Trouble Brewing

Not to start anything but I read this article by Sipple, and completly agree. I think NU needs to commit more to basketball, so far as an AD I am not liking Osborne. I can bet Sadler will get some offers at better schools next year if NU makes it to the tourney which I think they will, and with Sadler seeing NU not willing to help out more financially he will probably move on, and then the team will have to start over again. There are also two other articles about new facilates

here's the deal with this though..

the new proposed arena is where a new practice facility would be located. well, this arena is going to be up to the citizens, not the university. until this new arena is voted on and passed by the citizens of lincoln, TO cannot be asking for donations for the practice facility. simple as that. now there are things he could do to let people know that something will happen or what not, but he can't go asking for monetary donations for a facility that may not even be able to be built where its wanted...

Not to start anything but I read this article by Sipple, and completly agree. I think NU needs to commit more to basketball, so far as an AD I am not liking Osborne. I can bet Sadler will get some offers at better schools next year if NU makes it to the tourney which I think they will, and with Sadler seeing NU not willing to help out more financially he will probably move on, and then the team will have to start over again. There are also two other articles about new facilates

In my opinion the basketball team needs to produce to before they even think about putting their collective hand out and demanding improvements in any facet of the program. Let's be honest here, although A 19-12 season is a good start for Sadler, let's look at most of the out of conference scheduling. Let's look at their RPI. Hell, look at the fact that its been a decade since this team sniffed the NCAA tournament. In that time, this team has struggled to even be .500. Sadler might in fact be the savior, but Collier was first be touted as such. If they improve to over 20 wins next year before the conf. tourney, then all of a sudden there are a few more bargaining chips.

As for recruiting better talent via facilities, look no further than our present football team to see how badly that can go. It gets even harder in basketball. You can totally sell your school to the devil to get a blue chipper for likely one year before he jets. Given the attitude of the Nebraska fanbase (not saying its bad, I in fact agree with it) I do not see that flying.

As its way way WAY to early to judge TO on his performance, it is equally too early to judge the true direction of the basketball team. When this team has an identity, a brand of basketball that is known, and a few years of above average performances, that's when I would say the time should be right for a raise for Sadler, better facilities, etc. If Sadler would not want to agree with that, then he isn't the answer.

Osborne was brought in to fix the football program. I dont know if he cares as much about the other programs?

and um.. that is uh.... where you would be wrong..

according to osborne himself, he cares about all parts of the athletic dept and all different sports.. he said that in a PC when he was announced as AD...

Of course he said that. That doesn't mean he meant it. He's not going to say "i care about football more than the other sports."

Wow, calm yourself just because I don't like the moves he has made doesn't mean I know exactly what is the best thing to do and I should go tell him what to do. I also think his open door policy is to players and to coaches not any person off the street who wants to say hi and tell him what to do

Osborne was brought in to fix the football program. I dont know if he cares as much about the other programs?

and um.. that is uh.... where you would be wrong..

according to osborne himself, he cares about all parts of the athletic dept and all different sports.. he said that in a PC when he was announced as AD...

Of course he said that. That doesn't mean he meant it. He's not going to say "i care about football more than the other sports."

so everyone is turning on his honesty now?

everyone made such a HUGE deal about how honest TO is.. and was.. during the whole end of the football season/coaching change? now that its dealing with a different topic, he all of the sudden lies? ......

<_<

Not to start anything but I read this article by Sipple, and completly agree. I think NU needs to commit more to basketball, so far as an AD I am not liking Osborne.

:wtf You are a moron. Osborne has an open door policy, and if you know so much, go talk with him. Go tell him how to do his job. Go ahead, he'll be waiting. :steam

Husker-N-okieland's warning level has been increased due to the violation of the Board's rules, above. A second violation results in a temporary ban. A third violation results in a permanent ban.

Folks, we keep saying this - attack the post, not the poster.