Huskers eager to start spring practices

Heh heh heh good, the way it should be!

but of course, try to make it so everyone goes home with only bruises and such, nothing more. wouldn't want the injury list to look like Schindler's by the beginning of the season :s

That is the only way your team gets tough unfortunately. Injuries are going to happen and if your team is relying on only one guy or something your going to have a long season regardless. Full speed, physical practices is the only way to make a difference IMO.

I want to be hearing about a couple of linemen going at it...fists flying. Then I want to hear about a running back taking on a defensive lineman....and a QB going after some over-zealous freshman. Then I will know we are serious about making some contact.

I want to be hearing about a couple of linemen going at it...fists flying. Then I want to hear about a running back taking on a defensive lineman....and a QB going after some over-zealous freshman. Then I will know we are serious about making some contact.

Hell yea, that is the spirit! I believe the Greatest College Football Team of ALL Time had that very thing going on. :box

If you go at each other without contact, how can these kids take the hits on game day? I guarantee you the other team doesn't care about injurring our players. I think practice should be like two ferocious animals trying to best each other. Game day will seem like practice. (What a concept) Maybe they won't quit after a few shots. :dunno

GBR

Hell yea, that is the spirit! I believe the Greatest College Football Team of ALL Time had that very thing going on. :box

If you go at each other without contact, how can these kids take the hits on game day? I guarantee you the other team doesn't care about injurring our players. I think practice should be like two ferocious animals trying to best each other. Game day will seem like practice. (What a concept) Maybe they won't quit after a few shots. :dunno

GBR

Yee I do recall a few off the NC teams saying something like that :box

It feels pretty damn good knowing NU is step by step closer in returning to NC caliber :cheers

“We’re not going to be out there playing tag,” Pelini said. “I’ll promise you that.”

Said Slauson: “It’s going to be straight up hitting, and it’s going to be fun. The big guys in the trenches usually like that.”

Hell Yes!!!! Now enough of the talk, I have had a stomach full of talk over the last 5 years lets finally see some action :restore