Position: WR

Height: 6’3”

Weight: 190

40 time: 4.44

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: NR/ :star:star

Insiders: NR/ :star:star:star

Commit Date: 1/23/05

1) What are your first impressions of this recruit (speed, strength, character, leadership, grades, etc)?

2) Rank his importance to the Huskers 1-10 (10 the most important).

3) Will he contribute right away? In what capacity?

4) Who does this player most remind you of?

5) Where do you see this player in 20010?

1) What are your first impressions of this recruit (speed, strength, character, leadership, grades, etc)?

Tyrell is an ATH who can play on either side of the ball, but will likely stay at WR. I've only seen pictures of him, and he appears to be on the light side, needs Kennedy to get his hands on him, but could be great for the WCO and provide us even ANOTHER threat at WR.

2) Rank his importance to the Huskers 1-10 (10 the most important).

8. He provides depth at WR or DB, both places of need.

3) Will he contribute right away? In what capacity?

I believe so, he's a JUCO, that's what they're here for.

4) Who does this player most remind you of?

Actually he looks a little like Fred Rouse in his picture. I don't know about play style.

5) Where do you see this player in 2009?

Gone.

If this guy (and the other wr's) are as fast as advertised, it would be a good idea to move a few to the D Backfield to shore up those positions since they are so thin.

I believe the staff is looking at moving some of them, possibly Leon Jackson, to CB. He has played there before. I am not sure about the other guys though. I wonder if anyone would possibly go both ways?

If this guy (and the other wr's) are as fast as advertised, it would be a good idea to move a few to the D Backfield to shore up those positions since they are so thin.

I believe the staff is looking at moving some of them, possibly Leon Jackson, to CB. He has played there before. I am not sure about the other guys though. I wonder if anyone would possibly go both ways?

I have also heard that they have considered Wallace and one of the JUCO wrs to possible play db. Who knows, it could be just rumors.

• 6 months later...

Someone at work told me today he has inside info in the athletic department, and apparently Spain took 2 correspondence courses this summer that did not have a proctor. Since there was no instructor of any type assigned to the classes, the NCAA will not consider them and thus Tyrell will not be eligible to play this season. I REALLY hope this is untrue, but with the health of our WR's right now this looks like it could be a really bad blow to the team.

You almost had to figure with it taking this long that something wasn't quite right with the classes he took or something of that nature. Hopefully it is just a rumor, but I am less optimistic about this with every day of practice that passes. Hopefully he won't lose a year of eligibility if this is true.

I just love the fact NU is getting such high-caliber recievers. One of my favorite players on the field is the Williams (is that right?) kid from Texass who plays for the Detroit Kittens. Huge, loads of speed, great hands. Love those big recievers who can run. I like the way jerkface from the Eagles plays, but he is such a puke.