In going to be there opening day first kickoff

now i dont have any money for gate prices to get a ticket into the stadium lol but i was wondering since its my first trip there is there a place i can hang out and watch the game. Maybe see some of thie nebraska football culture upclose. This will be my first game buy the way.

Ben

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Misty's on Havelock the night before the game is a must.

There is a one square block parking lot that I believe is between P & O and 10th & 11th that is great to park and tailgate on game day. I may be wrong if so I'd appreciate it if one of the board members who lives in Lincoln would correct me.

Lots of good places to watch the game in Downtown Lincoln.

The Nebraska Bookstore is a must stop.

See you in Lincoln.

>>>T_O_B

:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance

That parking lot has been gone for a long time, Bull. I think you're referring to the lot between 9th & 10th, P & Q. That's where the Embassy Suites sits today, but about a decade or so ago that was a REALLY happening place.

I cannot pimp Lazlo's enough to everyone. It's a VERY good pub, they have some of the best microbrew you'll find anywhere, and their lounge is roomy and has several TVs.

The Haymarket area (where Lazlo's sits) is about three/four blocks from the stadium, close enough that you can stand outside and hear the crowd roar. There are several pubs/eateries there, and I recommend all of them depending on your taste.

There's the Misty's in Havelock which is the Grand Old Spot to go before a game, but Misty's has also taken over the old Crane River at 11th and P, so there's a downtown Misty's, too. I always go to the Havelock location, so I don't know anything about downtown Misty's, but I assume it's very good, too.

West and north of the stadium there are several lots where the tailgates set up. I usually go to the lot underneath the 10th Street overpass since I have friends who hang out there.

now i dont have any money for gate prices to get a ticket into the stadium lol but i was wondering since its my first trip there is there a place i can hang out and watch the game. Maybe see some of thie nebraska football culture upclose. This will be my first game buy the way.

Ben

There is a one square block parking lot that I believe is between P & O and 10th & 11th that is great to park and tailgate on game day. I may be wrong if so I'd appreciate it if one of the board members who lives in Lincoln would correct me.

See you in Lincoln.

>>>T_O_B

In good weather, people bring lawn chairs to the north-east corner of the stadium, and watch on the big board. Ya get the real crowd noise, tailgaters, and some atmosphere. And in the second half, when Nebraska is down by 40, you can probably get in for free with a departing fan's ticket. :)

Ben

See you in Lincoln.

>>>T_O_B

In good weather, people bring lawn chairs to the north-east corner of the stadium, and watch on the big board. Ya get the real crowd noise, tailgaters, and some atmosphere. And in the second half, when Nebraska is down by 40, you can probably get in for free with a departing fan's ticket. :)

Not next year

That parking lot has been gone for a long time, Bull. I think you're referring to the lot between 9th & 10th, P & Q. That's where the Embassy Suites sits today, but about a decade or so ago that was a REALLY happening place.

I cannot pimp Lazlo's enough to everyone. It's a VERY good pub, they have some of the best microbrew you'll find anywhere, and their lounge is roomy and has several TVs.

The Haymarket area (where Lazlo's sits) is about three/four blocks from the stadium, close enough that you can stand outside and hear the crowd roar. There are several pubs/eateries there, and I recommend all of them depending on your taste.

There's the Misty's in Havelock which is the Grand Old Spot to go before a game, but Misty's has also taken over the old Crane River at 11th and P, so there's a downtown Misty's, too. I always go to the Havelock location, so I don't know anything about downtown Misty's, but I assume it's very good, too.

West and north of the stadium there are several lots where the tailgates set up. I usually go to the lot underneath the 10th Street overpass since I have friends who hang out there.

Thanks Knap I'm tryin' to find a spot for:

The First Annual Husker Board Spring Whoop It UP and Party On Dude Party

We have been using this spot for several years and unfortunately I can get there but not tell you the address. Obviously I need some local help.

Thanks again,

>>>T_O_B

:cheers:cheers:wasted:cheers:cheers

Ben

See you in Lincoln.

>>>T_O_B

Are you refering to the Husker Nation Pavillion or the actual screen inside the stadium?

This is going to sound bad but what exactly is the spring game and what big bash are you speaking of.

The Spring Game is the finale of Spring Practice, where the Huskers face off against each other in a simulated game. It's just for practice, but the whole thing has grown into a pretty big affair, and attendance has been over 50,000 for the last several years. I've been to the last several Spring Games, and while they can't compare to a Husker game in the Fall, they're very fun with a really relaxed atmosphere.

The "big bash" TO_Bull is talking about is a tailgate he's planning for the Spring Game, where there will be fun and joy had by all.