A great quote about Texas recruits

Coach Watson made a great quote about recruiting kids out of Texas and the fact that it is a must..........

"If you ignore them… inevitably, you're going to play against them," Watson said about recruiting Texas high school football players. "It's about relationships and trust. Relationships are very important."

Very smart words to recruit by! Oh by the way....we recruited 9 players from Texas and our very own "Pill Dog" as a walk on from Texas as well. :thumbs 10 kids total from the of Texas. Yeah, I can see that a great recruiting base has been established.

it only make sense to recruit Texas...tons of talent down there....Texas and Texas A&M can only give out so many scholership per year just like anybody else...plus we're from the big 12 ...a texas kid playing for Nebraska would end up playing against a team from texas anyway giving families and friends a chance to go see them play

it only make sense to recruit Texas...tons of talent down there....Texas and Texas A&M can only give out so many scholership per year just like anybody else...plus we're from the big 12 ...a texas kid playing for Nebraska would end up playing against a team from texas anyway giving families and friends a chance to go see them play

Very true. Now with June Jones coaching SMU I am sure they will start dipping in the recruiting pool since alot of the stud recruits are swimming right in their back yard!

Everybody recruits Texas. Theres 23 million people down there. Mizzou has a dozen 2008 kids from Texas, and about 1/2 the current team.

That's find and dandy but I wasn't speaking about Missouri. I was speaking about Nebraska and in years past Texas was not our main focus of recruiting areas. Yes we would get the occasional stud but we didn't have a recruiting pipeline down here like the one we are establishing now. For instance...the 1995 team which is considered one of the best college football teams of all time, had a grand total of 5 Texas kids on it.

Everybody recruits Texas. Theres 23 million people down there. Mizzou has a dozen 2008 kids from Texas, and about 1/2 the current team.

If I wanted to know who is on Missery's team I would look it up

I like the way we are forming a pipeline to Texass.

Forgive Missouri fans.....They are not used to having halfway decent team. It's all still brand new to them! :laughpound;)

That's find and dandy but I wasn't speaking about Missouri. I was speaking about Nebraska and in years past Texas was not our main focus of recruiting areas. Yes we would get the occasional stud but we didn't have a recruiting pipeline down here like the one we are establishing now. For instance...the 1995 team which is considered one of the best college football teams of all time, had a grand total of 5 Texas kids on it.

I counted 6, but wow that is shocking! There's a story about David becoming Goliath in there some where.

I counted 6, but wow that is shocking! There's a story about David becoming Goliath in there some where.

Yeah I may have missed 1 or 2 in there.

That's how the teams of 90s had a resurgence. Lots of guys from Texas with speed. Usually pretty fail-safe. Hopefully it is this time as well.

1993 4 Texas players

2 Dixon, Corey SE 5-8 160 Sr. Dallas, Texas (Hillcrest)

6 Reece, John CB 6-0 200 Sr. Houston, Texas (Jersey Village)

63 Graham, Aaron C 6-3 285 So. Denton, Texas (Denton)

93 Wade, Billy DT 6-5 260 Sr. Houston, Texas (Westfield)

1994 5 Texas players

12 McFarlin, Octavious DB 6-0 180 Fr. Bastrop, Texas (Bastrop)

43 Noster, Sean SLB 6-3 215 Fr. San Antonio, Texas (John Marshall)

59 Van Cleave, Mike OG 6-2 270 Fr. Huffman, Texas (Hargrave)

67 Taylor, Aaron OG 6-1 290 Fr. Wichita Falls, Texas (Rider)

74 Saltsman, Scott DT 6-2 255 So. Wichita Falls, Texas (Rider)

1995 5 Texas players

54 Graham, Aaron C 6-4 285 Sr. Denton, Texas (Denton)

Brown, Kris PK 6-0 190 Fr. Southlake, Texas (Carroll)

67 Taylor, Aaron OG 6-1 295 So. Wichita Falls, Texas (Rider)

71 Van Cleave, Mike OG 6-2 265 So. Huffman, Texas (Hargrave)

4 McFarlin, Octavious ROV 5-11 180 So. Bastrop, Texas (Bastrop)