Are we the only fan base that cares who are assistant coaches are??

:yeah

I am pretty sure the answer to that is no.

We may not be the only fan base that cares but we might be one of the few where the administration listens to its fan base. Let's face it when it became apparent BC was in his last season Bo's name flashed in front of most of us as his replacement. I have a strong feeling Osborne and Perlman were aware of that and set out to find the replacement with that in mind. Whether we were right remains to be seen but the fact is if it works out we all share in the success. If it doesn't we can all share in the blame.

My feeling is it is going to work out although not by magic. Bo has alot of work to do, not just with the defense but with the offense as well. I am surprised at the recruiting defects This team is going to be all about getting the job done. No mention of the NFL, just go out and win the big 12 and let the chips fall were they may.

I don't think so. Plenty of AD's and administrators are atuned to the coaching preferences of their fan bases and plenty of fans elsewhere pay careful attention to their assistant coaches.

I know a lot of people like to revel in this idea of "Cornhusker Fan Exceptionalism;" but when it comes down to it, we have more similarities than differences with fan bases at other big time programs. Just look at all the LSU fans on this board with very strong views about Bo Pelini.

We may not be the only fan base that cares but we might be one of the few where the administration listens to its fan base. Let's face it when it became apparent BC was in his last season Bo's name flashed in front of most of us as his replacement. I have a strong feeling Osborne and Perlman were aware of that and set out to find the replacement with that in mind. Whether we were right remains to be seen but the fact is if it works out we all share in the success. If it doesn't we can all share in the blame.

I think it's pretty much a pipe dream to think that fans truly influenced this change.

I can tell you that at A&M, we are frothing at the mouth waiting for coaches to sign on. Our first two choices for Coordinators (Sumlin to UH, Mattison to stay at UF) didn't go the way we wanted.

I know that talks are ongoing. The hope is for Herring to be DC, and I know Major Applewhite is in talks to be QB coach and passing game coordinator. OTher than that, not a lot of news. Regardless, Aggies want a full staff NOW to help with recruiting.

I think it's pretty much a pipe dream to think that fans truly influenced this change.

I wouldn't go that far.

I can tell you that at A&M, we are frothing at the mouth waiting for coaches to sign on. Our first two choices for Coordinators (Sumlin to UH, Mattison to stay at UF) didn't go the way we wanted.

I know that talks are ongoing. The hope is for Herring to be DC, and I know Major Applewhite is in talks to be QB coach and passing game coordinator. OTher than that, not a lot of news. Regardless, Aggies want a full staff NOW to help with recruiting.

it is tough.....incidentally, how are you guys doing on holding on to your verbal commits? any hemorrhaging over at A&M to speak of?

it is tough.....incidentally, how are you guys doing on holding on to your verbal commits? any hemorrhaging over at A&M to speak of?

My understanding is it's gooing VERY well. I think one or two *might* jump ship, and some other schools are making hard runs. However, we also stole 4* Wide Receiver Jeff Fuller from OU and Houston-Area Defensive Player of the Year Trent Hunter from K-State.

So overall, I think we're in GREAT shape. A&M has a currently ranked top-10 recruiting class. :thumbs