fezunts!

get huskin!

Holy Mother of Moses! We actually got a skiff of white powdery snow over the weekend and my pheasant hunting 'spot' became a happy place for me again! Jumped 4 roosters outta one spot Sunday around noon and folded one up with a load of #6 shot from my .410 Wingmaster! Nice big rooster for a change. Out here in eastern Kolorado we got to our birds quick before the coyotes and owls do!!! How's the bird chasin' in your neck of the woods? GBR!

Holy Mother of Moses! We actually got a skiff of white powdery snow over the weekend and my pheasant hunting 'spot' became a happy place for me again! Jumped 4 roosters outta one spot Sunday around noon and folded one up with a load of #6 shot from my .410 Wingmaster! Nice big rooster for a change. Out here in eastern Kolorado we got to our birds quick before the coyotes and owls do!!! How's the bird chasin' in your neck of the woods? GBR!

I went with my dad in south central/west Nebraska along the Kansas line. Good amount of bird down there south of Oxford and Beaver City but you also have to work for them, but that's the fun in it right?!!

I went with my dad in south central/west Nebraska along the Kansas line. Good amount of bird down there south of Oxford and Beaver City but you also have to work for them, but that's the fun in it right?!!

YEah, I gotta buddy that hunts around the Lucas / Luray area (Kansas) and he says that birds are plentiful. Makes sense... We're still feeding them thistle, cactus and sand out here so our numbers aren't HUGE yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never missed a Duck, but I've never gotten a pheasant..They make so much noise when you step on them I usually end up almost shooting myself.

Last time I went, I fell through some Ice in a creek North of Funk..I saved my 12-guage and threw it to my older Brother who was just home from college..It was -20f, so my clothes turned to ice within seconds and ice kept breaking off as I was taking my coat off and then chasing 5 roosters who seemed to be taking off in single file...Got a shot off at the last one, but still missed. :bang

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I've never missed a Duck, but I've never gotten a pheasant..They make so much noise when you step on them I usually end up almost shooting myself.

Last time I went, I fell through some Ice in a creek North of Funk..I saved my 12-guage and threw it to my older Brother who was just home from college..It was -20f, so my clothes turned to ice within seconds and ice kept breaking off as I was taking my coat off and then chasing 5 roosters who seemed to be taking off in single file...Got a shot off at the last one, but still missed. :bang

Hey,

I grew up in Holdrege and hunted north of Holdrege and Funk with my friends. Graduated in 2001. Probably hunted the same areas.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...