How did the News Conference go for Pelini?

News Conference  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He said all the right things, and made me believe. The only criticism I would have is he seemed a bit nervous at times.

I actually was glad to see him a little nervous, it shows he's genuine. A far cry from the used car salesman (sorry I shouldn't insult used car salesmen) aka Bill Callahan speak we're used to from the last 4 years.

Seemed more at ease than I'd expect...

Would've liked more information about where he sees our Offense ends up (But it is short notice).

Surprised and a somewhat admiring of his Frank Solich Praise..(already trying to mend some fan's differences?).

I kept looking at his face, and thinking, " From the nose up, he looks like Maxwell Smart" and kept waiting for him to do an Inspector Gadget voice.

1787-1-photo.jpg

Honestly wwwwaaaayyyy better than I thought he might. WHile this was not my choice of a head coach after hearing Coach Osborne's input I understand why he was Tom's choice and I respect it. Congrats to all of you here that nailed this from the start!! :thumbs You were spot on!!!

I wish nothing but the best of luck to our new head coach and his staff to be names. I hope and pray for many years of ASS KICKIN Husker Football again!!!

GO BIG RED!!!

I got to wonder how much sleep he and his family actually got last night. They had to be up bright and early today to get up here as early as they were. The guy has to be flying right now....hopefully he can keep that up until this little recruiting session is done.

Honestly wwwwaaaayyyy beter than I thought he might. WHile this was not my choice of a head coach after hearing Coach Osborne's input I understand why he was Tom's choice and I respect it. Congrats to all of you here that nailed this from the start!! :thumbs You were spot on!!!

I wish nothing but the best of luck to our new head coach and his staff to be names. I hope and pray for many years of ASS KICKIN Husker Football again!!!

GO BIG RED!!!

Love your attitude...

I was very impressed especially his championing of Osborne. He is very interested in the tradition here and keeping the spirit of the Cornhuskers alive! His enthusiasm and his admission that he doesn't have all the answers were two things that I was very pleased to hear.

I'm hopeful for the first time in months.

I think we all knew, as has been stated, that Pelini isn't the most charismatic speaker out there. And that's one of the things I really like about this guy. He doesn't BS (yet, I don't think he will) and is a straight-shooter.

I like his temper and intensity. I don't really think he's going to have a blow-up like in 2003 vs. KSU. However, I didn't really mind that he was fired up. Plus, I think that might have been taken out of context - him not being upset solely for "running up the score."

If there's one thing that has been proven, it's that he produces top defenses...consistently. Not to say we'll have that immediately next year...but it's certainly a step in the "right" direction. The guy can chew his gum anyway that he wants, as far as I am concerned. He can yell at officials, within reason.

It's my hope that the days of watching a half-assed defense putter around the field are over. This guy will motivate the players. I'm so pumped for next season! And it's only 9 months away. :hmmph

Our offense will take care of itself.

A Home-Run for me. :w00t

I said a triple, I'm being selfish and wanted to hear more on the assistants

Err. he was just named the Head Coach today... he was preparing for and coaching for (and winning) the SEC Championship before today. I honestly think that he has not made up his mind on who he wants to bring in, retrain etc.. So, how exactly could he have said any more? We'll here more about assitants in the next few days when he actually has a chance to sit down and think about it and make his decisions. Sometimes I question some Husker fans' expectations.. for crying out loud, a bit ridiculous.

Anyone have a link to the conference?

http://www.1620thezone.com It's on the right side of the page, about halfway down. It is titled; Tom Osborne Announces Bo Pelini Press Conference I thought it was a home run. After all the talk I've heard about Pelini's inability to talk at a press conference. It instilled a lot of confidence for me about him. :clap:bonez:cheers

Cool.. Any video?

Yeah, here you go...

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/12033701.html#

and the audio version is now under the "view all" link on the 1620thezone.com site....