How good is this staff?

HANC

I honestly think that this staff is pretty good at recruiting... It is obvious that recruiting the sole reason some of these coaches are here....

We will see in the next couple of weeks if they are AS GOOD as advertised....they came in late last year and were able to sway a "few" guys to come to NU

Early in this recruiting season, we had a lot of guys that committed, but it was very obvious (at least to me), that our staff was addressing recruiting A LOT

SOONER than many other schools....it is easy to get the kid's interest when you are the 1st to come calling.

Now that all of the other schools are focusing 100% of their time on recruiting, we will see if this staff can compete against the big dogs!!! Willl they let Florida take Brooks and Boateng or will they let OU take Reggie Smith, etc....

As we were building an early lead in recruiting, the other schools were focusing on WINNING THIS YEAR... I have felt all along, that maybe BC and company were focusing most of their time on recruiting and not enough time on the game planning for this season !!!!!!

During the next three weeks, we will see if these guys are worth their reputation.

During the next three weeks, we will see if these guys are worth their reputation.

But how are you going to determine if they are? By how the recruiting class finishes in rankings? That's not the best measurement IMO.

To me, the goal of recruiting is getting guys that will thrive with the type of ball you are going to play. Given that, I think we will see if they can really recruit and form their recruits in the next couple years.

Kinda what Blackshirt said.

But how are you going to determine if they are? By how the recruiting class finishes in rankings? That's not the best measurement IMO.

To me, the goal of recruiting is getting guys that will thrive with the type of ball you are going to play. Given that, I think we will see if they can really recruit and form their recruits in the next couple years.

Kinda what Blackshirt said.

Good post.....very valid point

I don't think you can judge this staff on their final "ranking"

My point earlier wasn't thinking of #1 ranking..... I am hoping that BC can out recruit the other schools for guys we HAVE TARGETED for this system...

I agree that the #4 rated QB may "fit" better than the top 3 rated guys, so you can't base results on rankings.

BC needs to be able to get "his" guys, even if Florida, OU, USC want them....This was my point..

You guys are absolutely right, it will take a few years to see the results of this years class... and success.