WR's in 08'

WR's in 08'  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Swift is going to be the leader of the receivers in numbers and for setting the example to the younger guys. Holt showed an ability to get open, but needs some work on his hands. Paul had limited playing time, but probably has the best hands of the receivers. Peterson will be a steady #2 or #3 guy. It's hard to say what, if anything, Will Henry produces this year.

My predictions for the 08 N receivers.

IMO, Nate Swift will easily lead the pack.

Todd Peterson will be our #2, but will underachieve.

Niles Paul will emerge and become a big part of our offense.

Paul and Henry become inneffective.

I voted for Swift, but IMO all the above could step up and create a really good receiving corps. I agree with Danimal though, TE is one position that could be used more for short yardage situations on 3rd down, and we are really needing to utilize that threat more. The days of sending in a big FB to automatically pick up a first down are over...unless you can keep the linebackers back looking for that TE coming across the middle.

Man, how fast Chris Brooks fell. Anyone know what the hell his deal is/was? :dunno

:yeah

I'm really hoping the new staff makes an impact with Brooks, he's too athletically gifted to be making absolutely no impact. I don't know, maybe it's a practice thing, but seriously, you never hear ANYTHING about him. I had high hopes for him.

Swift will rebound after a somewhat down year last year, and I think Holt will be #2, with Paul emerging as a under-the-radar stud at #3.