Where 05 Recruiting class would sit now.

Link

85. Marlon Lucky, Nebraska, RB

The much-hyped back from California who turned down USC to play for Bill Callahan had a nice year in 2007 running for 1,019 yards and nine TDs.

87. Steve Octavien, Nebraska, LB

The highly touted NU recruit has lived up to his hype when healthy. He made 12.5 TFLs in '07.

<_< I'd hate to admit it but this almost seems right LOL. Bring on 08! :koolaid2::w00t

I still like Colt McCoy....I think if he had an offensive line he would shoot the lights out. He would fit the profile of a Nebraska QB if he only had some protection....he is one tough kid with all the beating he has taken courtesy of the Texas O-line. :clap

32. Colt McCoy, Texas, QB

Not ranked all-World by many of the analysts who seemed skeptical over his frame and arm strength, McCoy figures to leave UT with virtually every imaginable Longhorn passing record.

I am not a real big fan of Chase Daniel...IMO he is a primma dona. Missouri has had better. He is totally over=rated...no way is he #4!! He got this ranking courtesy of Missouri's team performance not his...I am haunted by him sitting on the bench pouting when they lost to Oklahoma (X2), that is not leadership. <_<

4. Chase Daniel, Missouri, QB

Dogged by skepticism concerning his lack of height, Daniel has turned Mizzou into a legit top 10 program.

I am not a real big fan of Chase Daniel...IMO he is a primma dona. Missouri has had better. He is totally over=rated...no way is he #4!! He got this ranking courtesy of Missouri's team performance not his...I am haunted by him sitting on the bench pouting when they lost to Oklahoma (X2), that is not leadership. <_<

Dogged by skepticism concerning his lack of height, Daniel has turned Mizzou into a legit top 10 program.

Oct 6, 2007 vs. Nebraska.

33 comp 47 att 401 yds 70.2% comp 2 TDs 0 INTS 155.92 passer rating 11 rushes 72 yards 6.5 average rush 2 TDs

Career statistics

697 comp 1052 att 66.3% comp rate 8,004 yards passing (already how much brad smith had in his Mizzou career) 62 TDs 22 INTs with a passer rating of 145.75.

If these stats had been attached to a kid named Joey Ganz this board would be proclaiming him as the second coming. Give Chase his due.

EDIT: Name ONE Big 12 QB you would rather have than Chase

33 comp 47 att 401 yds 70.2% comp 2 TDs 0 INTS 155.92 passer rating 11 rushes 72 yards 6.5 average rush 2 TDs

Career statistics

697 comp 1052 att 66.3% comp rate 8,004 yards passing (already how much brad smith had in his Mizzou career) 62 TDs 22 INTs with a passer rating of 145.75.

If these stats had been attached to a kid named Joey Ganz this board would be proclaiming him as the second coming. Give Chase his due.

Ganz is our QB....but if we could back in time, I would have been trying like heck to get Colt McCoy...but I also know that he was pretty much predestined to go to Texas...so we wouldn't have had much of a shot anyway, especially since we were viewed as a run/option team back then anyway.

I have faith in Joey Ganz...expect good things from him this year. :wasted

We were viewed as a run/option team during Colt's recruitment?...

for most of it, yeah, the recruiting process began with him long before BC....I don't think anyone really thought Nebraska would really turn into a passing team...after all, our whole tradition was built on the run and option. Our QB's were great athletes, usually not looked at as passers. And like I said, I think his Dad had already groomed him to go to Texas so it didn't take much for them to get him.

We were viewed as a run/option team during Colt's recruitment?...

for most of it, yeah, the recruiting process began with him long before BC....I don't think anyone really thought Nebraska would really turn into a passing team...after all, our whole tradition was built on the run and option. Our QB's were great athletes, usually not looked at as passers. And like I said, I think his Dad had already groomed him to go to Texas so it didn't take much for them to get him.

Texas was viewed as a run option team at the time, also. Vince Young would not be considered a pocket passer. Greg Davis gets lots of heat for his unimaginative offenses. Think about the style of play Texas has had the past few years, before Colt, QB in shotgun formation, zone read. That was about it when Vince was QB. I think Colt McCoy is overrated, and Davis can't think of any other way to use him effectively. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a good kid and decent player, I don't see UT as an elite team with him. Look for Mack to regress back to his two QB thing with the emergence of soph John Chiles. Apparently, Chiles is lighting up Spring ball. Colt is percieved as....well.....lets just say no one is confusing him with Chuck Norris. He was a big surprise his freshman year. After UT lost out on Ryan Perriloux, it was almost a given that UT would struggle offensively for a year or two until they landed another VY-like athlete at QB. McCoy played High school ball at West BFE, and had zero expectations of him when he came to college. He definitely exceeded all expectations.

This is one reason why I'm looking for Kody Spano to turn some heads. Texas highschool football is tough. He was successful, and seems to be very motivated to continue his success. We'll see. :restore

Career statistics

Bret Meyer...if he had played for a quality team, his stats would have been all world. As it is, they still make Daniels look sick....

Chase is a decent player, but i would take Ganz (biased), Reesing, Bradford, Mccoy, even Zach Robinson over Chase. Well maybe not Robinson

My 10 month old daughter could've put those numbers on nebraska last year, also it don't hurt when you have two awesome tight ends to throw to, not to mention Maclin (sp?)

Bret Meyer...if he had played for a quality team, his stats would have been all world. As it is, they still make Daniels look sick....

yards:

Daniel 4306

Meyer 2151

% comp.

Daniel 68

Meyer 61

TD's

Daniel 33

Meyer 9

Ints.

Daniel 11

Meyer 13

Rating:

Daniel 148

Meyer 109

Whatever you're smoking, could you pass some along to me? The Heisman committee would have called Bret, but they lost his number.

yards:

Daniel 4306

Meyer 2151

% comp.

Daniel 68

Meyer 61

TD's

Daniel 33

Meyer 9

Ints.

Daniel 11

Meyer 13

Rating:

Daniel 148

Meyer 109

Whatever you're smoking, could you pass some along to me? The Heisman committee would have called Bret, but they lost his number.

:yeah Touche!!