This really sucks. That's a huge blow to this team considering we don't have a whole lot of power in the line up to begin with, like you said. And I think some of these young guys are going to miss his Senior leadership as well.

Even though this hurts, I'm still a lot more optimistic about this season than I was a week ago. And who knows, maybe Corriston (who's back from his 6 game suspension) will step up in his place with his bat, and his leadership with being a Senior.

Hopefully Tezak will get his medical red shirt, come back next year 100%, and tear it up!

Good luck to you, Jeff!

this really does suck for this husker team..

but with how much better the pitching looked this past week, we may not be too bad.. plus, tezak being out leaves room for another person at DH which could leave room for Kline to stay in at shortstop (he looked really good this weekend.. compared to a terrible week at stanford) we shall see, can't wait for the season to get more in gear!

I don't think this will hurt the team much, unlike last year we have enough players to step up. We do have Corriston back and if he isn't playing the field he can be a DH. Neer can catch,play first, or DH. I think this team will step up and fill in the necessary gaps. I really hope that Tezak will get the hardship and be able to play another season. Good Luck today boys!

I don't think this will hurt the team much, unlike last year we have enough players to step up. We do have Corriston back and if he isn't playing the field he can be a DH. Neer can catch,play first, or DH. I think this team will step up and fill in the necessary gaps. I really hope that Tezak will get the hardship and be able to play another season. Good Luck today boys!

i gotta disagree.. while i do agree it won't hurt as bad as it would of last year, but it will hurt us a lot..

tezak is a stud. flat out.

and whenever you lose someone of that caliber, you will be hurting. while like i said above it'll make it easier to swallow with kline playing pretty well and then allowing corriston/mort/opitz to be in the line up in some sort of way..