Big 12 Best Conference?

JHaWk

With KU/NU/MU and to a lesser degree CU and ISU getting better, and with OU and Texas in the

South, I believe we are tougher than the SEC. Give it a year or two and we will be able to compete

with those f*ing hillbillies.

OU and Texas could hang with any of the SEC teams.

The Big 12 North is strengthening thanks to coaching. Hopefully Bo can get NU turned around and

get Nebraska back in the top 10. We need as many Big 12 teams in the top 10 as possible.

If KU can beat Va Tech, Mizz beat Arkansas, and OU beats West Virginia we can say we have beaten

some good opposition from other conferences. Looking forward to coming to Lincoln next year.

Bo has fired up the entire conference! I listened to his press conference and I wanted to go tackle someone

right then and there. The Blackshirts will be back next year. GBR and Rock Chalk. Screw Big 10 and Pac 10! :rant

With KU/NU/MU and to a lesser degree CU and ISU getting better, and with OU and Texas in the

South, I believe we are tougher than the SEC. Give it a year or two and we will be able to compete

OU and Texas could hang with any of the SEC teams.

The Big 12 North is strengthening thanks to coaching. Hopefully Bo can get NU turned around and

get Nebraska back in the top 10. We need as many Big 12 teams in the top 10 as possible.

If KU can beat Va Tech, Mizz beat Arkansas, and OU beats West Virginia we can say we have beaten

some good opposition from other conferences. Looking forward to coming to Lincoln next year.

Bo has fired up the entire conference! I listened to his press conference and I wanted to go tackle someone

right then and there. The Blackshirts will be back next year. GBR and Rock Chalk. Screw Big 10 and Pac 10! :rant

6fingers.jpg

I realize that you're pandering to the home crowd here, but how can you mark NU as a team that's definitely "getting better"? I wouldn't start handing the Huskers wins before Bo and Ganz show how effective they can be together.

As far as KU is concerned, I think we're likely looking at a team that peaked in their win over Nebraska earlier this season. I believe that they'll be sustainable as a solid team going forward, but I have plenty of doubts as to whether they'll ever be as spectacular as they were this year. Reesing is a stud, and Mangino is great, but I'm not sold on the team as a whole... aside from that, even you'll admit that the Jayhawks' schedule was remarkably easy this year. Let's see how they fare next year when Oklahoma AND Texas are on their slate.

Missouri's the one team in the division that I feel could have sustainable success going forward. That Maclin kid is unbelievable, and if they can find a suitable replacement for Daniel after he graduates, that team could be consistently top quality for the next 5+ years.

My Buffs are recruiting very well this offseason, so there's a lot of kool aid flowing around Boulder. Were it not for the murderous schedule we have to deal with next season, I'd say the Buffs are near ready to make a major leap. As is, I think they'll be one of the best 7 or 8 win teams in the country in 2008.

Iowa State's a real wild card. If they play every week next year like they did for the last 5 weeks of this year, they'll be bowling as well. KSU? Who knows.

I realize that you're pandering to the home crowd here, but how can you mark NU as a team that's definitely "getting better"? I wouldn't start handing the Huskers wins before Bo and Ganz show how effective they can be together.

As far as KU is concerned, I think we're likely looking at a team that peaked in their win over Nebraska earlier this season. I believe that they'll be sustainable as a solid team going forward, but I have plenty of doubts as to whether they'll ever be as spectacular as they were this year. Reesing is a stud, and Mangino is great, but I'm not sold on the team as a whole... aside from that, even you'll admit that the Jayhawks' schedule was remarkably easy this year. Let's see how they fare next year when Oklahoma AND Texas are on their slate.

Missouri's the one team in the division that I feel could have sustainable success going forward. That Maclin kid is unbelievable, and if they can find a suitable replacement for Daniel after he graduates, that team could be consistently top quality for the next 5+ years.

My Buffs are recruiting very well this offseason, so there's a lot of kool aid flowing around Boulder. Were it not for the murderous schedule we have to deal with next season, I'd say the Buffs are near ready to make a major leap. As is, I think they'll be one of the best 7 or 8 win teams in the country in 2008.

Iowa State's a real wild card. If they play every week next year like they did for the last 5 weeks of this year, they'll be bowling as well. KSU? Who knows.

I dont think the buffs aint that bad afterall you all beat the sooners lol but that was up in bolder thoes and we all knoe about tha air up theirs :o but i think the south will be good becuzz texas tech beat down the sooners

but i kinda think the long horns might be going down hill a lil bit but maybe thats just me another team you have 2 think about in a few years maybe is the aggies they hired the coach that used 2 coach green bay so u knoe hes gonna have some tricks up his sleeves so maybe what im saying is the south is getting stronger while the north is getting better?? :dunno

I dont think the buffs aint that bad afterall you all beat the sooners lol but that was up in bolder thoes and we all knoe about tha air up theirs :o but i think the south will be good becuzz texas tech beat down the sooners

but i kinda think the long horns might be going down hill a lil bit but maybe thats just me another team you have 2 think about in a few years maybe is the aggies they hired the coach that used 2 coach green bay so u knoe hes gonna have some tricks up his sleeves so maybe what im saying is the south is getting stronger while the north is getting better?? :dunno

There is only one Tuff-Tiger

Longest. Sentence. Ever.

And no offense, JHAWK... but I need to see Kansas play Texas or Oklahoma before I can say they are improving. Because I'm honestly not completely sold on them yet. The game against VaTech will tell me a lot too.

Overall, the Big 12 is getting stronger, and may well be the toughest conference next year. This year the conference is great at the top (OU, MU, KU, UT) but not so great after that. With DONU improving (I see us winning at least 8 games next year), CU will be tougher as they don't lose many players, TT and aTm will be decent and who knows with OSU and KSU, but that gives the B12 8-10 potential top 25 teams. Though it won't happen because they'll beat each other up a bit, the schedules will be tough, not to mention the way ISU has shown improvement.

Until Big XII teams start playing better defense, I cannot consider them a top conference. High-powered offenses are a dime a dozen in college football, and the Big XII has plenty of them; but great defenses are much rarer, and most of them are outside of our conference.

The two highest ranked Big XII teams in total defense are Kansas (14) and Oklahoma (18). Then its a long drop back to Texas Tech (50) and Texas (54). That's pretty bad. The SEC, Big 10, Big East, and ACC each have at least two top 10 teams in total defense.

You can make the case that the low defensive performance is a result of the amazing offenses in the conference, but I think the truth is closer to the alternative, that the great Big XII offensive output is a product of a lot of poor defenses.