I HATE WAL-MART!!!!!!!!!!!!

As most of you know my Playstation 3 crapped out on me last Friday night. So luckly they were nice enough to re-print my receipt and give me the brochure of the 2 year warranty. I called the warranty company last Saturday and they told me that I would be getting my box, ups tag, and all of that crap so I can mail it out for free.

Thursday came along five days later and still no package for this 2 year warranty company so I decided to give them a call. They told me that I wouldn't receive my package till the following Tuesday or Wednesday. So lets say that I get this package on Wednesday, that will be 12 days that I've had a broken PS3. I could've sent it out to Sony the following day for $150 fee.

So yesterday I went back to Wal-Mart to get a new PS3 right there on the spot. I told the lady at the customer service desk that I've been waiting for my package from the 2 year warranty company and it hasn't shown up and won't till the following Tuesday or Wednesday. I told the lady that I buy all of my groceries, DVDs, video games, oil, etc at Wal-Mart and this is how you repay your customers. So she called the electronic manager and I talked to this electronic manager about my situation and that I wasn't happy and that I was willing to pay the difference for a new Playstation 3. She told me NO go and that they couldn't do it because the SKU# on my mine was old or something and that their computers wouldn't recognize it.....Ummm ok. She would've even give me my money back or even a gift certificate.

I told her that after talking to her I wasn't satisfied and ask for their Corrporate number. So on my way home I called the Corrporate number and told them my store and also told them that their 2 year company is a JOKE. The lady on the other line told me that she was sorry about my incident and that she would report this to the right person and that they.....wait wait wait here comes the best part......they told me That they would give me a call in a couple of business days WTF!!!!

What advice can anybody give me other than to buy anymore gaming stuff at Wal-Mart. My grandma told me yesterday that I should call some Customer complaint number that I could call and report Wal-Mart or something like that.

I think the problem your going to run into is that you need to send your old PS3 out and then you'll be able to get a new one. My PS2 crapped out on me and luckily I had bought the 3 year warranty through Best Buy. I had to actually send the PS2 out and then Best Buy sent me a voucher to go and get a new one through them.

If wal-mart was the one you paid money to for the warranty, file a complaint with the BBB.

There is a reason why wally-world gets not one cent from my pocket.

Whats the BBB and whats their phone number? I really do think that it's Wal-Marts fault beause they sell this 2 year warranty and they have no idea on how it works.....they're not really trained on it :wtf

I think their just playing games with me and making me loop around the whole situation and pretty much laughing at me.

I'm going to call Wal-Marts corrporate number on Tuesday and demand a NEW PS3 and I could care less if its the 40gb, 80gb, or even the new 160gb coming out soon. I'm going to place a sticker somewhere on my PS3 when I ship it and when I get it back I'll be able to tell if its a new one or the same one hehehe.

***SNIP***

I really do think that it's Wal-Marts fault beause they sell this 2 year warranty and they have no idea on how it works.....they're not really trained on it :wtf

I think their just playing games with me and making me loop around the whole situation and pretty much laughing at me.

***SNIP***

Well, while Wal-Mart may have sold it to you, they are probably not responsible for it - albeit they probably get a "cut" of the cost paid. Most likely, the coverage comes from a third party and Wal-Mart has no direct (but of course, plenty of indirect) control over it - hence the lack of training.

You may want to find out the name of the company that actually adminsters it, and refer them to the BBB.

Extended warranties are one of their biggest money makers, plus they're usually worthless.

Especially on computer parts..Usually by the time it breaks, the replacement is less than you'd spend on the extended warranty.

I bought one once for a Used Jeep I bought at a dealership.

I can't remember what went wrong but the bill was for over $1000 and NOT covered because it was considered "Normal Wear & Tear".

I was hesitant about getting the extended warranty, but they promised me a better interest rate if I signed on.

After the 1st $1000 repair was not covered, I cancelled it. And vowed never to shop there again.

:angry:

I think the problem your going to run into is that you need to send your old PS3 out and then you'll be able to get a new one. My PS2 crapped out on me and luckily I had bought the 3 year warranty through Best Buy. I had to actually send the PS2 out and then Best Buy sent me a voucher to go and get a new one through them.

Unfortunately Sony changed their policy when it pertains to the PS3. Most retailers will not stand behind them because of the many issues with the hard drives. Now you usually have to send them back to the manufacturer, only to get a re-manufactured (not new) one sent back to you. If you've ever had any electronic device that has been re-manufactured, it usually lasts maybe about a year, then you're S.O.L. Good Luck, I hope you get your problem solved.

UPDATE

I just took my PS3 to Best Buy and they FIXED my PS3 and now it's working. So i'm going to see if I can get my money back for the 2 year warranty since their service plan is a joke and my package still hasn't shown up <_<

GTA4 here I come!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE

I just took my PS3 to Best Buy and they FIXED my PS3 and now it's working. So i'm going to see if I can get my money back for the 2 year warranty since their service plan is a joke and my package still hasn't shown up <_<

GTA4 here I come!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap:clap:clap