KU v NU

Well Nebraska is done playing Kansas for the year unless they can win in the big12 tourney (unlikely not to happen). It is going to hard for this Nebraska team to compete in the conference if they keep playing like they did today. Next game is at Missouri and hopefully Nebraska can show that they can play a little in that game it is a must WIN..........

I think coach sadler should think about giving his current team a chance by playing the redshirted players

witch would give the huskers a chance in the BIG 12.

Well Nebraska is done playing Kansas for the year unless they can win in the big12 tourney (unlikely not to happen). It is going to hard for this Nebraska team to compete in the conference if they keep playing like they did today. Next game is at Missouri and hopefully Nebraska can show that they can play a little in that game it is a must WIN..........

I think coach sadler should think about giving his current team a chance by playing the redshirted players

The seasons already half over so why would he play the redshirted players? It would make no sense IMO. We just don't have the talent to compete with the top half of the Big 12.

The seasons already half over so why would he play the redshirted players? It would make no sense IMO. We just don't have the talent to compete with the top half of the Big 12.

i can see your point there, but nebraska has no chance with there current roster. And i am sick of waiting for next year. the only way you can build a basketball program is playing your recruits just like any other program in the nation. i can understand redshirting a player for injury or grades. there is 5 redshirted players that would help this current team. so if the player is given a free ride make them work for that free education. recruits come in every year.

Until Nebraska has a coach that can recruit, and I think they have one now, we will just have to give it time. Basketball has been and after thought for so long, it will take a coach like Doc 4 or 5 years to get to the point where he can have the players that can get to the NCAA tourney, over and over again with a few misses in between.

When you see what Kansas does to Nebraska just about every year, 30 or more point wins. It lets you know just how far we are behind that type of program. Nebraska will probably never put the type of teams a team like Kansas does year in and year out, but should be able to build the program into a 20+win team every couple of years, with a NCAA qualifying team most years, if Doc is given the time and not asked for miracles from the get go. IMHO

GBR!!!

I think that this season was considered a "throw-away" year, and they are waiting for the red-shirted players. He will not play them.

Next year (here we go again), Nebraska should have a pretty competitive team. After that, with Sadler being an excellent coach and recruiter, we should be pretty competitive on a yearly basis.

Unless Sadler ends up at Kentucky or Texas A&M. :bang

Why in the world did Maric stay for this debacle of a season? Wasn't he going to the NBA and they talked him into coming back? Or am I imagining that?

It was either this season or last season. I think it was this season. I wonder if he looked at the recruits and thought that a good team was possible. Or perhaps his agent wanted him to stay to increase his draft position.

:dunno