Who are we gonna lose and who is gonna stay?

As of right now, 8 commitments are listed as "soft verbal" commitments. How many of these end up going elsewhere? Bryce Givens and Josh Williams have Missouri and Texas interested. Mohler and Meredith are looking towards Oregon. Hoch is apparently being courted by Illinois. Okafor has recent offers from Stanford and Kansas(fellow HS teammate is a KU commit). Compton sounds like he is more solid, but still interested in Missouri. No idea on Doug Rippy, but since Rudolph is gone, he may be as well. If we keep half of these guys, is that kind of a moral victory? The only thing worse than losing commits is losing commits late in the game. This class started off so promising and at this point it is barely being held together. Hopefully Pelini and the assistants can show that some stability is here and that Nebraska is still the place to go. Losing a recruiting class will prove very hurtful like the class of 2004 suffered.

May these wishy washy Callacruits be gone ASAP and Bo can recruit his own type of player in the

future. These are the same type of recruits that became a Callacancer to the Huskers. And may the

door not hit them in the ar$e on their way out. :box

And for 4 years a top 10 class got us what?

Let these coaches coach some 3 star kids and see what happens

These coaches + 2 and 3 star players = Kansas. These coaches + 4 and 5 star players = LSU or Ohio St.

LSU or Ohio St > Kansas

Thank you, I thought i was the only person on here that thought that way. I know that these 4 and five star kids that Callahan brought in didnt really do anything. But this doesnt mean we just stop going after the best talent. We are Nebraska (not Kansas or Missouri) who have a good year ever 10 years, we need the best kids so we can compete with LSU and OU and USC every year, and get back to dominating Kansas and Mizzou every year.

Whaa? Huh? Whoa...

I could see a few decommit, but also thought that most of these guys would put some good thought into sticking around.

I guess making the final decision will come down to playing for the N on the helmet. Those that want that will stay.

Sure hope Hoch doesnt change his mind.

Hey DJR, what are your sincere thoughts about Pelini sticking around here to reassure these recruits vs preparing for LSU time? Meaning, if he can use this time as a way to go out and talk to these recruits, shouldnt he?

I dont know the rules or answer, but can he visit these guys during this time or not?

The sky is falling!!! Some of you are hilarious. I'm not gonna be able to gratify myself on February 2nd this season. Oh No!!! What's gonna happen when I can't talk smack to other Big 12 North schools on signing day? Oh the humanity!!!

Nebraska is going to be fine people. Get a grip. If Simi leaves I will cry a little, other than that, this is all pretty normal and expected.

Can I tell you all how excited I am that we don't have to see Shaun Mohler on the field next season. The thought of resting hopes on a JUCO linebacker to come in and start right away were scaring me to death. Let him go.

I bet Pelini moves Asante to outside linebacker with Dillard inside and Lawrence outside also. Culbert and Thenarse will start at the safety positions. Latravis Washington and Covey will be the back ups at backer

Sure Mohler could've provided another athletic body, but I'm so sick and tired of counting on JUCO players.

The sky is falling!!! Some of you are hilarious. I'm not gonna be able to gratify myself on February 2nd this season. Oh No!!! What's gonna happen when I can't talk smack to other Big 12 North schools on signing day? Oh the humanity!!!

Nebraska is going to be fine people. Get a grip. If Simi leaves I will cry a little, other than that, this is all pretty normal and expected.

Can I tell you all how excited I am that we don't have to see Shaun Mohler on the field next season. The thought of resting hopes on a JUCO linebacker to come in and start right away were scaring me to death. Let him go.

I bet Pelini moves Asante to outside linebacker with Dillard inside and Lawrence outside also. Culbert and Thenarse will start at the safety positions. Latravis Washington and Covey will be the back ups at backer

Sure Mohler could've provided another athletic body, but I'm so sick and tired of counting on JUCO players.

Losing up to 10 recruits is a problem. Some had already left, but this is getting bad. Yes, we need a coach that can develop players, but we also need a coach that is able to bring in talent. Almost every kid Pelini has visited has decommitted or been downgraded to a soft verbal. This is a huge problem. If you do not think this is a problem, just look towards the lack of senior leadership during the 2007 season. The class of 2004 would have produced the leaders for that class and they just weren't there because that class was devastated. I agree, if they aren't on board, they aren't on board, but if every guy who is waivering ends up leaving, what does this say about Pelini's recruiting ability? The loss of a lot of these guys will not show next year, but we will see it in 4 years.

Hey DJR, what are your sincere thoughts about Pelini sticking around here to reassure these recruits vs preparing for LSU time? Meaning, if he can use this time as a way to go out and talk to these recruits, shouldnt he?

I dont know the rules or answer, but can he visit these guys during this time or not?

Well, I do not have a problem with him going to LSU to finish the job there, because that takes place during a recruiting dead period, meaning no direct contact between coaches and players. There is work that could be done to get ready for next year, but nothing as far as recruiting goes. I just hope that recruits start rolling in for Pelini and he starts proving those wrong that said he can't recruit. He doesn't need to have all 4* players come in here, but we can't afford to lose everyone that the prior staff worked for over a year to get here.

Losing up to 10 recruits is a problem. Some had already left, but this is getting bad. Yes, we need a coach that can develop players, but we also need a coach that is able to bring in talent. Almost every kid Pelini has visited has decommitted or been downgraded to a soft verbal. This is a huge problem. If you do not think this is a problem, just look towards the lack of senior leadership during the 2007 season. The class of 2004 would have produced the leaders for that class and they just weren't there because that class was devastated. I agree, if they aren't on board, they aren't on board, but if every guy who is waivering ends up leaving, what does this say about Pelini's recruiting ability? The loss of a lot of these guys will not show next year, but we will see it in 4 years.

For Christ's sake. This is not even close to the '04 class, even if we do lose all these guys. This current class is still much better and more talented. Btw, did the '04 class really kill us against OSU? Did the lack of talent in the '04 class really allow us to give up 140 points combined to CU and KU?

Please. Where was the leadership from the '05 class? McKeon and Ruud were around in '04? Where was their leadership.

We have too many fans who sat around spanking their puds over recruiting, and now the same people, are crying over some losses.

USC was the only game all season where NU lost because of talent, and I'll even argue that game could've been much closer with a different attitude and coaching on defense.

Kuli will be the biggest loss for this football team. Other than that, this team can survive the "dreadfull '08 class" where Nebraska finishes 30th in the country. Oh No!! Oh My God! How will we ever compete with the rest of the Big 12?

For Christ's sake. This is not even close to the '04 class, even if we do lose all these guys. This current class is still much better and more talented. Btw, did the '04 class really kill us against OSU? Did the lack of talent in the '04 class really allow us to give up 140 points combined to CU and KU?

Please. Where was the leadership from the '05 class? McKeon and Ruud were around in '04? Where was their leadership.

We have too many fans who sat around spanking their puds over recruiting, and now the same people, are crying over some losses.

USC was the only game all season where NU lost because of talent, and I'll even argue that game could've been much closer with a different attitude and coaching on defense.

Kuli will be the biggest loss for this football team. Other than that, this team can survive the "dreadfull '08 class" where Nebraska finishes 30th in the country. Oh No!! Oh My God! How will we ever compete with the rest of the Big 12?

If we lose everyone that is waivering, it won't be a top 30 class. We will be looking at finishing in the lower half of the big 12. I agree that the talent that is here should be fine, but if this class ends up with 14 recruits sticking, it will show in a few years. I just don't think you understand it is not a direct cause-effect that shows instantly. The sky isn't falling, but if we keep losing players things will not be pretty.