bowl games

np_husker

You have to look forward to LSU kicking Ohio State's butts. Ohio State should not even be in this game, everyone said all year that Hawaii didn't deserve to be ranked higher because of strength of schedule....so how does Ohio State rank? The BCS is a joke, it is time for a real playoff, then everyone can look forward to a build up to the one game that will reveal who really deserves it.

But if you did a playoff system wouldnt the season be way longer. On top of players playing alot more during the playoffs. On top of all the money lost in the bowl games. Explain your playoff system and ill see what i think from there.

Ben

i,ve watched a lot of games this week,, some good ones.. the michigan vs florida was probably the one i enjoyed the most... though annoucers, some of the stations announcers just about put me to sleep.. i really enjoy espn,s crew, bob greasy, mcquire and the other fellow...they are funny and very exciting.

There have been several viable playoff systems come up with by different experts. They range from an 8 team playoff system to a 16 team playoff. As far as the length of the season goes, that is a poor excuse for not having one. They already start in August and go into January, that is plenty of time to have a 10 game season, then either 3 or 4 week playoff schedule depending on how many teams are still in. The bowl system sucks for reaching a champion....there is no 3rd, 4th, etc, until the final poll comes out, which leaves it to more speculation and argument.

There is no excuse for not having a playoff. As far as the bowls go, they could still either be a part of the final 2 weeks of the playoff or host teams that were knocked out but still had decent seasons. Being 6-6 is a pretty low standard for making it to a bowl game, maybe there are also too many bowls... :boxosoap

The main reason there will never be a playoff in Div 1 is this.$$$The AD's of all the major conferences will never give up the sweetheart deals they've gotten. Until viewership goes in the tank, it will never change.

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

Read this thru Sarge I think you will see that there is plenty of money in this plan.

What I would like to see is this:

Last weekend in November conference championship games.

First weekeend in December 16 teams start the playoffs.

2nd weekend in Dec. 8 teams play.

3rd weekend in Dec. 4 teams play.

January 1st the eight teams from the 2nd round play in four bowls to determine 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th place.

Thus giving the 4 big Bowls each a game that means something to the teams/fans that are playing.

Season over on New Years and college football has a big time season ending day. Not what we've got now which is a conglomeration of meaningless bowls that have very little meaning to anyone other than the players/fans of the participating teams.

I would think this would generate lots of revenue (Presidents and Ath. Dirs. would like this), and big ratings for the networks.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

I don't care as much about the money..Although it would be interesting if they offered some of the 1st round playoff games at ~$20 per seat to get some more of the locals involved in seeing some Football.

#1, I'd eliminate the conference championship games (so there'd still be apossible matchup between us and OU in a National Championship game).

Kinda hard for the SEC to complain about how tough their conference is if they can't get a team past the semi-finals.. :box

I'd still probably watch if we had playoffs..But I don't see being able to travel to every game..And don't see the players enjoying "Bowl Week" anymore..

~95% of the Seniors will be putting on their pads for the last time ever..I'd much rather see half of them going out with a Win.

There's also so much importance involved in who you would draw..(Rock U./Papar State/Sissors A&M).

I'd much rather have a MNC based on the whole season (Sorry Mechicken fans) rather than who's hot in January.

:)

This is the first year I've given into the playoff thing and then only because I was getting lonley being the only voice advocating going back to what we had for so many years which is just what you are saying H-37. Guess I've found someone who thinks like I do. Good to have you in the boat, I was getting tired of doing all the rowing myself.

>>>T_O_B

I'm probably less adamant about being against Playoffs this season than I usually am..I don't know if it's because of the Wacky season..Or the fact that my Huskers aren't involved... <_<

It seems like they could do a little better job with some of the other BCS match ups this season..(Why I'd be interested in just how you'd decide who plays who in a playoff..Based on rankings? based on conference tie-ins?).

Most Lots of people believe USC and OU are the two best teams right now..I'd like to see them play..But there's never going to be a way to insure they'd play each other in the post season.

And who'da thought WVa could play this far over their heads for one game (at least)?

The BCS sucks hard..But at least the Big11/Pac10 can't hide out in Pasadena anymore.

You have to look forward to LSU kicking Ohio State's butts. Ohio State should not even be in this game, everyone said all year that Hawaii didn't deserve to be ranked higher because of strength of schedule....so how does Ohio State rank? The BCS is a joke, it is time for a real playoff, then everyone can look forward to a build up to the one game that will reveal who really deserves it.

