Pud has the competition calling us "bush"

I guess it all comes down to pud really destroying the integrity and the reputation of the program. First and foremost, the a-hole needs to learn how to be honest. If he just wanted to schedule a home game against a 1-AA team, say it (cause God knows, callahan will need it). Dont hide the facts, lie, coverup, whatever in the hell it is he does.

Remember, he fired a coach who won 75% of his games, to hire a guy who won 50% to "restore the program." Also, remember, he didnt offer the job to Nutt, even though he sent the Univ. plane to Fayettville for him.

Everything pud does sheds negative light on the program, and its getting more and more obvious that he is pissing more and more people off all the time. People are gonna give callahan the benefit of the doubt over pud anyday, but you can set your watch by this: when callahan fails to restore the program to a national power, people will tar and feather pederson, while they run callahan out on a rail.

Bottom line, pederson has embarrassed this program on a national level on multiple occasions. He has turned the program into a laughingstock.

he didnt offer the job to Nutt, even though he sent the Univ. plane to Fayettville for him.

I know this is besides the point, but I heard it was a chartered jet, not the university jet, and the rumor was Houston Nutt was the one that chartered the jet. Worked for him, he got more money out of Frank Broyles.

he didnt offer the job to Nutt, even though he sent the Univ.  plane to Fayettville for him.

I know this is besides the point, but I heard it was a chartered jet, not the university jet, and the rumor was Houston Nutt was the one that chartered the jet. Worked for him, he got more money out of Frank Broyles.

haha yea. Everyone at work that year was like "Hey boss, NU wants me to come coach, can I get a raise?" :rollin

he didnt offer the job to Nutt, even though he sent the Univ.  plane to Fayettville for him.

haha yea. Everyone at work that year was like "Hey boss, NU wants me to come coach, can I get a raise?" :rollin

Whatever, simple semantics. Im sure you believe that Nutt was lying, just like Vermeil was lying when he said that his O-Cord was offered the job but turned it down. Just like Zimmer (Dallas Cowboys) was lying when he said he turned the job down. Just like Pellini was lying about not getting a real interview for the job.

Sure, everyone else is lying, but pederson is telling the truth. Kind of like Kobe Bryant, HE is the one telling the truth, its every one else who is lying and stirring the pot.

Right.

Whatever, simple semantics. Im sure you believe that Nutt was lying, just like Vermeil was lying when he said that his O-Cord was offered the job but turned it down. Just like Zimmer (Dallas Cowboys) was lying when he said he turned the job down. Just like Pellini was lying about not getting a real interview for the job.

Sure, everyone else is lying, but pederson is telling the truth. Kind of like Kobe Bryant, HE is the one telling the truth, its every one else who is lying and stirring the pot.

Right.

Zimmer and Saunders were offered the job as far as I know. Pelini sealed his fate with his own unprofessionalism and boorish attitude. How many coaches got a raise last year because their name was considered for the Nebraska job?

Right.

There is no proof either way really. It's always someone's word against someone else's. You simply chose, per your name on the board, to go against the guy who fired your coach. Makes sense to me. :thumbs

Besides, what I said was a joke. Lighten up.

Right.

There is no proof either way really. It's always someone's word against someone else's. You simply chose, per your name on the board, to go against the guy who fired your coach. Makes sense to me. :thumbs

Besides, what I said was a joke. Lighten up.

I guess I look at facts and make my opinions from that. Fact-pederson says he is not lying everybody else is.

Fact-everybody else, who have no relationship to pud or NU and have nothing to lose by telling the truth, said that pederson is lying, they are telling the truth.

I would tend to take the word over the masses, then over one guy.

Fact-callahans players at Oakland hated him, and he took them from the SB to 4-12.

Fact-some NU players hate callahan, and he took a 10-3 team and turned them into a 5-6 team.

Fact-callahan and staff has never taken responsibility for the failures of the teams that the have 'lead', they have managed to put the blame on the players consistently.

BTW, pud didnt fire my coach, I never said I was a big Solich backer.

Beating a dead horse:

I don't care what you think Eric was trying to say, what he said was that Solich had more integrity AND RESPECT FOR THE GAME than Osborne. I don't know how one measures such things, but I'm sure it had nothing to do with just pulling a random comment out of his ass. :steam

Plus, didn't I hear that Solich was screwing around on his wife? Is that more or less valid than Eric's assertion that Devaney was a philanderer? :box

OK, here we go I guess

Fact-pederson says he is not lying everybody else is.

Prove otherwise

Fact-everybody else, who have no relationship to pud or NU and have nothing to lose by telling the truth,  said that pederson is lying, they are telling the truth.

I'm sorry to hear that. I think most people would agree that the individual is smart, while the masses are dumb and easily swayed.

Fact-callahans players at Oakland hated him, and he took them from the SB to 4-12.

