Phoenix Mars Lander

Phoenix Mars Lander DVD  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kind of exciting to think that my name is on that silica DVD that is about to land on Mars today! That's the furthest I have ever traveled in my life, 247,927,105.7 miles! WOW! I was wondering, how many others here did the same? I would be interested to know! I hope a lot of you guys are up there with me. I mean, 250,000 names went to Mars. So, I know I am not that special. But it just boggles my mind that my name will live forever (well, the silica disc is only expected to last 500 years at most), well, long after I'm gone anyway. :P

I drove thru Phoenix once, it was hot, but at least it was dry heat.

T_O_B

The new saying out here, "It's not the heat..It's the stupidity"

I went to Tuscon when I was six. Almost as good as Phoenix.

Except it's usually 10 degrees colder.

I do have Slim Whitman ready just in case Mars Attacks, though. <_<

DVxh-vT_sW0

RPp5IO07D9s&feature

Bp3llVQh__Q

I have no idea what is going on right now

:dunno:wacko:

I'm with you :dunno

Well..Ya see..

The star Trek fan (Trekkie?) signed an anonymous petition that was hurled to one of our closest neighboring planets..I on the other hand am a little afraid of repercussions and anyone who watched the movie "Mars Attacks" knows that the only way to defeat Martians is by playing some Whitman.

The Yodeling seems to make their heads implode.. chuckleshuffle

I have no idea what is going on right now

:dunno:wacko:

I'm with you :dunno

Well..Ya see..

The star Trek fan (Trekkie?) signed an anonymous petition that was hurled to one of our closest neighboring planets..I on the other hand am a little afraid of repercussions and anyone who watched the movie "Mars Attacks" knows that the only way to defeat Martians is by playing some Whitman.

The Yodeling seems to make their heads implode.. chuckleshuffle

Well, it wasn't anonymous. It was done by the Planetary Society, of which I am a member of. And if the Martians come looking for me, I might...might, be able to pull off a yodel. :box And if anyone watched "War of the Worlds" (The original not the lame Tom Cruise remake), they know that giving them a cold will also work.

I am now dumber for reading this thread......

How can that be Touchdown Tommie? I bet you didn't even know that Mars was 247,927,105.7 (I see that I got it wrong above) miles away. Or that in 3 months, the entire lander will be covered by 3.28083 Feet of Carbon-Dioxide ice. How can that make one dumber? :)

Okay, science lesson over. I'm outta here! :woo

Well, it wasn't anonymous. It was done by the Planetary Society, of which I am a member of. And if the Martians come looking for me, I might...might, be able to pull off a yodel. :box And if anyone watched "War of the Worlds" (The original not the lame Tom Cruise remake), they know that giving them a cold will also work.

Dang..I was hoping it was anonymous..We're doomed for sure, now.

I doubt the cold germs would still work..At least not as fast as I'd like and not nearly as fun to watch.

They've surely seen War of the Worlds by now and have worked on their immunity to even our super bug(s).

As long as they don't wear their noise cancelling headphones. we just might make it.

Justin Hayward wasn't even able to yodel sufficiently in "War of the Worlds"

pUTDUwALPPE&feature

D7vfjJHcfeE&feature

Wow..this brings back memories.
I was 17 and visiting my Big Brother in Broken Bow, NE.

He let me record the soundtrack to a blank 8-track and I played it in my car that night on the almost two hour drive back to my parents home in Holdrege with my Siberian Husky... with only the light of the Moon and stars ..(I kept turning off my headlights so as not to attract any UFO's)...Scary

rMOc0PLzpT8&feature