If its Bo NU messed up

It just never ceases to amaze me how regardless of what name is brought up, there's always one or two idiots who've already thrown their hands up in the air and started crying. Of course they never give any real reasons why Bo or Turner or Kelly would be poor decisions. They've just got this feeling. Yeah, a baaad feeling about this.

Tom Osborne knows more about football than everyone on this board combined. As for his alleged 'bad call' with Frank Solich, may I remind you that he accomplished just about as much as Tom in his first 6 seasons, including a Heisman winner, a National Championship appearance, and a .75 winning percentage. I personally don't believe he would have stayed on for much longer if Pederson had done the smart thing and not fired him in 03, but we'll never know how things would have turned out in the long run with more experience and a better staff.

I cannot believe––I honestly can't––that people would question Tom on whatever decision he makes for the program, especially considering that even if hiring Solich was a bad move (which Tom couldn't have possibly known when he chose him), that's still only one instance of a so-called 'mistake.' That's not a pattern people, that's a freak occurence. This is a man who brought us 3 national titles, 25 bowl appearances, hired wonderful assistants throughout his years as coach, brought in and developed athletes who we respect and admire to this day, and now when he's made perfect decisions all along the way in this firing/hiring process, a few of you have to bitch.

Seriously, if you can't trust Tom Osborne to make the best decision possible, then there's something wrong with you. It may not turn out, but there is absolutely no way for Tom to know for sure, because every coach, no matter who he is or what he's done, is a risk. Not one of you, not a single one, could possibly even conceive of a series of circumstances in any alternate reality where you are in a better position to make this call than Tom. Personal preferences are fine. Reasons for and against coaches are fine. But when it comes down to who you're going to trust to make the decision, there's not another living person in the world who knows more about Nebraska football and winning than the man who's spearheading our search.

Now, rest easy. It's almost over.

X

thank you very much.. and to freemason, you have no idea how it is going to pan out, and don't act like you do.. you'll be back sucking up to BP if he happens to do great things here.. as X just said, TO has a MUCH better idea about all of this than ANYONE who even CLAIMS to have an idea on here.. there is no reason for us to even be able to second guess this, and honestly there is no reason at all for any ESPN "experts" to go against the hire too.. because in all honesty, they have no idea either.. they are as clueless as the rest of the journalists that claim to know what they are talking about

i started to read all the posts, then just became too impatient with it all.. seriously, anyone is a risk.. like one of the guys at the beginning said.. we could bring in urban meyer and its honestly a risk.. not everyone can pan out everywhere.. and who are WE to second guess TO or any other "higher ups" as BC woulda called em? seriously, its not like we have the ability to second guess the authority and they obviously made the decision for the reasons that they did.. so don't sit back and bitch about it, and if you do.. you're not welcome back on the bandwagon whenever we return to greatness, whether that be next year or 20 years from now..

Pellini could be good, could be bad. This says more about Osborne's management style than anything else. It appears that he tossed out proven HC's in favor of Pellini. Why? Perhaps Pellini was a "discount" hire, and was much cheaper than the others. Perhaps Osborne never had any intentions of hiring anyone else; maybe he was just doing what he agreed to do. It's hard to say. I do know this, though . . . as a congressman, he never told Bush "no." He knew who was calling the shots, and he did as he was told.

This stinks to high heaven. I hope that a good journalist takes this story and runs with it.

Ill get a warning for this but whatever.

You are retarded.

Maybe he chose Pelini because he believed he was the best choice? NU fans loved him, He has a real fiery personality and knows how to coach. Im sure you would have been one of those people who thought Bob Stoops was going to be a bad hire for OU. Stoops was EXACTLY like Pelini, an up and coming proven defensive coordinator who had no Head coaching experience.

I am fkn sick and tired of all these whiny ass people. Get over Gill, he is not ready to take on a big time program in my opinion, maybe in a couple years but not now. He has taken Buffalo the first few steps but he has a way to go. Im in no way saying Pelini is the greatest thing since sliced bread but my god people. Stop cutting him down before he even gets a chance.

i started to read all the posts, then just became too impatient with it all.. seriously, anyone is a risk.. like one of the guys at the beginning said.. we could bring in urban meyer and its honestly a risk.. not everyone can pan out everywhere.. and who are WE to second guess TO or any other "higher ups" as BC woulda called em? seriously, its not like we have the ability to second guess the authority and they obviously made the decision for the reasons that they did.. so don't sit back and bitch about it, and if you do.. you're not welcome back on the bandwagon whenever we return to greatness, whether that be next year or 20 years from now..

