped interview came as various Arkansas media outlets reported Thursday night that Tuberville is on the verge of signing a contract with the Razorbacks. A source who talked to Tuberville on Thursday evening denied the reports.

Tuberville had meetings with Auburn Athletics Director Jay Jacobs and university President Jay Gouge early in the week. They didn't meet Wednesday or Thursday.

``We're not going to run and jump through this,'' Tuberville said. ``I'm looking to make sure that people understand for us to get better, this program needs to take some steps in some areas for us to improve.''

Tuberville also said, ``What we've done - and what we'll probably do for another week - is sit down and look at the best circumstances for this team and program. There are a lot of variables you need to look.''

More in Friday's Birmingham News.

Press-Register

Jacobs: Hogs haven't asked about Tubbie

Friday, November 30, 2007By EVAN WOODBERYSports Reporter

AUBURN -- Multiple Arkansas news outlets reported late Thursday night that Auburn's Tommy Tuberville was on the verge of becoming the Arkansas Razorbacks' new head coach, but a source close to Tuberville told the Press-Register no such deal was in place...

Can ya blame the guy? Every other Year it seems the Auburn fans want the guy fired!

hmm last time i checked Nutt resigned.. was never fired, in fact, was offered an extension? just my opinion..

so i would assume that this takes Muschamp off the market for a head coach but who knows :hmmph

Where did you read he was offered an extension? The word I've got is that they've wanted him out for better than half the season. I highly doubt he was offered a contract extension. Unlike the a$$ Clownahan is, most coaches do the respectable thing and resign like Nutt did, like Sunny did, and like Franchione did. Make no mistake about it, Nutt's days were finished at Arkansas long before the LSU game. He did have some things in common with Clownahan. He was all smoke and no substance. He was a great recruiter, but he had absolutely no idea what to do with them.

Where did you read he was offered an extension? The word I've got is that they've wanted him out for better than half the season. I highly doubt he was offered a contract extension. Unlike the a$$ Clownahan is, most coaches do the respectable thing and resign like Nutt did, like Sunny did, and like Franchione did. Make no mistake about it, Nutt's days were finished at Arkansas long before the LSU game. He did have some things in common with Clownahan. He was all smoke and no substance. He was a great recruiter, but he had absolutely no idea what to do with them.

Nutt was offered a 2 year extension good for $2.4mil a year the night he resigned.

Houston Nutt

Arkansas concluded an 8-4 season Friday with a 50-48, triple-overtime upset of then-No. 1 LSU on Friday, and White responded by offering Nutt an annual salary of $2.4 million annually to remain coach, ESPN.com has learned.