Love to Know

Travis9

I have no doubt that the best players, no matter what their name is, will be on the field. As far as talent goes, you never really know what one of these kids is or isn't capable of until they get the field. We also never really know what the team is capable until they are into the season, then it takes some luck even then.

Don't bash the team or any individual players. You need to support the people that we have to put on the field, not be critical because of what we don't have that you wish we had. It is what it is...and in the end, it is still a game, played by kids, and kids can be flakey sometimes, then sometimes they can surprise the hell out of you. Lets just hope for the latter.

+1

The majority of people on this board fall into two categories: Die-Hard fans, and haters.

-Who cares if everyone is fanatical and follows every "Ganz" or "Swift" even if they are mediocre compared to the more highly touted players? That's what good fans do... Those are our heroes, our Huskers.

-As for the need to let more talented players step up, well here's their chance. They have a clean slate and two fairly open-minded coaches to win the position battles.

-Besides, I'll take 1,000,000 ignorant fans that bleed Red, and live or die with every win over anything else. I could sit on this board all day long and Monday morning QB every stupid thing Husker football has done wrong in my short life, but I'd rather just see what happens on any given Saturday... And if it's a loss, God forbid, I will be on here aftward screaming/complaining with all the other million perfectionist Bugeaters, desperately trying to get my panties untangled from my undercarriage.... The very next day, we'll be here talking about how some "1 star" player from North Platte High is going to lead us to victory over sCUm...

Yeah, I think Pelini was a great hire, but there is a lot of irrational love for him, which I think has more to do with the fact that he is not Callahan than anything else....

in a sense.. i think a lot of the love for Pelini comes from the fact of how great he did in the one year as our Dco.. and a lot of people think he deserved the job then, hence the love now....