Start of something special?

I'm really getting excited about this class that Pelini and Co. are bringing in. It seems to be low on ego (apart from maybe Okafor and Compton) and high on football ability. Not to mention, there is some serious athletic ability coming in. Plus, the large number of walk-ons are going to add some serious toughness and work ethic.

I'm not expecting a huge impact from them this season or even next, but 3-4 years from now we can have a top 10 team with these guys as the foundation. They almost remind me of the guys who came in before the 1991 season. Not a lot of hype, but tons of desire. Add a few playmakers in the next class or two, and we've got our mojo back!

He's bringing a lot of SEC area players here. Speed is coming to the Big 12!!

I think speed and athlethic ability seems to be the main focus for this new staff..i don't think they care so much about the stars ranking ..can never have enough speed on the field.. i'd take speed and athlethic ability over a higher ranking player who is alot slower any day..you can teach technigue, but you can't teach speed either you have it or you don't..plain and simple..remember in the early 90's when we were losing to all the Florida schools until Tom Osborne decided to go to a faster and attacking style of defense that's when we started beating them finally..to get speed, he was turning DB into LB and LB into DE.. they were all swarming to the football... the idea is to get as much speed and athlethic ability on the field at the same time as possible..recruiting a fast athlethlic player gives you flexibility as far as where they can play .