If Pelini were to somehow win a NC this year....

1) What if Bo Coming to Nebraska causes Peace in the Middle East? Thoughts?

2) If Tom Osborne played Basketball against the Men's basketball team, and spotted them 40 points, how many points would he beat them by when the game ended. Now add how many more he would win by if he got a teammate, and it was Bo.

3) Will, or will not, the Church recognize Doctor Tom as a 4th "God-head" in the Christian faith, fundamentally changing the Holy Trinity into the God Quad? Maybe if not, would he at least be given a high position of reverence, like maybe the Holy Mother or Moses?

4) Can Husker fan passion Cure Aids? Would that passion work better if those afflicted were dressed up as Husker players and allowed to do the tunnel walk? What if they wore BLACK SHIRTS, then did the tunnel walk? Maybe It would also cure Malaria? Discuss....

5) If Herbie the Husker fought all of the other Mascots in the Big 12, at the same time, would he then have enough strength left after pummeling them to take on the SEC mascots (again, all at once) , as everyone knows they are much faster... How much time would it take to destroy them all, 1 hour or less?

I like your style, Jayhawk. Your questions deserve answers, here are my thoughts.

1. Since Bo has already arrived at Nebraska, I think it's fair to say that if peace in the middle east is achieved at any time from now until eternity, the only fair-minded, clear-thinking, logical conclusion is that it is a direct result of Coach Pelini coming back to Nebraska. Bo's return has already precipitated some unforeseen, unprecedented events, such as Bill Self doing what Roy Williams couldn't. You're welcome, by the way.

2. This is a difficult thing to foresee. I'm having a hard time determining whether this question is a shot at the ineptitude of our men's b-ball team, or a dig at the overly-high esteem with which we all hold Dr. Osborne. Or perhaps a clever double entendre (that's like a two-for-one, for all of you reading this in Manhattan). As many of you old-school Husker fans know, though, the addition of a teammate, even if it was Mr. Pelini, would have little effect on this fantasy basketball game, as Dr. Osborne has a 25-year history of not passing the ball.

3. Point well taken, sir. Certainly it is annoying when we midwestern states with little else going for us lionize our college sports leaders and continually overstate their importance and effect on our pathetic little lives. Right, Phog Allen? Dr. Naismith, anyone?

4. I'm no virologist, but I believe an excess of passion of any kind has contributed to the SPREAD of AIDS, not to deter it. You make an interesting point about dressing as a Husker player as part of the cure. I can't see that working, but keeping your clothes on (whatever type of clothing it might be) certainly should help slow the spread. In terms of malaria, black shirts might help, especially if they are long-sleeved.

5. Another stumper. The thing about Herbie the Husker is that he's kind of like the Ultimate Warrior. Our current Herbie isn't the original Herbie. There have been several versions. Our current one is unlikely to defeat any one of the mascots in the Big XII, even a fictional blue chicken. In a gayness contest, Current Herbie may give the flamboyant Red Raider from Texas Tech a run for his money. In terms of fighting mascots, I would also have to rank Li'l Red as the worst, as I once personally witnessed him getting his ASS handed to him by Chip in Boulder.

Go Big Red

***SNIP***

3) Will, or will not, the Church recognize Doctor Tom as a 4th "God-head" in the Christian faith, fundamentally changing the Holy Trinity into the God Quad? Maybe if not, would he at least be given a high position of reverence, like maybe the Holy Mother or Moses?

***SNIP***

Already happened. It was one of the Pope's announcements during his recent visit to the States. Inevitable, after all...

1) What if Bo Coming to Nebraska causes Peace in the Middle East? Thoughts?

2) If Tom Osborne played Basketball against the Men's basketball team, and spotted them 40 points, how many points would he beat them by when the game ended. Now add how many more he would win by if he got a teammate, and it was Bo.

4) Can Husker fan passion Cure Aids? Would that passion work better if those afflicted were dressed up as Husker players and allowed to do the tunnel walk? What if they wore BLACK SHIRTS, then did the tunnel walk? Maybe It would also cure Malaria? Discuss....

5) If Herbie the Husker fought all of the other Mascots in the Big 12, at the same time, would he then have enough strength left after pummeling them to take on the SEC mascots (again, all at once) , as everyone knows they are much faster... How much time would it take to destroy them all, 1 hour or less?

I like your style, Jayhawk. Your questions deserve answers, here are my thoughts.

1. Since Bo has already arrived at Nebraska, I think it's fair to say that if peace in the middle east is achieved at any time from now until eternity, the only fair-minded, clear-thinking, logical conclusion is that it is a direct result of Coach Pelini coming back to Nebraska. Bo's return has already precipitated some unforeseen, unprecedented events, such as Bill Self doing what Roy Williams couldn't. You're welcome, by the way.

2. This is a difficult thing to foresee. I'm having a hard time determining whether this question is a shot at the ineptitude of our men's b-ball team, or a dig at the overly-high esteem with which we all hold Dr. Osborne. Or perhaps a clever double entendre (that's like a two-for-one, for all of you reading this in Manhattan). As many of you old-school Husker fans know, though, the addition of a teammate, even if it was Mr. Pelini, would have little effect on this fantasy basketball game, as Dr. Osborne has a 25-year history of not passing the ball.

3. Point well taken, sir. Certainly it is annoying when we midwestern states with little else going for us lionize our college sports leaders and continually overstate their importance and effect on our pathetic little lives. Right, Phog Allen? Dr. Naismith, anyone?

4. I'm no virologist, but I believe an excess of passion of any kind has contributed to the SPREAD of AIDS, not to deter it. You make an interesting point about dressing as a Husker player as part of the cure. I can't see that working, but keeping your clothes on (whatever type of clothing it might be) certainly should help slow the spread. In terms of malaria, black shirts might help, especially if they are long-sleeved.

5. Another stumper. The thing about Herbie the Husker is that he's kind of like the Ultimate Warrior. Our current Herbie isn't the original Herbie. There have been several versions. Our current one is unlikely to defeat any one of the mascots in the Big XII, even a fictional blue chicken. In a gayness contest, Current Herbie may give the flamboyant Red Raider from Texas Tech a run for his money. In terms of fighting mascots, I would also have to rank Li'l Red as the worst, as I once personally witnessed him getting his ASS handed to him by Chip in Boulder.

Go Big Red

:clap Bravo.... That is good quality comic fun right there....

now now, it took TO 30 years and 3 National Titles to get a statue, it will take a little more than one year and one title to erect one for Bo.

Though I bet we could find something to name after him... they haven't named the field at Hawks after anyone yet have they?

Hawks is the name of the booster who paid for the whole thing.

Well, his late wife, Merna, technically.

• 2 weeks later...

I just came back from the future...its happening. prepare yourself.

backintime.jpg

:clap:clap:clap

This might be one of the best things I've ever read!!!

Followup ad on craigslist?

Date: 2002-06-13, 9:27AM PDT

Wanted! Somebody to go back in time with me!

THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will get paid after we get back. Must bring your own weapons! Extensive computer skills are required.

Saefty is not guaranteed. I have only done this TWICE before.

Last guy who answered did not return home with me.

ONLY SERIOUS RESPONSES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plan to leave in a few weeks.

Best of Craigslist