Anybody Here Actually Admit to Voting for Hillary?

Like you said bin laden was the driving force behind 9/11 not Bush as was stated above and that is what I was responding to. Now we went into Iraq on the premise that sadam had or was close to having WMD,s and with his history of using such weapons on his own people I feel we had no other choice. Do you remember all of the united nations sanctions that sadam broke and snubbed at the world. We stopped fighting the Iraqi army shortly after we arrived and are still fighting the extreamists that he provided a safe haven for.

Is war fun, hell no. Was it necessary HELL YES and for anyone to think there was a better way to deal with these people that are intent on destroying the safety of this region and in turn the world is in MY OPINION wrong, please enlighten us on how that could have been accomplished without coming over here and forcing sadam out of power.

I for one believe that the Iraqi people and the people of the entire region and world are better off without sadam.

Just one point of correction - Saddam didn't provide a safe haven for the "extremists". As found by the 9/11 Commission (a bi-partisan commission) and other groups, Saddam actually wanted nothing to do with al Qaida or bin Laden. He viewed them as a potential threat to his rule. He didn't permit any terrorist training camps and he didn't either embrace or empower bin Laden. The "extremists" actually entered once Saddam's rule had fallen (which occurred almost immediately against our forces).

Simply put, Bush started a war against a country that posed no threat to the US or US interests, using knowingly falsified information, and that resulted in actually strengthening al Quida in that region. In doing so, he diverted forces from Afghanistan, leaving it teetering on the brink of being taken over by al Quida. He did so without allowing the weapons inspectors complete their job and by ignoring their preliminary reports that indicated no WMDs and no chemical weapons stockpiles.

And from all indications from credible sources, he did this simply to "democratize" the Middle East - an idea that was not only bound to failure, but has failed under every attempt by every Western power for centuries.

Was Saddam a tyrant of the highest order? Yes, without doubt. But it doesn't justify placing our soldiers in harms way when it wasn't not only not necessary, but in fact strengthened our enemies.

hey, i respect the work you do. and i totally agree with you that marijuana affects the ability to drive. at least it affects my ability to drive. i would never do that. on the other hand, i would never listen to someone who merely has law enforcement training and smoked pot 3 times for advice on the affects of marijuana. i'm sorry, but you haven't given me a reason to believe you are an authority on the matter. you took 13 weeks of training and really, that's not a lot of training to be basing a medical opinion. furthermore, psychiatrists with 13 years of training have mixed opinions regarding these issues. in my opinion, and experience marijuana is not addictive at all. i occasionally enjoy the use of it, sometimes every weekend for a few weeks, but there are times when i will go years without trying it. that sure doesn't seem like an addictive substance to me. i don't really see it as a gateway drug either. there are a lot of people that have smoked pot and never tried another drug. if you are interested to trying harder drugs, you're going to do it whether you ever smoked pot or not.

as a member of law enforcement, i bet you would agree that a lot of drunks get angry and violent. pot has the opposite affect. yet pot is the evil one, and alcohol is legal. doesn't make much sense to me.

I thought every intelligent, open-minded adult in the modern ages knew that alcohol is more dangerous than marijuana.

One of the main reasons that pot is a "gateway drug" to others is because users figure, "if this relatively harmless drug is illegal, then some of the other illegal drugs must be relatively harmless too."

As an avid past user of marijuana, through my experiences, it has been nothing but enjoyable. No offense BRI, but you're reasoning on why marijuana is bad is severly flawed and reminds me of those ridiculous anti-weed commercials that you see on TV where two kids are acting like dumb@sses and one shoots himself while high. That is not at all what weed make you do and the they overexaggerate those commercials greatly just to scare kids off.

The truth is that there are waaaay more pros than cons on why weed is good for you. Alcohol ruins lives, that's why there's Alcoholics Anonymous and other such things....I've never heard of people going to a Marijuana help program.

I've puked, had stomach aches, gotten in huge verbal fights, had headaches and massive hangovers....alll because of alcohol.

I've enhanced many activities to beyond enjoyment and just had a jolly old good time with lots of friends becuase of the effects of marijuana. The people you encountered on drugs BRI were an exception.

And I'm sorry, but if you can't drive on marijuana, then you can't drive. It's easy.

As an avid past user of marijuana, through my experiences, it has been nothing but enjoyable. No offense BRI, but you're reasoning on why marijuana is bad is severly flawed and reminds me of those ridiculous anti-weed commercials that you see on TV where two kids are acting like dumb@sses and one shoots himself while high. That is not at all what weed make you do and the they overexaggerate those commercials greatly just to scare kids off.

The truth is that there are waaaay more pros than cons on why weed is good for you. Alcohol ruins lives, that's why there's Alcoholics Anonymous and other such things....I've never heard of people going to a Marijuana help program.

I've puked, had stomach aches, gotten in huge verbal fights, had headaches and massive hangovers....alll because of alcohol.

I've enhanced many activities to beyond enjoyment and just had a jolly old good time with lots of friends becuase of the effects of marijuana. The people you encountered on drugs BRI were an exception.

And I'm sorry, but if you can't drive on marijuana, then you can't drive. It's easy.

I'm positive once weed is legal there would be a program for users who abuse it, but right now the gov. won't create or support any such group, because it weed is illegal.

Whatever you want to think then I guess. Sorry, but if you drove through my city and I pulled you over for something you would go to jail plain and simple. Again I don't expect people who use marijuana to agree with me. Some of you are a little naive I think, but just because you haven't had a personal experience that was bad with marijuana doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I'm just going to tell everyone that there is no way that I will agree that marijuana is okay for you so we'll just have to agree to disagree or we'll be here until the end of time!

plus black eyes, stiff muscles, and condensation rings on the coffee table :o

but i agree with BRI this is useless to argue when we already have our minds made up (I wish it were different, but some people don't seem to get it).