Since there are very few new threads coming up on here and Rumorville slowly dying on the vine, I will start one.

I want to admit that I didn't think there was any chance that TO would hire Pelini. I thought there were enough ????'s to avoid taking the chance. When people posted that we need the fire of Pelini and we need a defensive head coach, I usually laughed. Any coach can hire a good DC and the problem would be solved. No amount of theatrics on the sideline will have the staying power necessary to make a great D, but right up front in the press conference there was TO talking about needing a defensive guy, and it being a main reason he took Bo.

So if you were as WRONG as I was, add your name to the list. Swallow your pride and remember, if Bo goes sub .500 for a few years and gets fired we can dig this up and look like the smart ones.

Since there are very few new threads coming up on here and Rumorville slowly dying on the vine, I will start one.

I want to admit that I didn't think there was any chance that TO would hire Pelini. I thought there were enough ????'s to avoid taking the chance. When people posted that we need the fire of Pelini and we need a defensive head coach, I usually laughed. Any coach can hire a good DC and the problem would be solved. No amount of theatrics on the sideline will have the staying power necessary to make a great D, but right up front in the press conference there was TO talking about needing a defensive guy, and it being a main reason he took Bo.

So if you were as WRONG as I was, add your name to the list. Swallow your pride and remember, if Bo goes sub .500 for a few years and gets fired we can dig this up and look like the smart ones.

ill go on the record right now (as i have been the past few days) and say with bo, you're not going to be bad, but you'll never be "great"... ill check back in in a year or two.

ill go on the record right now (as i have been the past few days) and say with bo, you're not going to be bad, but you'll never be "great"... ill check back in in a year or two.

I'll agree -- but it is more than Bo --- it is with the Assistants hired as well. We'll be better, but top-notch I doubt. Bo himself may be great, may not The assistants hired, hmnnnnn.....

This is my last post. I can no longer stand the overall pesimistic attitude shown by so many on here. Before Coach Pelini has coached one game, we have already railed on him for his staff. No one knows what is going to happen. They could be great, they may be terrible, only time will tell.

We have people all over Tom Osborne, questioning his morals. Questioning if he is really telling the truth. What is the matter with you?

We can't hire Nebraska guys! We can only hire Nebraska guys! We need to hire Jim Grobe! We need Paul Johnson! We need to keep Callahan!

I understand what an opinion message board is. I realize I will be flamed for this post. Quite frankly I don't care anymore. I think that the anti-Nebraska fans have taken over this board. I'm not saying that most are not fans of Nebraska, but more and more, this place is sounding like every other fan sight on the net.

Nebraska fans are supposed to be the best fans in the country. "We all stick together in all kinds of weather". It is amazing how many synical fans we have now. What ever happened to supporting your team no matter what? Way too many posters on this board are a disgrace to NEBRASKA FANS.

So rail away, let me have it. To all of the true Nebraska fans on here, thank you for the entertainment over the past two years. Thank you being an invisable family to so many people like me. To all the posters on here try to keep it positive. Try to give your opinions like the people you are flaming are sitting with you at the computer.

Go Big Red

Good Bye

I better add myself to the list. He was not in my top 4 choices either. I too thought by year 3/4 we would be scratching our heads and going why did we hire this guy. But I must tell you, Im on the bowagon and very excited about next year. He certainly has added aspring in my step. I will be watching where Peterson ends up going or if he stays at Boise State, what happens to Turner Gill, etc... LSU will beat OSU very badly in NC game 2008. It would be nice if at the end of the game, Bo would open rip open his shirt and reveal his Nebraska colors underneath (a la Superman)(or those cool ass pilots that buzz the stadium before each game).

well, gee, nice of you to give him 2 whole years........hell, we put up with cally's crap for 4 years, guess you just raised the bar to an unreasonable level, don't you think?? :wtf

This is my last post. I can no longer stand the overall pesimistic attitude shown by so many on here. Before Coach Pelini has coached one game, we have already railed on him for his staff. No one knows what is going to happen. They could be great, they may be terrible, only time will tell.

We have people all over Tom Osborne, questioning his morals. Questioning if he is really telling the truth. What is the matter with you?

We can't hire Nebraska guys! We can only hire Nebraska guys! We need to hire Jim Grobe! We need Paul Johnson! We need to keep Callahan!

I understand what an opinion message board is. I realize I will be flamed for this post. Quite frankly I don't care anymore. I think that the anti-Nebraska fans have taken over this board. I'm not saying that most are not fans of Nebraska, but more and more, this place is sounding like every other fan sight on the net.

