Did Bo make a mistake?

HANC

I think him coaching LSU in the NC game was the right thing to do, but what rubbed me the wrong way at the time, and what still irks me, was what he said during the press conference announcing him as head coach.

His main talking point during the entire press conference was how much work he had to do at Nebraska "over the next month." He came back to that point time and again, saying he couldn't wait to get to Lincoln because they have so much to do "over the next month."

Then, a few days later, we find out, oh by the way, he'll be dividing his time "over the next month" between all that work that had to be done at Lincoln and getting a team ready to play in a National Championship game.

It made the sense of urgency he tried to whip up during the presser seem disingenuous. Don't get me wrong. Still love the guy. Just didn't like that particular week during which he seemed to be talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Whether it was good for NU or not really shouldn't be the issue here. The main issue to me was he should have finished what he started. The only way to do that was to coach in that game. I fully understand him not coaching in the game if Miles and the team didn't want him there. However, he was asked by Miles to coach in that game. If he wouldn't have coached in that game, I would be a lot more nervous about him as our HC. He had an obligation to LSU and the team to coach in the game. Running out on his team like Petrino did to the Falcons would have been unbearable.

I agree, and to me that speaks volumes about his character. :thumbs