So...What Offense WILL We Run???

I would expect that Bo and Shawn have consulted with Dr. Tom about blocking techniques, power running and implementing a little (not a lot) option football. Don't get me wrong. I figure we will throw the ball 25-30 times a game, but consulting Dr. Tom about the running game can't hurt. Ofter all, there isn't a coach out there who knows more about power running than T.O. Here is the beauty of having a former H.C. as A.D. Let alone, one who is among the greatest H.C.s of all-time. This could be huge!

To be honest, I dont know why people are questioning whether or not Ganz will start at QB. He put up playstation like numbers in only 3 games, sure you can question the defenses he matched up against but if i am not mistaking he threw for 405 yds versus a kansas team that won the orange bowl. And as far as our offense goes.....IF IT AINT BROKE, DONT FIX IT!!!

The main reason is he played so few games, so we've had a very narrow view of his overall ability. Not everyone is completely sold on his abilities, and a lot of people think the QB's under him have great potential. The job is his to lose, however I am not totally convinced he'll manage to keep it. We'll see.

To be honest, I dont know why people are questioning whether or not Ganz will start at QB. He put up playstation like numbers in only 3 games, sure you can question the defenses he matched up against but if i am not mistaking he threw for 405 yds versus a kansas team that won the orange bowl. And as far as our offense goes.....IF IT AINT BROKE, DONT FIX IT!!!

The main reason is he played so few games, so we've had a very narrow view of his overall ability. Not everyone is completely sold on his abilities, and a lot of people think the QB's under him have great potential. The job is his to lose, however I am not totally convinced he'll manage to keep it. We'll see.

Plus you always have to think with a new coach, even though the OC is the same, everyone is on a level surface for playing time and positions. You want the new coaches to evaluate their way rather then what the previous coaches did. Thats the best thing that could happen because everyone will work their a$$es off to succeed for the new staff.

+1

With the ganzinator running the WCO...

it works.

it works real good.

if it ain't broke....

^ thank you clone! I am not questioning whether or not the qbs under ganz have great potential i am just saying it is really premature to say he may not start. Zac Lee i am sure has mad potential but he has struggled with an injury and he hasnt played D-1 yet. Ganz on the other hand has been healthy played 3 games (one of which was against a BCS foe) and he has been a backup his whole career. I think Ganz wants it more. The guy has a lot of character, heart, and passion. I think the last 3 games of the season were my favorites because its nice to see him play with the passion he does.

The offense worked very well with Ganz at the helm.

I'm not president of the ganzinator fan club, but there is no denying his leadership and performance of the WCO on the field, he stepped up and produced!!

I think starting QB is his spot to lose.

And he won't.

GO BO!!

The offense worked very well with Ganz at the helm.

I'm not president of the ganzinator fan club, but there is no denying his leadership and performance of the WCO on the field, he stepped up and produced!!

I think starting QB is his spot to lose.

And he won't.

GO BO!!

I disagree. It's Ganz's to lose, but Ganz has always been a solid backup, and I think that's what he'll remain. There's way to much talent behind him for it to go unnoticed. These new coaches will evaluate the talent, but I think in terms of physical prowess, Zac Lee wins out, plus he's had a year and a half to learn the playbook.

Yes, Ganz did a "good" job in the last three games, but he also threw 7 interceptions in those 3 games. Keller played 9 more games than Ganz, and he only thre 10. So....there's definitely some question marks on him too. I guess we'll have to wait and see, but if I had to put money on it, my Benjamin's would go towards Ganz not starting.

I disagree. It's Ganz's to lose, but Ganz has always been a solid backup, and I think that's what he'll remain. There's way to much talent behind him for it to go unnoticed. These new coaches will evaluate the talent, but I think in terms of physical prowess, Zac Lee wins out, plus he's had a year and a half to learn the playbook.

Yes, Ganz did a "good" job in the last three games, but he also threw 7 interceptions in those 3 games. Keller played 9 more games than Ganz, and he only thre 10. So....there's definitely some question marks on him too. I guess we'll have to wait and see, but if I had to put money on it, my Benjamin's would go towards Ganz not starting.

Yes, my boy Ganz had a problem with the int. Sam threw less ints but also less tds.

In the 2007 season Sam had 14 tds and 10 ints.

The ganzinator had 16 tds in four games (15 in just three games) and 7 ints.

Touchdown to int ratio was much better for Ganz.

The ganzinator only played those 3 full games.

Oh, and Joe has more time in the system.

I think he'll do better in 2008. ;)

but opinions vary.

GO BO!!

I think Ganz is a mediocre player that can perform in the system adequately, but Zac Lee is for real. He threw for almost 3,500 yards with a 31/5 td-int ratio in a very good Juco league. The kid has a great frame and runs the 40 in 4.6, and since he's been getting healthier, I wouldn't be surprised if he's sharpened it up to a 4.5. He's only been developing.

I think Ganz is a mediocre player that can perform in the system adequately, but Zac Lee is for real. He threw for almost 3,500 yards with a 31/5 td-int ratio in a very good Juco league. The kid has a great frame and runs the 40 in 4.6, and since he's been getting healthier, I wouldn't be surprised if he's sharpened it up to a 4.5. He's only been developing.

I remember reading more than once in articles that Shawn W. and the BC era coaches said that P. Witt was the most talented/impressive of the group