2 New Bowls announced

NCAA committee approves 34 football bowl games

10 hours, 36 minutes ago

Buzz Up PrintINDIANAPOLIS (AP)—The NCAA has approved applications for 34 football bowl games for 2008, including 32 existing bowls and two new games in Washington, D.C., and St. Petersburg, Fla.

The NCAA Postseason Football Licensing Subcommittee on Wednesday also turned down a request for a proposed Rocky Mountain Bowl in Salt Lake City.

The new bowl games for next season will be the Congressional Bowl in the nation’s capital and the St. Petersburg Bowl.

Licenses were renewed for the Allstate Sugar, AT&T Cotton, AutoZone Liberty, BCS National Championship, Bell Helicopter Armed Forces, Brut Sun, Capital One, Champs Sports, Chick-fil-A, Emerald, Fed Ex Orange, Gaylord Hotels Music City, GMAC, Roady’s Humanitarian, Insight, International, Konica Minolta Gator, Meineke Car Care, Motor City, New Mexico, Outback, Pacific Life Holiday, Papajohns.com, PetroSun Independence, Pioneer Las Vegas, R+L Carriers New Orleans, Rose, San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia, Sheraton Hawaii, Texas, Tostitos Fiesta and Valero Alamo bowls.

The subcommittee, meeting in Weston, Fla., also reported about 1.6 million fans attended last season’s bowl games, and about $222 million in revenue from those games was distributed to the participating teams and conferences.

congressional bowl? that sounds crooked to me...... :dunno

Okay an but some how these dumbuts can"t let a National Champion game? And these are suposed smart people? Sorry, but I can see how I think these dumbuts are stupid.

Fans don"t care to them.

:moreinteresting

TuffTiger

best post EVER!...................unless you look as any of his old posts. i love dumbuts, my new favorite "wordish" :koolaid2:

tufftiger for president, once he admits he is a husker fan.

I like you"re best GBR football team, but I can only be true fan of TAR Tiger"s. I liked to see GBR play best games again OU Sooner back in the old BIG8. Which were top drawer teams in the country and played top gasmes. I think you"ll ride the pikle again soon with the new Coach Bo that is getting it back to old days.

Of that i can bring out the: :nanalama for you"re enjoy.

Plus also I will not say what I can think of KU on you"re web. Or KSU or other team I don"t like.

:moreinteresting

TuffTiger

Holy crap, I actually understood that! I need a hobby.... :blink:

This is what we deal with. It's funny, but more in a "laugh at" than "laugh with" way. Tough Tiger is a funny poster though, and inbreeding is a lot to overcome...

p.s. despite the un-readable nature of the Tuff tiger post, I think he is probably right, if I read him correctly, which is a strong "maybe"...