Pud has the competition calling us "bush"

Regardless of whether we were legally required to fulfill our obligation to Houston or not, statements like this are not good for the program:

"This is absolutely unprofessional in every way," Maggard said. "It's gutless. Spineless. They're going to have to live with it. I've lost a tremendous amount of respect for that program. I think that for college athletics, it's shameful.

"We're going to figure out a solution, but they (the Huskers) are developing a reputation for hanging people out to dry. I think it's a sad commentary on the people running that athletic program."

Although in the end, its all "big business", and these things happen in Corporate America everday, Steve is doing his best to drag the mighty "N" through the mud and ruin what Devaney, Osborne and others worked so hard to establish - integrity & respect. :(

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Fudpucker can do NO wrong!! Wonder how much TV revenue we stand to lose on that deal??

I didn't say that. See, that's the difference between you and me. I looked at the facts and drew a conclusion with not trying to biased at best. You automatically assume everyone is an idiot except you. I could give a sh#t what a Houston AD has to say. He sounds more pissed at losing the deal than how it went down. I know if I were in that situation, I would take nothing for granted. Not even a "verbal agreement".

Yea, it sucks that those things were published in paper for everyone to read.

That situation makes you wonder what happened actually. I know Houston and NU were in talks to set up a thursday night game and then Pederson backed Nebraska out of it to play Maine. Did the Houston AD not wanna budge on a condition that Nebraska needed? Did they not want to come to Nebraska the next year and play? Perhaps the Houston AD is unprofessional. I dunno, but while more and more bad things pile up on Pederson, its getting awful hard to look at the flipside.

It all comes down to Stevie trying to ensure a winning record next year so this program doesn't look like the crap it's become. 5 straight home games? 7 home games?  The Houston game was to be on the road and Billy knows he ain't ready for any kind of prime time.

BS. Every team wants as many home games as possible. This isn't different. Most any deal you make with a team is going to be a home/away deal. Maybe he wanted the first year to be home for NU and the next to be away? Who knows.

The bigger picture here is that many parts of the football program are under even closer eye of the public now. Who ever paid attention to pre-conference game negotiations in the past 10 years? Not I.

And, honestly, the Houston AD using the word "unprofessional" is a bit ironic. Blasting someone in public and finger pointing is about the most unprofessional thing you can do IMO. It also turns out that ESPN didn't have this game scheduled as the Houston AD tried to say. As far as ESPN is concerned it was far from a done deal.

That situation makes you wonder what happened actually.  I know Houston and NU were in talks to set up a thursday night game and then Pederson backed Nebraska out of it to play Maine.  Did the Houston AD not wanna budge on a condition that Nebraska needed?  Did they not want to come to Nebraska the next year and play? Perhaps the Houston AD is unprofessional.  I dunno, but while more and more bad things pile up on Pederson, its getting awful hard to look at the flipside.

Good points DJR. There's most likely more than meets the eye here, and like Dave alluded to, if people aired each other out every chance they got, most papers would be unreadable.. as more and more are becoming everyday.

This crap happens every year. Mizzou and Iowa went through it last year. Did everyone get over it, I think it took about a day. I believe Texas did it to Hawaii one year also. The Houston AD is probably made because they already started banking on the HUGE payday they would of received. Nothing is official until the contract is signed. Man I hate Steve Pederson. Wait I get to go to 7 home games next year. :horns2 Nevermind.

I didn't say that. See, that's the difference between you and me. I looked at the facts and drew a conclusion with not trying to biased at best. You automatically assume everyone is an idiot except you. I could give a sh#t what a Houston AD has to say. He sounds more pissed at losing the deal than how it went down. I know if I were in that situation, I would take nothing for granted. Not even a "verbal agreement".

Yea, it sucks that those things were published in paper for everyone to read.

Nah I don't think everyones an idiot, just Stevie!! :)

Also newearth, I think the Huston AD IS po'd about how it went down!! But Steve has a track record of not giving a rat's ass about doing things with class..

ayayay yai!!! this pud ceases to amze me! sure we dont know the whole story sure this happnes all the time sure this houston guy might be a scumbag himslef. but guess what, all that is friggin irrelevant. the pud has defaced the U of N once again. this is not healthy folks and bad karma for the U. we dont need this bush league crap at a premier instituion like UNL, bottom line. the scumbag pudbag needs to go. there are plenty of other qualified people out there that can run an esteemd athleic program effectivly and not fall on their face and make us look as bad as absolutely possible in every situation possible when it isnt even clsoe to necessary.

i jus cant believe that a guy like this whos suppsd to be this genuis businss man is making all these cardinal sin bumblefuk mistakes. i mean everyone konws in businss and all walks of life that you NEED ALLIES!! and thers no point in burning bridges when you don have to. all this guy has is adversaries. reminds me of anoter rednek who happns to be running our great country.. how do these trashbag used carsalesman jerkoffs not die off???!!! find a car lot stevie mcPud, and go there and get away from my school!!!!! :blink::bat:steam

Regardless of whether we were legally required to fulfill our obligation to Houston or not, statements like this are not good for the program:

"This is absolutely unprofessional in every way," Maggard said. "It's gutless. Spineless. They're going to have to live with it. I've lost a tremendous amount of respect for that program. I think that for college athletics, it's shameful.

"We're going to figure out a solution, but they (the Huskers) are developing a reputation for hanging people out to dry. I think it's a sad commentary on the people running that athletic program."

Although in the end, its all "big business", and these things happen in Corporate America everday, Steve is doing his best to drag the mighty "N" through the mud and ruin what Devaney, Osborne and others worked so hard to establish - integrity & respect. :(

In time, we always forget about the negative publicity or the "wrongdoings" that have occured. Believe me Devaney was no saint. He was an alcoholic and cheated on his wife. Media wasn't as harsh as it is today. Osborne let LP back on the team, after he slap a girl around. Integrity? If anything, Solich had more integrity and respect for the game, than these two.

This is all just merely another way to look at things.

In time, we always forget about the negative publicity or the "wrongdoings" that have occured. Believe me Devaney was no saint. He was an alcoholic and cheated on his wife. Media wasn't as harsh as it is today. Osborne let LP back on the team, after he slap a girl around. Integrity? If anything, Solich had more integrity and respect for the game, than these two.

This is all just merely another way to look at things.

Agreed.

I have a feeling that this situation became more than it really was.