Ah, no. Care to take a look at what is happeneing at Oakland this year? SAME-DAMN-THING. Same thing that happened to Gruden, Callahan and now Norv Turner. The coaches have no control over the players because Al Davis doesn't enforce the coaches discipline. The phrase "the inmates running the asylum" has never fit so perfectly.

Fact-some NU players hate callahan, and he took a 10-3 team and turned them into a 5-6 team.

Wrong. A blanket statement like "NU Players hate Callahan" is short sighted at best. I guess you missed the article where CORY ROSS came out and said that what the parting players communicated is NOT the way the rest of the team feels.

Fact-callahan and staff has never taken responsibility for the failures of the teams that the have 'lead', they have managed to put the blame on the players consistently.

I guess you missed the press conference after the K-state game where Callahan said, and I quote "I offer no excuses, just understand that. There are no excuses. None whatsoever. I am very adament about that. I take total accountability, total accountabilty for what transpired on the field. Total." That is just one example. I have heard him say similar things at other post-game press conferences. I guess if one cared enough to actuall read and listen they one would hear that. But it's just easier to spout of BS.

Congratulations, by the way, on another sucessfully hijacked thread. Keep it up. :thumbs

I guess I look at facts and make my opinions from that.

If we wanna talk facts then lets go:

Last year's team won 10 games, none of those wins came against teams that won a bowl game.

All 3 of the teams Nebraska lost to, lost their bowl games.

Nebraska finished with 3 losses. There were 9 teams with 3 losses or more rated higher than Nebraska in the final polls.

Solich took a team that went to the Rose Bowl to play for a national championship, to a team that lost 7 games. 7 losses hasn't been done for over 40 years.

Bill Callahan WENT to the SuperBowl, last time I checked, not many guys can say that.

The Raiders have had a history of player malcontent.

The Houston Cougars are the little guy and feel slighted, Nebraska didn't stand to gain nearly as much as they did from that deal.

Nebraska gains a home game next year that CURRENT FANS would love to go see.

Like I have said before, No one knows what went down with this Houston AD. There was a post on here taken from a Houston Cougar board saying they felt their own AD was unprofessional. ESPN didn't have a deal for the game with Houston yet. I think it is a case of the Houston AD counting all his chickens before his eggs hatched.

Ok, here is your cue for a belligerant rant turning everything I just said around. :)

OK, here we go I guess

Fact-pederson says he is not lying everybody else is.

Prove otherwise

Sure, there is a conspiracy against pud to make him out to be the villian. I guess that an intelligent person would take the word of ten or twelve neutral people, as opposed to the word of the perpetrator of the crime.

QUOTE]

Fact-everybody else, who have no relationship to pud or NU and have nothing to lose by telling the truth, said that pederson is lying, they are telling the truth.

I'm sorry to hear that. I think most people would agree that the individual is smart, while the masses are dumb and easily swayed.

I guess Im more positive about my fellow man. I believe that the majority of the people are good, upstanding, intelligent people who have the ability to form their own opinions. You can fool some of the people some of the time, or you can fool and idiot all of the time.

Ah, no. Care to take a look at what is happeneing at Oakland this year? SAME-DAMN-THING. Same thing that happened to Gruden, Callahan and now Norv Turner. The coaches have no control over the players because Al Davis doesn't enforce the coaches discipline. The phrase "the inmates running the asylum" has never fit so perfectly.

While I would agree that Davis is not the model for NFL ownership, the last I checked, under his guidance, the Raiders won a SB or two. Gruden seemed to have good success with that team. Turner, has turner ever been a successful head coach (like callahan)? I believe that some of their players, MVP's/Pro-Bowlers/Hall of Famers, etc, said that they would never play for callahan again.

Another point-me.

Wrong. A blanket statement like "NU Players hate Callahan" is short sighted at best. I guess you missed the article where CORY ROSS came out and said that what the parting players communicated is NOT the way the rest of the team feels.

I guess you either are too incompetent to read, or you conveniently left out the term "some NU players..."

What the hell is Ross going to say? They guy is a 5th yr Sr., he cant go anywhere, he is stuck in the spiderweb. Is he going to say, "This staff is horrible." Yeah, he can either 1) quit 2) suck it up for one more year and make it to the NFL, 3) transfer to a 1AA school and ruin a chance for his future, or 4) criticize the coaches and suffer the same fate that Birkel did. Not much of a choice there.

I guess you missed the press conference after the K-state game where Callahan said, and I quote "I offer no excuses, just understand that. There are no excuses. None whatsoever. I am very adament about that. I take total accountability, total accountabilty for what transpired on the field. Total." That is just one example. I have heard him say similar things at other post-game press conferences. I guess if one cared enough to actuall read and listen they one would hear that. But it's just easier to spout of BS.

