Hotel help for visiting Hokie fans

HokieHigh

The Hokie Nation is really looking forward to Lincoln, NE. I have heard nothing but good things about your town and we have alot of respect for your football team. The last time we met is really was not pretty. Could I get some help from ya'll?

Is there a part of town to avoid?

Do you recommend any hotels besides those in the Haymarket District(all booked up)?

Thanks in advance.

HOKIE HIGH!

Hey HokieHigh I hope you enjoy your time in Lincoln because it is a magical experience. I actually live in Des Moines, IA and my dad and I came in for the KSU vs. NU game last season and stayed at the HolidayInn Express just east of downtown Lincoln. It was a nice hotel and still close to downtown. It was fairly cheap as well. It's out of walking distance, but you can probably get a taxi for cheap there after you're done drinking. Have a great time!!!! :corndance

Or any of the hotels on N. 27th Street are good, some are probably within walking distance if you like to walk, or you could get a taxi. And don't worry, we don't go looking to vandalize cars like they do at some schools, people here are pretty friendly with the oppositions fans...course we know we will win.... :clap

Seriously though, hope you enjoy your stay in Lincoln...the fans here really are terrific. :thumbs

There are some in south Lincoln also. Would say Candelwood suites is a good choice, not within walking distance for game day, but in a nice part of town. The Cornhusker Hotel is very nice (Marriott) if you have the money, I think that is where teams stay, but that may of changed...... For the most part Lincoln as a whole is a very safe place. As others have said people dont really mess with visting fans. One big draw back is the Taxi system is slow for a city of our size. Hope you have fun :)

Enjoy your visit to Lincoln!

If you absolutely can't find a room in Lincoln, and have the time, stay in the Old Market area of Omaha. Good hotels, food and things to do. On game day, depending on traffic and when you leave, you'll have about a 75-90 minute commute to the game.

(Chance are you might be flying to Omaha anyway).

:cheers

The Hokie Nation is really looking forward to Lincoln, NE. I have heard nothing but good things about your town and we have alot of respect for your football team. The last time we met is really was not pretty. Could I get some help from ya'll?

Is there a part of town to avoid?

Do you recommend any hotels besides those in the Haymarket District(all booked up)?

Thanks in advance.

HOKIE HIGH!

travelocity.com <_<