Gill will NOT be an OC here

I just don't understand how people think going from HC at Buffalo to OC at NU is definitely a step back. Look around at the candidates being mentioned for various HC openings, most of them are at high profile schools as coordinators - Pelini, Muschamp, Mullen, and there's probably more. What small school HC's are being mentioned? Gill is the only one I've heard, but there's probably at least a few. I'm almost certain Gill will not be at Buffalo next year, he'll either come back to NU in some capacity or move on to a bigger name program. Staying at Buffalo won't help his long-term career.

Gill, Grobe, Johnson, and Peterson to name a few, once the dust settles you will see a plethora of head coaching positions being filled by other head coaches.

It'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out. Does anyone have stats or a link to the coaching carousel from the last few years? It'd be interesting to see if our perceptions match the data.

I just don't understand how people think going from HC at Buffalo to OC at NU is definitely a step back. Look around at the candidates being mentioned for various HC openings, most of them are at high profile schools as coordinators - Pelini, Muschamp, Mullen, and there's probably more. What small school HC's are being mentioned? Gill is the only one I've heard, but there's probably at least a few. I'm almost certain Gill will not be at Buffalo next year, he'll either come back to NU in some capacity or move on to a bigger name program. Staying at Buffalo won't help his long-term career.

Let's just say if Turner has a better year next year at Buffalo shows more to future employers then if he comes to Nebraska as the Offensive cordinator and Nebraska starts winning.

Since most of the success will be attributed to Head coach Pelini, what would Gill gain by coming back?

There's is no way that Stoops comes to Nebraska unless he's fired from Arizona.

Let's just say if Turner has a better year next year at Buffalo shows more to future employers then if he comes to Nebraska as the Offensive cordinator and Nebraska starts winning.

Since most of the success will be attributed to Head coach Pelini, what would Gill gain by coming back?

There's is no way that Stoops comes to Nebraska unless he's fired from Arizona.

True Red Steel! Carpenter at ASU is the most sacked QB in the nation, I think. I think Arizona will bring the house at him ala USC. Arizona will win and Stoops will stay giving them a 5-4 Conference record and a 6-6 Overall record. They are playing for a bowl berth.

Arizona Football Recruiting Star List (according to Rivals.com):

All Freshman

2 Four Stars

Ryan Bass #2 RB in California

Matt Scott #4 QB in California

9 Three Stars

2 Two Stars

This situation is a push. I think Mike would consider leaving. Not sure yet.

Whenever you are recruiting only freshman, you have an established program.

Arizona Football Recruiting Star List (according to Rivals.com):

All Freshman

2 Four Stars

Ryan Bass #2 RB in California

Matt Scott #4 QB in California

9 Three Stars

2 Two Stars

This situation is a push. I think Mike would consider leaving. Not sure yet.

Whenever you are recruiting only freshman, you have an established program.

Did'nt he just get Elways son a few weeks back or was that Arizona State?

Without bashing Bo, I too agree.....but until we find out differently, who says "WE PASSED ON TURNER"..... could he have possibly passed on NU? I know those with husker-goggles will sh!t themselves with this thougt, but is is a possibility....until we really know, we shouldn't blame TO for making a so-called wrong choice....

Wouldn't surprise me if Gill want to stay at Buffalo and honor his committment he surely made to the fr-so recruits who chose Buffalo over many Big East schools....He may want to be the 1st coach to take this school to a bowl, and go down in Buffalo history....

To many of those who don't see much farther than the red-lenses, this NU job will open up agian, and he will have another chance at his so-called "Dream Job" if he chooses..... If Pelini is the HC , and he is successful, he will jump just as every other coach in America, and if he fails, he will be gone in4 years..

Win or Lose......hello revolving door, and Gill will get another shot.....if he DID turn NU down.....If TO picked Pelini over Gill, (which I have a hard time believing, without a great reason from TO), then Gill's ties with NU may be done....

My guess is that either Gill turned down TO "for the time being" or he may still end up here in a very unique capacity.....(associate AD).....

I refuse to believe that TO just "cut ties" with one of his best friends......

These are good points, but if Nebraska is really his dream job he would be crazy to turn it down if offered. There is NO GUARANTEE at all that the job would ever be available to him again. TO will not be the AD for too long, and by the time the job opens up again it will be somebody else at the helm. No telling what the situation would be in 4, 6 or 10 years. This could very well be his one and only shot at the job.

The scenario I could see playing out is Gill does come on board as Asst HC/OC. The reason being, I don't envision Pelini staying at NU for more than 10 years at the very most. I think if he has a few good seasons, the NFL may come calling or he may take another college level HC job that pays more. At which time, Gill would have some more seasoning under his belt and a very good shot at being named HC. I also think Gill never truly wanted to leave NU instead he felt he needed to get a way from the atmosphere created by Pederson.

As for Mike Stoops, I've heard it mentioned a few times (even from some of my Sooner fan friends) that Mike is not happy at Arizona and if given the chance at the right school, he would leave. So his coming to NU is a very real possibility IMO regardless of whether or not he's taking a demotion.

Gill has Willy and a good amount of other starters back next year. If Buffalo has any winnable non-con games next season they are headed to a nice record, a bowl, and a nice job-offer at some BCS-school for Gill.

Whether Gill or Bo will be the better HC only time will tell.

My regret is that Gill didn't get the Buffalo job sooner. If he could have the year Buffalo is likely to have in '08 in '07 Gill likely would be getting more love and the decision may have been different.

Husker runner....... I am not disagreeing with you, because you may be right....as all of our opinions may be "possible"....no one can predict the future...

IMO, regardless if TO is AD or not, if Gill continues to build his resume, (if it was Turner who turned us down), the AD at the time will give Gill a fair shot..... Although TO may be gone, the boosters and the big $$$ people will not have forgotten Turner's legacy..... He will ALWAYS be welcome in NU as far as most fans believe.....As he builds his resume, he will either show he is worthy or not of leading a major program...

If it comes down to the job coming open in the future, and Gill has proven to be the coach most of us feel he is, the AD will absolutely give him a shot at an interview...furthermore, I am assuming that TO will "hand-pick" the permanant AD, and something tells me that this permanant guy will have Nu ties......anyone with NU ties will give Gill a shot.....

Dave Rimmington's name keeps popping up in some "rumor" circles.....Whoever the AD is, he/she will have NU roots....which will always help Gill !!!!!

Now, if TO chose Bo over Turner (which, as I stated, I honestly don't think it went down like that), Gill may never apply here agian.