Pud has the competition calling us "bush"

Sure, there is a conspiracy against pud to make him out to be the villian. I guess that an intelligent person would take the word of ten or twelve neutral people, as opposed to the word of the perpetrator of the crime.

I never said that there was a conspiracy. All I asked was to provide rocksolid proof that Pederson is in the wrong. Don't skirt it.

Houston has a history of backing out of SIGNED contracts. They did so in 1998 as I posted earlier in this thread. As far as I am concerned, the Houston AD hung himself by going public and blasting the University

I guess Im more positive about my fellow man. I believe that the majority of the people are good, upstanding, intelligent people who have the ability to form their own opinions. You can fool some of the people some of the time, or you can fool and idiot all of the time.

You missed my point. Yes most of the time the individual is smart. But lump those same people into a large group the story isn't the same. Agreeing with the masses just because they are the masses is dumb IMO.

While I would agree that Davis is not the model for NFL ownership, the last I checked, under his guidance, the Raiders won a SB or two. Gruden seemed to have good success with that team. Turner, has turner ever been a successful head coach (like callahan)? I believe that some of their players, MVP's/Pro-Bowlers/Hall of Famers, etc, said that they would never play for callahan again.

My point was exactly what DJR said. The raiders have a history of malcontent. There are also Raider players, for NU players, that liked Callahan as a coach and believed that the few primadonna's were the cause of the teams demise. You can just ignore that and put everything on Callahan because it fits your argument. It's a messy situation no matter how you look at it. However, it is still irrelevant to Callahan as a Husker coach.

I am done talking about the Raiders and Callahan. The horse is almost disintegrated.

I guess you either are too incompetent to read, or you conveniently left out the term "some NU players..."

What the hell is Ross going to say? They guy is a 5th yr Sr., he cant go anywhere, he is stuck in the spiderweb. Is he going to say, "This staff is horrible." Yeah, he can either 1) quit 2) suck it up for one more year and make it to the NFL, 3) transfer to a 1AA school and ruin a chance for his future, or 4) criticize the coaches and suffer the same fate that Birkel did. Not much of a choice there.

1. Birkel did NOT leave or get kicked off because he spoke out against the team. He was pissed he wasn't getting the PT he thought he deserved and decided to last out AFTER leaving the team. Let's not distort reality too much.

2. So Ross didn't talk smack because he had no choice? As if some how he had the proverbial gun to his head? Give me a break man. BS. I guess it is impossible that he is happy with where he is at and happy that he is learning something that might HELP him in his bid to become and NFL player, right? Rationally, all we have is what the guy has said publicly. And, well, we all know what he said.

Naw, I didnt miss it, but such admissions were few and far between. Mostly I hear, "Wait until we get OUR system in place." or "Wait until we get OUR players on campus." Or how about elmo saying that this was the worst performance he has ever witnessed by a secondary. Really, a secondary that set the school record for picks last year, who had a returning A-A, and another All-conf candidate, a secondary that was rated as one of the 3 in the country. Gee, what changed between this year and last?

You said Callahan and staff have NEVER taken responsibility. I gave you an example of when they did. Period. Don't change the subject.

Houston has a history of backing out of SIGNED contracts. They did so in 1998 as I posted earlier in this thread. As far as I am concerned, the Houston AD hung himself by going public and blasting the University

You missed my point. Yes most of the time the individual is smart. But lump those same people into a large group the story isn't the same. Agreeing with the masses just because they are the masses is dumb IMO.

My point was exactly what DJR said. The raiders have a history of malcontent. There are also Raider players, for NU players, that liked Callahan as a coach and believed that the few primadonna's were the cause of the teams demise. You can just ignore that and put everything on Callahan because it fits your argument. It's a messy situation no matter how you look at it. However, it is still irrelevant to Callahan as a Husker coach.

I am done talking about the Raiders and Callahan. The horse is almost disintegrated.

1. Birkel did NOT leave or get kicked off because he spoke out against the team. He was pissed he wasn't getting the PT he thought he deserved and decided to last out AFTER leaving the team. Let's not distort reality too much.

2. So Ross didn't talk smack because he had no choice? As if some how he had the proverbial gun to his head? Give me a break man. BS. I guess it is impossible that he is happy with where he is at and happy that he is learning something that might HELP him in his bid to become and NFL player, right? Rationally, all we have is what the guy has said publicly. And, well, we all know what he said.

[You said Callahan and staff have NEVER taken responsibility. I gave you an example of when they did. Period. Don't change the subject.

I agree, do we believe the pot or the kettle.

Im not talking about the masses, I am talking about a dozen or so people who have have professional/personal dealings with puderson.

Besides, if you want to talk about the masses, majority rules in this country.

Yes and no. It shows a PATTERN of consistency. While the Raiders have a history of malcontent and poor management, callahan has a history of not motivating players, turning winners into losers, losing player confidence, not being able to teach, underachieving, etc.

No, but he was dropped from 2nd on the depth chart to, God know where, was never given an explanation from bill, and was treated very shabbily.

You could be right, and so could I. But I also remember Bobby Newcombe saying "Who wouldnt love playing for Nebraska." after Crouch was given the starting job and Newcombe moved to WR, and we all knew he didnt mean it. (BTW, he said it very sarcastically.)

[You said Callahan and staff have NEVER taken responsibility. I gave you an example of when they did. Period. Don't change the subject.

I didnt change the subject, I gave examples of him laying the blame all over the place. While the word "never" was too extreme, I should have used the term "rarely." Sorry you took it so literaly.

Pederson talked about this today.  Here is the story from espn.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1951236

And if you believe any of this, then I got some good land I want to sell you.

Why not believe him? Because he fired Solich? Because Nutt and his boner of an AD said Pederson offered him the job? Sorry not gonna side with some dude that lost a payday and is spitting sour grapes over it. This crap happens all the time get over it, move on and find someone else to play.

Now where is that land you want to sell? :thumbs