Naw, I didnt miss it, but such admissions were few and far between. Mostly I hear, "Wait until we get OUR system in place." or "Wait until we get OUR players on campus." Or how about elmo saying that this was the worst performance he has ever witnessed by a secondary. Really, a secondary that set the school record for picks last year, who had a returning A-A, and another All-conf candidate, a secondary that was rated as one of the 3 in the country. Gee, what changed between this year and last?

[Last year's team won 10 games, none of those wins came against teams that won a bowl game.

But I guess that you subscribe to the puderson school of success and improvement. You bet, this years FIVE WIN season was much more enjoyable and fullfilling than lasts year.

Okay, and nobody said that last years team was a NC contender, but at least they were above .500.

Nebraska finished with 3 losses. There were 9 teams with 3 losses or more rated higher than Nebraska in the final polls.

Again, and I guess that 5-6 and the holidays at home is better?????????

Solich took a team that went to the Rose Bowl to play for a national championship, to a team that lost 7 games. 7 losses hasn't been done for over 40 years.

Sure, that was a collosal disaster, but Solich rectified that by bringing in a new staff of young, talented, vibrant coaches that put together schemes that got the most out of what they had. He didnt bring in a bunch of has-been, re-tread losers that cant figure out that when your team is good at cover 2 and cover 3, you might want to run those schemes from time to time.

Bill Callahan WENT to the SuperBowl, last time I checked, not many guys can say that.

Yawn......took ANOTHER MANS team to the SB one year, and went 4-12 the next. Not many guys can also say that they destroyed 2 different teams in 2 consecutive years, and led them to their worst seasons in recent history, respectfully.

The Raiders have had a history of player malcontent.

Is this where we blame everyone else, again?

The Houston Cougars are the little guy and feel slighted, Nebraska didn't stand to gain nearly as much as they did from that deal.

Agreed, but puderson is making a habit out of embarrassing the team, the program, the university, and the state.

Nebraska gains a home game next year that CURRENT FANS would love to go see.

Wanna put a wager on that? Ive heard that very few people really care to see a 5-6 NU team play a 5-6 1AA team. I bet that they sell out, barely, almost lose the sellout streak. I also bet that you'll be able to get tickets anywhere for face value.

Like I have said before, No one knows what went down with this Houston AD. There was a post on here taken from a Houston Cougar board saying they felt their own AD was unprofessional. ESPN didn't have a deal for the game with Houston yet. I think it is a case of the Houston AD counting all his chickens before his eggs hatched.

I would agree with you totally, but I guess that if you use a post from a Houston Cougar board as gospel truth, then you are barking up the wrong tree. As we all know, EVERYTHING on the internet is real and true, right?

Ok, here is your cue for a belligerant rant turning everything I just said around. :)

Naw, not beligerent, and I am just correcting a few errors, and connecting a few dots for you :clap

<[Last year's team won 10 games, none of those wins came against teams that won a bowl game.

But I guess that you subscribe to the puderson school of success and improvement. You bet, this years FIVE WIN season was much more enjoyable and fullfilling than lasts year.

Okay, and nobody said that last years team was a NC contender, but at least they were above .500.

Again, and I guess that 5-6 and the holidays at home is better?????????>

Ok, here we go. 2002 set a low for losses for the past 43 years. 2003 was not much better. 10 wins, but 3 bad losses. The pollsters were not impressed, ranking Nebraska below 9 other teams with 3 losses or more. 2002 was bad, 2003(albeit an improvement) looked better than it was. I'm not excited about the Huskers being home for the holidays, but the alamo and independence bowls didn't exactly get me geeked.

How are the Raiders that went to the super bowl "Gruden's Team", but the 2003 Raiders were "Callahan's Team."

As far as next year's game, while right now not many people may be too excited for it, but come September 3rd at least 78,000 people will be excited about it. Just because you are a former fan doesn't mean that everyone else is gonna do a Benedict Arnold impression.

As far as the Houston post, the point was that even people in Houston don't agree with him. If you have read any of Benard's babble, you know not everything you read on the internet is believable.

Your move, Sherlock. :)

Heard Houston's AD get interviewed last night on the radio and he said there was a strong verbal agreement between nu and houston for months now. He said that pederson didn't even call him to tell him that they weren't going to play, he had to call a couple days ago and Pederson says oh I think we are going to go in a different direction. HE said he wouldn't of cared if it happen a month ago but right now for them to do this is gutless.

Callahan's team in Oakland in '03 was also without league-MVP Rich Gannon because of injury. Callahan's team of '04 was w/o the 3 best defensive players from the past year. Callahan's system took the Raiders to the Super Bowl in '02, and only Charles Woodson stated he would never play for Callahan. Former Huskers on that Raider team said Callahan was a great coach even after he left. What did they have to gain?

Also, the Houston AD originally said Pederson called him but now he says he didn't? Funny. And didn't Charles Woodson recently get arrested? Wow, two stand-up guys I'll believe whenever they open their mouths!