was BO PENILI the right choice

i was not pleased with getting bo as the nu head coach, i wanted someone that had a proven track record and a winner....so bo was not my immediate choice. i was hoping for someone like denis errickson, arizona states head coach, or someone equal to him. bo is an up-proven label as a head coach,,, i am not confinced that he will turn around the huskers.. dennis had great success at miami, and if he would have stayed at miami, i personally think he would have a few more national championships. the guy seems to be a fairly good recruiter...and has the wildcats heading in the right direction after just one year....

as for the the talent level of this team, i don,t think its at the level to compete nationally... look at this years recruiting class,,, i believe its just a bit above average, but you have to be fair with bo, he did not have much time,,,so next years class will be more of a measuring stick. with some of the bad beatings we had last year, you sort of wonder if its the talent, bad coaching, or lack of ambition

tom osborn is not the answer to success,,,look at his decision to go with frank solich. the frank solich era began the decline of husker greatness, and frank did not have the ability to bring the star recruits to nebraska...there was something missing that would have drawn the good recruits to nu....that was probably not a good choice made by tom osborn. so his wisdom at picking great coaches has not confinced me yet that he has the answers..

so you see that i have a lot of question marks about husker football... i am a true husker supporter, but i don,t like what i see yet. bo may prove me wrong, i will just have to wait and see...just my 2 cents worth... but my opinion....hopefully , my observations are incorrect,,,,

You sound like every LSU fan moments after hearing that Nick Saban was named the head coach and a couple years later when Les Miles was named Head Coach. :D

Bo is a good hire. It will take a couple years and a Big XII CG appearance/win before the grumbling stops, but he has the pedigree that a bigtime program looks for. I prefer coaches who have not proven their head coaching abilities, but have proven that they belong in the ranks of coaches by doing well in both college abd pro leagues. These guys tend to be hungry whereas a guy like Steve Spurrier, Dennis Erickson or Butch Davis tend to be more complacent. What do they have to prove?

Bo is a great hire for Nebraska...

Bo is worth a try. He has shown to have great potential. I would rather hire someone with passion and loyalty for Husker football rather than someone who might bring the program back in four years and then leave. I could be wrong of course, but with success, I see Bo sticking around like Stoops has at OU.

Jeez. Here we go again.

Come on, Ronsss.

I take it you weren't here the past 4 months? :wtf

anyone remember Floyd R. Turbo? cause that who's voice i hear when i read one of these ramble on posts.

hmm,,,maybe i should not have posted this thread, just a thought...hack, have you seen the movie cyclops, you look just like him.

hmm,,,maybe i should not have posted this thread, just a thought...hack, have you seen the movie cyclops, you look just like him.

you got me: i'm a one-eyed scarlet 6ft5in japanese monster that gets beat-up by power rangers every other week. just like dave h is dave chappel and djr is actually peter griffin.

well played, sir!

Recycling a coach has it's risks as well. Remember Bo Schemblecker? How about Lou Holtz. Great at ND a year or two but pretty bad after that at NC state or something like that. Just because a coach has success in Miami doesn't mean he'll have success somewhere else.

Personally I think Bo is very low risk. Not just because of his philosphy but the guys he's surrounded himself with. Watson is really the only question mark for me. I get tired of hearing about how he knows offense but we really haven't seen much other than a few mediocre glimpses that really look much better than they were because the rest of the time the offense was soooooo bad.

Bo is the right guy for Nebraska. There is an energy back that has been gone for quite a while.........like pretty much since Bo was let go. The energy is in the players, the other coaches and in the fans.

Bo Pelini IS the correct hire for Nebraska. While I watched the drama unfold during Coach Osborne's trips about the nation, I truly believed, and still believe, the job was coming down to either Turner Gill or Bo Pelini. Sure, that much is obvious to anyone who watched with interest as well. But, when it was all said and done, and my wife agrees and she's the Nebraska resident, not me, even she believed Bo's hire would eventually pan out better than bringing in Turner Gill. Turner Gill offered tradition, a reconnect with the past, which is VERY important, and knowledge of how to run an offense. But let's face it: The Huskers needed defense, not offense, thereby making Bo the best man for the job at the time. Even Tom Osborne said the same thing, and I agree with him because the last time I checked, Dr. Tom has more national championship rings on his fingers than I have on mine. There were those of us who wished for a "dream team" made of Bo and Turner, but then who gets the head title? And why would TG leave Buffalo to come back to Lincoln as an assistant? Nebraska got what it wanted out of Turner Gill in more ways than one as a player and as a coach. When the smoke cleared, and Bo was introduced as the HC, even though I live in kentucky, I was sure I heard a collective sigh in relief from the west, coming from Nebraska. Sure, there are those who didn't want Bo because he's never had a head job before, but that reasoning doesn't fit anymore. Bo Pelini ran the defense at how many major schools before he took over at Nebraska? Three? Four? Five? And one of those schools WAS Nebraska where, as I vividly recall while attending the Alamo Bowl, hearing people yelling out " We Want Bo! We Want Bo!" Additionally, how many major schools have hired first-time head coaches and they've gone on to do well? Many schools have, and that is neither necessarily a bad nor a good thing. Bo will do fine: he will clean up the mess left to him by the previous idiot, he will reestablish the tradition that is as much a part of Nebraska football as is blocking, tackling, and scoring, and he will leave in his and the Husker's wake bruised opponents who can only look down the field at the BACK of Nebraska jerseys and wonder just what the heck happened to them and why they are so sore for a week after playing the Huskers. Mark these words, my friends: Bo will deliver.

Heck I thought a Bo Pelini was the result of an unholy allience between an Itallian woman and hillbilly named Bocefus creating a youth with the anger and fire of the Itallian mafia and the meaness and values of a good'ol boy. The rusult being a child that once grown will not only give stand by his friends and family to the end but also destroy any critter that he faces. Critters such as buffalo's, cats, long horns and yes even those two legged critters known as sooners. Strong family values but an energy and fire that can not be quenched when angered.

That or a new dish on the Valentinos buffet