Nebraska fans are supposed to be the best fans in the country. "We all stick together in all kinds of weather". It is amazing how many synical fans we have now. What ever happened to supporting your team no matter what? Way too many posters on this board are a disgrace to NEBRASKA FANS.

So rail away, let me have it. To all of the true Nebraska fans on here, thank you for the entertainment over the past two years. Thank you being an invisable family to so many people like me. To all the posters on here try to keep it positive. Try to give your opinions like the people you are flaming are sitting with you at the computer.

Go Big Red

Good Bye

What fun is flaming if you're not going to read it? :sarcasm

In all seriousness (this is the narcissist in me coming out), I hope you're not referring to my posts. I have stated that the assistants don't have a "wow" factor, I've stated that we won't be great as quickly as OU was, I've also stated that we will be back, and I've also tempered my enthusiasm by stating that it will take more time than most on this board think.

I haven't read much of the posts you describe, I've not seen TO's morals questioned (I believe that you did see it, I'm just saying I haven't seen it), I don't see people insisting on certain types of coaches other than a fairly vocal bunch that seems to think we need a set of assistants that understand Nebraska football. I don't believe that's a bad thing, though I think understanding doesn't necessarily equal experience. I hate to keep referring back to OU and Stoops, but I will once again -- Stoops didn't have experience with "Sooner Magic", but he understood it and embraced it. I think Pelini is much the same, he has limited experience with Nebraska Cornhusker football -- one could argue that he hasn't experienced true Nebraska football if he didn't coach directly under the Truth, the Way, and the Osborne (T. W. Osborne) or the Bobfather (Bob Devaney). That lack of experience is okay -- he proved after he was announced that he understood and respected past coaches, an important respect that Callahan either lacked or was unable to communicate.

I think Pelini will do well, I think the assistants will generally do well, and I think we'll be a national power again in five years.

any great coach can hire a good offensive coordinator as well, which is what Pelini will do

that is exactly 100% correct and he will basically stay out of the offensive scheme as well. he will delegate it to Watson and let him run with it. he will concentrate on defense and make great strides and bring this program back. he is smart enough to coach to HIS strength and let Watson do his thing. cally wasn't worth a sh#t at either one, at least Bo knows his talents and will focus his efforts in that direction. i think those that keep the faith will be pleasantly surprised.

the naysayers can log off and go bitch somewhere else. i prefer to give this guy a chance, at least 4-5 years and see where we go with this new bunch of coaches. chuckleshuffle

any great coach can hire a good offensive coordinator as well, which is what Pelini will do

that is exactly 100% correct and he will basically stay out of the offensive scheme as well. he will delegate it to Watson and let him run with it. he will concentrate on defense and make great strides and bring this program back. he is smart enough to coach to HIS strength and let Watson do his thing. cally wasn't worth a sh#t at either one, at least Bo knows his talents and will focus his efforts in that direction. i think those that keep the faith will be pleasantly surprised.

the naysayers can log off and go bitch somewhere else. i prefer to give this guy a chance, at least 4-5 years and see where we go with this new bunch of coaches.

That's not true -- he said during his announcement something to the effect of:

[As a defensive coordinator I know what we can do on offense that will give defenses trouble, and I'll work with my OC to make sure that we're doing those things that give defenses trouble.]

I personally wouldn't want a coach that's totally hands off on either side of the ball -- he's ultimately responsible for what happens on both sides, and better have basic fundamental understandings of what needs to happen on both sides. I believe Pelini does, so I'm not worried about it.

Damn it, if you would have said "When" instead of "if" in that last sentence, then you'd look smart in the future. But now, admitting that you were wrong then will make you wrong again if those 500 seasons come to pass ;)

Go Big Red

Good Bye

What? Who is questioning TO and his morals?

I think Pelini will do well, I think the assistants will generally do well, and I think we'll be a national power again in five years.

I think you are wrong. I believe Kansas and Mizzu both proved this year that if you take care of business, win the BigXII North you then have a shot by winning one more game to be in the NC hunt. I also believe that with an improved defense and the current offense(or slight variation there of) we can be very competitve. I dont think next year we'll be losing any 70-50 games...

T

Also, when Bolini says he can give input about schemes that give defensive units trouble...I'm guessing he means the spread which give every team trouble. SO will WILL see that from our team next year.

Wow. Some people sure took that the wrong way. I can be surprised he was picked, especially if I actually was surprised. I was purely just trying to read TO's mind about what I thought he would do and I was way off. Suppose I should have added something about being supportive of our new coach, which I am. And Glendower, I said IF because I don't expect it to happen.

Probably shouldn't have included that last sentence. It's probably the one that made the post look negative.