Recruiting, by the numbers

We've had a number of decommitts recently. I'm not suprised at all, and I wish these kids good luck in their future endeavors. After all, they are just kids and it is their lives. I hope they have made the best decision for their future both on an off the football field.

So, lets move on....

How many recruits are we going to take this year? Given how many we have (and assuming they all stay), what do we have left to get?

What are the position of need? Do we need a QB? Do we need an RB? I know we need LBs.

Ok, who is out there that we are targeting to fill these needs? What are our chances of getting them?

I'm much more interested in what are recruiting class is going to look like, not what it could have and will not look like!

PS - I think one thing that is hurting us is that Bo is not "stealing" commits from LSU that he has relationships with. I'd rather have a stand up guy like that coaching us than a vulture willing to do anything to steal a commit from somoenone else.

I think we end up getting about 22 or so. I would rather we get some quality of what is out there than just take anyone and everyone. I like some of the kids that I see have been recently offered. Some kids kinda flying under the radar with a possible high upside. Hopefully we can get some of these guys and get them ready to go for 09. I absolutely despised the thought of Pelini coming to Nebraska, but I have no choice but to root for him and hope he can get some momentum going. I am hoping for an LSU defensive domination on January 7th to jumpstart the homestretch of recruiting. It could be a shot in the arm.

I think we end up getting about 22 or so. I would rather we get some quality of what is out there than just take anyone and everyone. I like some of the kids that I see have been recently offered. Some kids kinda flying under the radar with a possible high upside. Hopefully we can get some of these guys and get them ready to go for 09. I absolutely despised the thought of Pelini coming to Nebraska, but I have no choice but to root for him and hope he can get some momentum going. I am hoping for an LSU defensive domination on January 7th to jumpstart the homestretch of recruiting. It could be a shot in the arm.

We just really won't know what type of coach he is until next season. This recruiting classes effect really won't be felt until 2 or 3 years from now. ;)

This recruiting classes effect really won't be felt until 2 or 3 years from now. ;)

Exactly. A whole lot of unknown out there right now.

i sure don't despise Pelini, he was TO's pick and i believe he can only help our situation here. he will be light years ahead of Coz in what he brings to the defense and Watson will exclusively take care of the offense, giving Bo all the time to focus on the defense and recruiting, which will take up a lot of his time and energy next year. i suspect his class of 2009 will be pretty good, given his time to get situated and build a recruiting network with high school coaches around the country.

i sure don't despise Pelini, he was TO's pick and i believe he can only help our situation here. he will be light years ahead of Coz in what he brings to the defense and Watson will exclusively take care of the offense, giving Bo all the time to focus on the defense and recruiting, which will take up a lot of his time and energy next year. i suspect his class of 2009 will be pretty good, given his time to get situated and build a recruiting network with high school coaches around the country.

You are exactly right Hunter. It will be interesting to see the recruiting class next year after he has had some time with recruits.