But if you did a playoff system wouldnt the season be way longer. On top of players playing alot more during the playoffs. On top of all the money lost in the bowl games. Explain your playoff system and ill see what i think from there.

Ben

i,ve watched a lot of games this week,, some good ones.. the michigan vs florida was probably the one i enjoyed the most... though annoucers, some of the stations announcers just about put me to sleep.. i really enjoy espn,s crew, bob greasy, mcquire and the other fellow...they are funny and very exciting.

There have been several viable playoff systems come up with by different experts. They range from an 8 team playoff system to a 16 team playoff. As far as the length of the season goes, that is a poor excuse for not having one. They already start in August and go into January, that is plenty of time to have a 10 game season, then either 3 or 4 week playoff schedule depending on how many teams are still in. The bowl system sucks for reaching a champion....there is no 3rd, 4th, etc, until the final poll comes out, which leaves it to more speculation and argument.

There is no excuse for not having a playoff. As far as the bowls go, they could still either be a part of the final 2 weeks of the playoff or host teams that were knocked out but still had decent seasons. Being 6-6 is a pretty low standard for making it to a bowl game, maybe there are also too many bowls... :boxosoap

The main reason there will never be a playoff in Div 1 is this.$$$The AD's of all the major conferences will never give up the sweetheart deals they've gotten. Until viewership goes in the tank, it will never change.

Read this thru Sarge I think you will see that there is plenty of money in this plan.

January 1st the eight teams from the 2nd round play in four bowls to determine 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th place.

Thus giving the 4 big Bowls each a game that means something to the teams/fans that are playing.

Season over on New Years and college football has a big time season ending day. Not what we've got now which is a conglomeration of meaningless bowls that have very little meaning to anyone other than the players/fans of the participating teams.

I would think this would generate lots of revenue (Presidents and Ath. Dirs. would like this), and big ratings for the networks.

>>>T_O_B

I don't care as much about the money..Although it would be interesting if they offered some of the 1st round playoff games at ~$20 per seat to get some more of the locals involved in seeing some Football.

#1, I'd eliminate the conference championship games (so there'd still be apossible matchup between us and OU in a National Championship game).

Kinda hard for the SEC to complain about how tough their conference is if they can't get a team past the semi-finals.. :box

I'd still probably watch if we had playoffs..But I don't see being able to travel to every game..And don't see the players enjoying "Bowl Week" anymore..

~95% of the Seniors will be putting on their pads for the last time ever..I'd much rather see half of them going out with a Win.

There's also so much importance involved in who you would draw..(Rock U./Papar State/Sissors A&M).

I'd much rather have a MNC based on the whole season (Sorry Mechicken fans) rather than who's hot in January.

This is the first year I've given into the playoff thing and then only because I was getting lonley being the only voice advocating going back to what we had for so many years which is just what you are saying H-37. Guess I've found someone who thinks like I do. Good to have you in the boat, I was getting tired of doing all the rowing myself.

>>>T_O_B

I'm probably less adamant about being against Playoffs this season than I usually am..I don't know if it's because of the Wacky season..Or the fact that my Huskers aren't involved... <_<

It seems like they could do a little better job with some of the other BCS match ups this season..(Why I'd be interested in just how you'd decide who plays who in a playoff..Based on rankings? based on conference tie-ins?).

Most Lots of people believe USC and OU are the two best teams right now..I'd like to see them play..But there's never going to be a way to insure they'd play each other in the post season.

And who'da thought WVa could play this far over their heads for one game (at least)?

The BCS sucks hard..But at least the Big11/Pac10 can't hide out in Pasadena anymore.

Ben

>>>T_O_B

>>>T_O_B

Ronssssssss:

Is this what yer trying to post?

Try typing AFTER the last [ /quote ]

Or just hit the "Add Reply" button an inch below the "Reply" button towards the bottom of the page and type away.

During the Florida/Michigan game, the announcers said the name Tebow 12,459 times...I think they would have had sex with him on the field if they could have...

Going by what I watched and heard...Florida had one player on the field and Michigan didn't have any players at all. Only Tebow was there...and he won no matter what the scoreboard said.

The best way to watch any of these Bowl games is with the TV sound turned down and the radio volume turned up because all the TV homer announcers have sucked thus far....