Coach Pelini double duty

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

Story 1 was good. I esprcially liked what the players had to say. I also liked the fact that Bo, even though he had accepted a new position, is remaining loyal to his team until the end of the season.

Story 2 ??? I almost think its some 50 grand a year sports writer trying to stir up trouble because he's jealous that Bo will get at least $80,000. to coach the game, even though he's on Nebraska's payroll. As far as I'm concerned if someone offers it you take it and you take all you can get.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

The second article is just trying to start a fire.

It isn't a salary, but a bonus that was most likely contained in his contract. The way it reads, he may have even gotten the money even if he wasn't coaching LSU depending upon how the contract read.

It reminds me a little of the shares baseball players get for going to the World Series. In theory, the team can vote someone who was traded during the year a share because the team felt that player had made an important contribution to them making it into the World Series. This is just a bonus for helping LSU make the national championship game which is what Pelini did by coaching every game up to this game.