Pellini could be good, could be bad. This says more about Osborne's management style than anything else. It appears that he tossed out proven HC's in favor of Pellini. Why? Perhaps Pellini was a "discount" hire, and was much cheaper than the others. Perhaps Osborne never had any intentions of hiring anyone else; maybe he was just doing what he agreed to do. It's hard to say. I do know this, though . . . as a congressman, he never told Bush "no." He knew who was calling the shots, and he did as he was told.

This stinks to high heaven. I hope that a good journalist takes this story and runs with it.

You are retarded.

Maybe he chose Pelini because he believed he was the best choice? NU fans loved him, He has a real fiery personality and knows how to coach. Im sure you would have been one of those people who thought Bob Stoops was going to be a bad hire for OU. Stoops was EXACTLY like Pelini, an up and coming proven defensive coordinator who had no Head coaching experience.

I am fkn sick and tired of all these whiny ass people. Get over Gill, he is not ready to take on a big time program in my opinion, maybe in a couple years but not now. He has taken Buffalo the first few steps but he has a way to go. Im in no way saying Pelini is the greatest thing since sliced bread but my god people. Stop cutting him down before he even gets a chance.

If Grobe had been willing to work for Pelini money, it would have been him instead.

Pelini could be a brilliant choice, or it could be a disaster. We won't know for a few years. But this hire had as much to do with money as anything else. Regardless, he has my full support for the challenge he is about to take on. Welcome, Bo!!!

GBR!

NU is gonna be kicking itself in a few years when Gill is at a major BCS school. I dont get how anyone could think Pelini is the better candidate.

pregunta por favor? Are you going to support the new coach if it is Pelini or are you going to be an asswipe like half of the husker fans the last time a head coach was hired? Because a coach might bebetter if he has the fan support behind him. Or are you going to be a little bitch and whine that your precious wasn't hired. FYI, I'm not a Pelini fan either but I'm sick and tired of little stupid sh*ts bitching if they don't get their way. If you are going to bitch and moan go support Iowa St.

Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow a guy questions a hire and gets called(indirectly) a "little bitch". Clearly an example of one of the "greatest fans in America" label being lived up to. :bonez

What is your major malfunction? You come on here and rip on Osborne yesterday , and rip on our fans today , while all along you're a ISU fan! Get lost! Actually , I see your time here being short lived. :asshat

Iowa State fan wow even an asshat like yourself should be able to recognize the sarcasm of the Go Cyclones coming directly from your post demanding the little b*tch to go support Iowa State. So by pointing out your hositlity I am ripping on the fans. Incredible. Then 'hskrdedhed which should be redneck sends me a PM filled with explatives demanding I leave the board. HuskerNation in full effect. :restore

You are retarded.

Your warning level has been increased due to your violation of the Board's rules against personal attacks on other members.

A second offense will result in a temporary ban. A third offense will result in a permanent ban.

NU is gonna be kicking itself in a few years when Gill is at a major BCS school. I dont get how anyone could think Pelini is the better candidate.

pregunta por favor? Are you going to support the new coach if it is Pelini or are you going to be an asswipe like half of the husker fans the last time a head coach was hired? Because a coach might bebetter if he has the fan support behind him. Or are you going to be a little bitch and whine that your precious wasn't hired. FYI, I'm not a Pelini fan either but I'm sick and tired of little stupid sh*ts bitching if they don't get their way. If you are going to bitch and moan go support Iowa St.

Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow a guy questions a hire and gets called(indirectly) a "little bitch". Clearly an example of one of the "greatest fans in America" label being lived up to. :bonez

Your warning level has been increased for your personal attack on another member.

A second violation will result in a temporary ban. A third violation will result in a permenant ban.

What is your major malfunction? You come on here and rip on Osborne yesterday , and rip on our fans today , while all along you're a ISU fan! Get lost! Actually , I see your time here being short lived. :asshat

Iowa State fan wow even an asshat like yourself should be able to recognize the sarcasm of the Go Cyclones coming directly from your post demanding the little b*tch to go support Iowa State. So by pointing out your hositlity I am ripping on the fans. Incredible. Then 'hskrdedhed which should be redneck sends me a PM filled with explatives demanding I leave the board. HuskerNation in full effect. :restore

You sound really paranoid to me. Get help!