SI: Sping Winners and Losers

the link is here.

WINNERS

Bo Pelini, Nebraska: Last year it was Nick Saban, but the toast of this spring was unquestionably Pelini. Cornhuskers fans are clamoring for any sign of the program moving in a positive direction following the stagnant Bill Callahan era, which is why a record 80,149 filled Memorial Stadium for the Red-White Game (25,869 more than last year's spring game).

The verdict? A number of Huskers showed up for spring looking leaner to fit Pelini's "fast and physical" credo, including I-back Quentin Castille, who has reportedly trimmed 20 pounds. It's a mold that will bring the speed that was Pelini's calling card at LSU. The new coach is already making an immediate impact with his players and fans. In April, what more can you really ask for?

... and the losers? well, you'll remember his name...

LOSERS

UCLA: You know you're having a bad spring when your No. 1 and No. 2 quarterbacks are carted off the field with injuries -- on the same day. But that's the reality first-year Bruins coach Rick Neuheisel is dealing with after both starter Patrick Cowan and Ben Olson went down.

Cowan's injury hurts the most. He earned the starting job earlier in the spring, but is out for the season after incurring ligament and cartilage damage in his left knee. He also missed eight games last season due to various injuries.

Olson is out for six-to-eight weeks with a broken bone in his right foot and is expected to compete with junior college transfer Kevin Craft for the starting spot. No matter who takes it, it's a rough start to the "Neu Era."

it's gonna be a long year for westwood.

I think that Oklahoma should be on the Losers list because quite frankly they didn't even have a great spring game. Their starting quarterback from last year threw like 3 or 4 picks and 1 or 2 of them went for returned TD's.

Either their defense is that good or their offense is still absorbing their Fiesta Bowl defeat two years in a row. I'm hoping that Oklahoma's offense is going to play like this when we play them in Norman. :)

I think that Oklahoma should be on the Losers list because quite frankly they didn't even have a great spring game. Their starting quarterback from last year threw like 3 or 4 picks and 1 or 2 of them went for returned TD's.

Either their defense is that good or their offense is still absorbing their Fiesta Bowl defeat two years in a row. I'm hoping that Oklahoma's offense is going to play like this when we play them in Norman. :)

ya that would be fine with me if the sooner offense does the same on game day

...because spring game determines oh so much.

Hey we determined husker-fans are desperate enough to fill their stadium to watch a freaking scrimmage. I can say that, I was one of those desperate souls.

It was nice to see husker-nation re-uniting. The game was a nice recruiting-tool. But ya we still don't know what we still don't know what kind of team we have.