Where 05 Recruiting class would sit now.

Bret Meyer...if he had played for a quality team, his stats would have been all world. As it is, they still make Daniels look sick....

yards:

Daniel 4306

Meyer 2151

% comp.

Daniel 68

Meyer 61

TD's

Daniel 33

Meyer 9

Ints.

Daniel 11

Meyer 13

Rating:

Daniel 148

Meyer 109

Whatever you're smoking, could you pass some along to me? The Heisman committee would have called Bret, but they lost his number.

Smoke some of this Tiger guy...

2007 Division 1 Active Quarterbacks (though October of 2007)

Passing Attempts:

1. Colt Brennan, Hawaii 1,281

2. Bret Meyer, Iowa State 1,237

3. Chad Henne, Michigan 1,222

Completions:

1. Colt Brennan, Hawaii 908

2. Chad Henne, Michigan 732

3. Bret Meyer, Iowa State 714

Passing Yards:

1. Colt Brennan, Hawaii 11,700

2. Brian Brohm, Louisville 9,166

3. Alex Brink, Washington State 8,923

4. Bret Meyer, Iowa State 8,627

5. Chad Henne, Michigan 8,570

Total Offense – Plays:

1. Bret Meyer, Iowa State 1,711

2. Colt Brennan, Hawaii 1,497

3. Ales Brink, Washington State 1,407

4. Chad Henne, Michigan 1,386

Total Offense – Yards:

1. Colt Brennan, Hawaii 12,259

2. Bret Meyer, Iowa State 9,466

3. Brian Brohm, Louisville 9,254

4. Alex Brink, Washington State 9,056

Consecutive Starts

1. Bret Meyer, Iowa State University 42

2. Alex Brink, Washington State 34

3. Paul Smith, Tulsa 31

4. Andre Woodson, Kentucky 30

6. Brandon Cox, Auburn 27

7. Curtis Painter, Purdue 25

8. Rudy Carpenter, Arizona State 24

9. Caleb Hanie, Colorado State 22

10. Adam Tafaralis, San Jose State 21

Funny...I don't see Chase Daniels in there anywhere? Where could he be...?

It's always cute to have one good season....much better though to have a great career.

Bret Meyer...if he had played for a quality team, his stats would have been all world. As it is, they still make Daniels look sick....

yards:

Daniel 4306

Meyer 2151

% comp.

Daniel 68

Meyer 61

TD's

Daniel 33

Meyer 9

Ints.

Daniel 11

Meyer 13

Rating:

Daniel 148

Meyer 109

Whatever you're smoking, could you pass some along to me? The Heisman committee would have called Bret, but they lost his number.

Passing Attempts:

Completions:

Passing Yards:

Total Offense – Plays:

Total Offense – Yards:

Consecutive Starts

3. Paul Smith, Tulsa 31

It's always cute to have one good season....much better though to have a great career.

Wow . . . I had no idea.

yards:

Daniel 4306

Meyer 2151

% comp.

Daniel 68

Meyer 61

TD's

Daniel 33

Meyer 9

Ints.

Daniel 11

Meyer 13

Rating:

Daniel 148

Meyer 109

Passing Attempts:

Completions:

Passing Yards:

Total Offense – Plays:

Total Offense – Yards:

Consecutive Starts

3. Paul Smith, Tulsa 31

Wow . . . I had no idea.

i agree with cy on this one....meyer was a good qb on a horrible team. give him an o line and i guarantee that he would have had a much much better college career. remember in 05, i believe, when he had an ok (not good) oline? he had pretty good numbers that year. i think given talent he is better than daniels, just my opinion tho.

You think the TEAM was horrible...it's nothing compared to the Sports & Information department. I mean, here we had only the 3rd QB in existence...since the beginning of the Big 8 Conference, to surpass 10,000 total yards in offense. Who knows that? Nobody outside of a 50 mile radius of Ames. With Todd Blythe we had a receiver who stood in the ranks just as impressively as Meyer did...who knew about him outside of the conference...nobody. Even back in the day of Troy Davis the department was crap. Look...a running back who gained over 2000 yards in two consecutive seasons with arguably the worst offensive line ever to line up in D-1 football...just think how many yards the guy could have gone for behind the NU front five. Rozier was good...but imagine Davis behind the same line...yet, nobody much remembers the guy, let alone heard about him back when he was playing....Archer, Rosenfelds, Danielson...all the same. Great players that nobody ever heard of playing for mediocre (at best) teams and getting no publicity at all.

Actually...I'm pretty sure that's the major thing Daniels has going for him...ESPN seems to want to kiss his butt and annoint him "a great QB". If he played at ISU you would be saying "Chase who?" no matter what kind of season he had...ESPN and the NCAA hate ISU for reasons unbeknownst to me. But...I hate ESPN and the NCAA so I guess we're even.

You think the TEAM was horrible...it's nothing compared to the Sports & Information department. I mean, here we had only the 3rd QB in existence...since the beginning of the Big 8 Conference, to surpass 10,000 total yards in offense. Who knows that? Nobody outside of a 50 mile radius of Ames. With Todd Blythe we had a receiver who stood in the ranks just as impressively as Meyer did...who knew about him outside of the conference...nobody. Even back in the day of Troy Davis the department was crap. Look...a running back who gained over 2000 yards in two consecutive seasons with arguably the worst offensive line ever to line up in D-1 football...just think how many yards the guy could have gone for behind the NU front five. Rozier was good...but imagine Davis behind the same line...yet, nobody much remembers the guy, let alone heard about him back when he was playing....Archer, Rosenfelds, Danielson...all the same. Great players that nobody ever heard of playing for mediocre (at best) teams and getting no publicity at all.

Actually...I'm pretty sure that's the major thing Daniels has going for him...ESPN seems to want to kiss his butt and annoint him "a great QB". If he played at ISU you would be saying "Chase who?" no matter what kind of season he had...ESPN and the NCAA hate ISU for reasons unbeknownst to me. But...I hate ESPN and the NCAA so I guess we're even.

i dont think they hate isu, its just that isu never seems to win anything so they dont get much (if any) coverage. win and you will be on tv almost every week, it doesnt matter if you are isu or usc just win.

I am not a real big fan of Chase Daniel...IMO he is a primma dona. Missouri has had better. He is totally over=rated...no way is he #4!! He got this ranking courtesy of Missouri's team performance not his...I am haunted by him sitting on the bench pouting when they lost to Oklahoma (X2), that is not leadership. <_<

4. Chase Daniel, Missouri, QB

Dogged by skepticism concerning his lack of height, Daniel has turned Mizzou into a legit top 10 program.

Oct 6, 2007 vs. Nebraska.

33 comp 47 att 401 yds 70.2% comp 2 TDs 0 INTS 155.92 passer rating 11 rushes 72 yards 6.5 average rush 2 TDs

Career statistics

697 comp 1052 att 66.3% comp rate 8,004 yards passing (already how much brad smith had in his Mizzou career) 62 TDs 22 INTs with a passer rating of 145.75.

If these stats had been attached to a kid named Joey Ganz this board would be proclaiming him as the second coming. Give Chase his due.

EDIT: Name ONE Big 12 QB you would rather have than Chase

You might as well brag about beating a kid from the short bus in an IQ test, too. ;)

I took notice that somewhere in there you compare troy davis to mike rozier.....seriously?? Is this guy for real?