The Talent Level is UP! ! ! !

I can't wait to see last years croots taking their place on the field with out incoming JUCOs ....if you think about guys like Octavien and Murtha as well as the rest of the good young players coming in....it's got to make you smile...NOBODY in the north is adding so much so fast....we will be young agin but we will be talented....the depth will be up and the speed on D will be there, especailly at LB...The secondary is better than it played last year and I see some true freshman playing there as well as Special teams...thats makes for some mistakes but the speed and abilty also makes for some big time plays( we needed more of that last year)...

I want to answer whoever it was who said that we got lucky agin Pitt last year...We won with a bad team on the road and we almost blew it with our turnovers but we were clearly more talented than PITT....we should have beatin S. Miss, but if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle...we lost....We got beat by Iowa state because we just played poorly and lacked a little talent an bothsides of the ball(we will not do that this year).....that gets us to 7 wins and I hevent even got to KSU or CU...a spilt there puts us in the title game...but I don't want to spend too much time hashing that out......what I want to say is that we are goin to be much better next year and we will be sooooo much better in 06 that most people will want BC to run for Govenor...........Keep you chin up Huskers and keep in mind....When KSU was pounding us...they out-recruited us......when we out-recruited them we always won...well guess what?...we will be ahead of them this year and they are not even goin to close......GBR

thats one hell of a post Armistead

I think our hardest game next year in the big 12 north will be against KU IMO.

they had some young talent last year but they were solid

they have their returning running back and quarterback and also their defense was solid against us.

also we play in lawrence.

ill be down there next year wearing my red(my sister is on the dance team at KU and she gets us tickets) :thumbs:thumbs

If Jesus were our coach, we would never lose a game! Speculation does no good, that is why they play the game. Debating over talent issues and next year's win/loss ration is about as productive as debating whether the 02 team beats the 04 team. Let's all look at some facts. KSU has not had a better recruiting class than NU, but they still won some games in there. ISU has never had a better recruting class than NU, but they have won some games.

I hope BC pulls this team together and gets some wins, but some of you are expecting the world. We more than likely will not win our first 7 games as some of you feel we will. Give the coach and players a break, we will not be undefeated next year and will not be playing in a BCS game. Hopefully, just hopefully we will be playing for a Big 12 title in 06.

I can't wait to see last years croots taking their place on the field with out incoming JUCOs ....if you think about guys like Octavien and Murtha as well as the rest of the good young players coming in....it's got to make you smile...NOBODY in the north is adding so much so fast....we will be young agin but we will be talented....the depth will be up and the speed on D will be there, especailly at LB...The secondary is better than it played last year and I see some true freshman playing there as well as Special teams...thats makes for some mistakes but the speed and abilty also makes for some big time plays( we needed more of that last year)...

I want to answer whoever it was who said that we got lucky agin Pitt last year...We won with a bad team on the road and we almost blew it with our turnovers but we were clearly more talented than PITT....we should have beatin S. Miss, but if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle...we lost....We got beat by Iowa state because we just played poorly and lacked a little talent an bothsides of the ball(we will not do that this year).....that gets us to 7 wins and I hevent even got to KSU or CU...a spilt there puts us in the title game...but I don't want to spend too much time hashing that out......what I want to say is that we are goin to be much better next year and we will be sooooo much better in 06 that most people will want BC to run for Govenor...........Keep you chin up Huskers and keep in mind....When KSU was pounding us...they out-recruited us......when we out-recruited them we always won...well guess what?...we will be ahead of them this year and they are not even goin to close......GBR

2005 will be very similar to 2004, except that there will be more speed on the field (a little) but the same old mistakes will be made.

If Jesus were our coach, we would never lose a game! Speculation does no good, that is why they play the game.

Debating over talent issues and next year's win/loss ration is about as productive as debating whether the 02 team beats the 04 team. Let's all look at some facts. KSU has not had a better recruiting class than NU, but they still won some games in there. ISU has never had a better recruting class than NU, but they have won some games.

Speculation is also the reason that sports radio is so big, Pre-Game specials get ratings and boards like this exist. It's fun to think of what could happen.

ISU has won one recent game, and they didn't have a coaching overhaul like we did. And KState had more 4-5* guys the past 3 years than we did. I'm sure we'll start kicking their cans again like we did in the 90's since they can't seem to recruit crap now.

I don't think anybody's expecting for the world, but why not hope that we beat everyone? I'm sure nobody realistically thinks we'll go undefeated next year, but I'm looking forward to going to a bowl game and competing for the North next year, and competing for a title again in 2 or 3 years. Something wrong with that?

i got a question?

if barry turner commits before reggie

that would make us @ 30 commits and that is the limit right??

give me the 411 about that

25 is the limit per year. No more than 85 on the roster that are on scholarship.

Right now, we have 30 commits I believe, with the addtition of Tomerlin.

4 are JUCO which count against last year

Soulder is taking a greyshirt so that opens one more.

That's 25.

However, Rands will most likely be moved to a track scholarship for this next year. Eventually, he will have to go towards the football count. Also, Hickman should move to a greyshirt. That brings the count to 23. One for Reggie and whoever else.

i got a question?

if barry turner commits before reggie

that would make us @ 30 commits and that is the limit right??

give me the 411 about that

25 is the limit per year. No more than 85 on the roster that are on scholarship.

Right now, we have 30 commits I believe, with the addtition of Tomerlin.

4 are JUCO which count against last year

Soulder is taking a greyshirt so that opens one more.

That's 25.

However, Rands will most likely be moved to a track scholarship for this next year. Eventually, he will have to go towards the football count. Also, Hickman should move to a greyshirt. That brings the count to 23. One for Reggie and whoever else.

Actually there are 5 JUCOs counting towards last year.

I could be wrong, but I thought that if the kid plays football at all, his scholarship is supposed to count towards the football limits (see Pippins, W. Thomas, Davison, Erstad).