It's called bad news season for a reason...

wow that is horrible.

Not to sound mean or uncaring but I wonder if the kid was on some type of steriod or drug, or he just had a bad heart no one knew about. That just makes me stop to think that something like that could happen after such a small workout, :hmmph

i thought the same thing, has been more athletes in the last few years(first i remember was kory stringer from the vikings) or has it just gotten more publicity, i mean if anyone was gonna die wouldn't it have been one of the junction boys?

wow that is horrible.

Not to sound mean or uncaring but I wonder if the kid was on some type of steriod or drug, or he just had a bad heart no one knew about. That just makes me stop to think that something like that could happen after such a small workout, :hmmph

i thought the same thing, has been more athletes in the last few years(first i remember was kory stringer from the vikings) or has it just gotten more publicity, i mean if anyone was gonna die wouldn't it have been one of the junction boys?

My heart goes out to his family.

I was wondering what would actually cause it, just seems too strange.

:(

Perhaps we're pushing these kids too hard? Perhaps the pressure on the HC to deliver a product (Ws) is too much (see Missouri's O'Neal)? I'm not placing blame on any person, Head Coach, or anyone else.

That's all I can come up with, or they're using "supplements" that are endangering our player's lives? All these events aren't just happen-stance. There's a reason for these things. Or, perhaps the vast media coverage sensationalizes these occurrences...

It's one or the other...

I was wondering what would actually cause it, just seems too strange.

:(

Perhaps we're pushing these kids too hard? Perhaps the pressure on the HC to deliver a product (Ws) is too much (see Missouri's O'Neal)? I'm not placing blame on any person, Head Coach, or anyone else.

That's all I can come up with, or they're using "supplements" that are endangering our player's lives? All these events aren't just happen-stance. There's a reason for these things. Or, perhaps the vast media coverage sensationalizes these occurrences...

It's one or the other...

You see this kind of thing every year even in HS ball. Usually there is a medical reason, i.e. bad heart. I think if the good Lord says it is your time, it is your time. Yeah, the stories are sad, but they are just another fact of life.