Sound familiar?

pctopeka

Yesterday on 810 (WHB Kansas City) chiefs coach Herm Edwards said that the fans misinterpreted his "get over it" remark about their crappy season, and that "it's only one season". Do these remarks sound familiar?

This is why I am so glad that we got rid of our NFL head coach and didn't go looking for another. This is the mentality that colleges need to avoid. While Pelini was an NFL assistant coach, he doesn't seem to have this same mindset. He understands the importance of every game and a winning attitude.

Yesterday on 810 (WHB Kansas City) chiefs coach Herm Edwards said that the fans misinterpreted his "get over it" remark about their crappy season, and that "it's only one season". Do these remarks sound familiar?

This is why I am so glad that we got rid of our NFL head coach and didn't go looking for another. This is the mentality that colleges need to avoid. While Pelini was an NFL assistant coach, he doesn't seem to have this same mindset. He understands the importance of every game and a winning attitude.

You said it yourself. Maybe it's more about the guy and not the fact that he's an NFL coach.

I want to puke in my mouth every time I see any NFL footage.Haven't watched an NFL game in several years.Rules changes didn't ruin the game, it was guys like Dion Sanders, Terrel Owens, the jerkwit reciever from marshal who I've fortunately forgotten, etc. They make asses of themselves on a regular basis, and the fans tolerate it. The start of it was when john Elway was drafted , but threw a hissy fit, and wouldn't sign.Should have told him to get f...ed, and let him go undrafted.

I want to puke in my mouth every time I see any NFL footage.Haven't watched an NFL game in several years.Rules changes didn't ruin the game, it was guys like Dion Sanders, Terrel Owens, the jerkwit reciever from marshal who I've fortunately forgotten, etc. They make asses of themselves on a regular basis, and the fans tolerate it. The start of it was when john Elway was drafted , but threw a hissy fit, and wouldn't sign.Should have told him to get f...ed, and let him go undrafted.

:yeah

Herm had a better attitude when he was coaching the Jets...

I can barely stand to watch the NFL anymore. There are so many BS rules now, that it's ruined the game.

What rules bother you?

It may not be so much the rules as the fact that in some games you see and listen to the ref's far too often. Is a perfect game what we want or do we just want the game. There is a lot to be said for imprefection.

>>>T_O_B

You said it yourself. Maybe it's more about the guy and not the fact that he's an NFL coach.

True but this attitude is more prevalent in the NFL then in college. NFL is business, Super Bowl or bust, where in NCAA there are varying levels of success, as well as traditions. That is why college coaches normally are best off staying in college, and NFL coaches normally are better off staying in the NFL. There are exceptions to this, but I believe the trend.

Herm had a better attitude when he was coaching the Jets...

I can barely stand to watch the NFL anymore. There are so many BS rules now, that it's ruined the game.

What rules bother you?

That the "D" can barely hit the QB anymore. Can they only tackle him on alternate sundays in months ending in "Y"?

:yeah

I actually liked it that Elway had Baseball to fall back on.

I just have had a problem with people not being able to choose where they went to work after college in a so called "Land of the Free".

'Course I can see the need for it (Buffalo would never field a full team) and given better ownership, everyone would want to play for Arizona, or San Diego.

Too bad Kelly Stouffer couldn't play Baseball.