BelieveinHuskers247

hey everyone i just joined the board today and i am very excited and proud to be on board. the interesting thing about me is im only 15 years old but i am a prime recruiter when recruits come to lincoln. When my big red team is playing my dad pays me 20 bucks to go to recruits and point them out and make the crowd chant their name and ask for their autograph and make a complete ass out myself. but i have been hearing recurits say that they hear their name being yelled or saying that some1 goes up to them and ask for thier autographs. I have made it to every important recruting weekend and trying to influence them to come to Nebraska and be famous. thorughout the year i think i did a good job dont you think??

I BLEED SCARLET AND CREAM, A HUSKER FOREVER, BORN A HUSKER DIE A HUSKER-

:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2

HAHAHA well thanks boys im pumped that im on board. i acutally had a 5 minute conversation with Ndamukong Suh during the KU game which was awesome hes a large human hopefully he pulls the nebraska hat of the bag this saturday what you think? but unfortunately seems like its either miss st. or the U. (miami)

HAHAHA well thanks boys im pumped that im on board. i acutally had a 5 minute conversation with Ndamukong Suh during the KU game which was awesome hes a large human hopefully he pulls the nebraska hat of the bag this saturday what you think? but unfortunately seems like its either miss st. or the U. (miami)

looks like you didn't do quite good enough as he isn't coming here.

• 2 weeks later...

Believe,

It's a commendable sign to be that enthused about recruits, but be *very* freakin' careful. What you engaged in is dangerously close to a violation.

In fact, if you or your family had ever contributed to the NU athletics program (even if it's $10.00 a decade ago), or ever been a member of a booster club, you're considered a booster - and any contact by a booster with a prospective recruit is, in fact, a violation and could cause some serious problems for the program.

Here's a nice summary document from SMSU that explains it.

You should probably report your contact to someone at the university to ensure it's on the up and up.

And no, I'm not being overly cautious here - this can be serious and it's not worth taking the chance.

IRISH!

Good question - truthfully, I'm not sure. Though, I would definately err to the side of caution and keep out of recruiting matters under any circumstances.

One other thing to consider is that recruits read these forums - it's always a good policy to *never* bash recruits if they opt to go to another school or bash current players for that matter.

That's something I've not witnessed here, really - and I would never expect it from Husker fans anyway - but it's always worth a reminder.

IRISH!