Position: RB

Height: 5-11.5

Weight: 206

40 time: 4.48

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #1/*****

Insiders: #5/*****

Commit Date: 11/07/04

In depth analysis, stats, pros, con, etc. to come throughout the day and the week. Feel free to begin discussion on any topic you would like.

1) What are your first impressions of this recruit (speed, strength, character, leadership, grades, etc)?

2) Rank his importance to the Huskers 1-10 (10 the most important).

3) Will he contribute right away? In what capacity?

4) Who does this player most remind you of?

5) Where do you see this player in 2009?

1) What are your first impressions of this recruit (speed, strength, character, leadership, grades, etc)?

Awesome speed, average strength, great character, Great burst, great cutting abitilty, Marlon will be the next great nebraska running back

10!!, Lucky will be a great compliment to Ross next year and will lead us into future greatness

I think he will share time with ross this year

Ahman Green, Put 20 lbs of muscle on him and send him to the NFL

Leading NU to a national championship

:wasted

1) What are your first impressions of this recruit (speed, strength, character, leadership, grades, etc)? :blink: I was impressed from what I saw of him. Great speed, great cutting ability.

10, I think Ross and Herian will get some big time help this year

I believe he will play quite a bit right away, but Ross will still be the number one guy

Marshall Faulk

who knows, hopefully healthy and playing on sundays

Video Analysis from DaveH

Watching this kid on film is really not fair to the other kids on the field. He could basically just run by anyone on the field.

When he does get into traffic, he is pretty shifty. Shows good balance after getting hit in the legs and the ability to shed some tacklers. Callahan pretty much hit it on the head when he said he is an all around back.

This guy flies by his opponents. Playing California ball, he just makes everyone else look like they're in pop warner out there. 8 TDs in one game?! This kid also has the determination. He's been getting his grades up a lot lately and, while he was once a long shot to get qualified, now it's almost in the bag. Great strength, beef him up with Kennedy. He's got great knowledge of the tradition. All-in-all, Lucky is the best RB in the nation, period.

Oh yeah. He won't start, as that's Cory's job, but he'll rack up 500 rushing and 400 receiving easy next year I believe. He could very well take the top backup from B.J. The kid is amazing. He'll also be returning kicks with B.J. or Tierre most likely.

Eric Dickerson and Reggie Bush.

Playing his second year in the NFL. Former All-American and top 10 on Husker's career rushing list.

Speed. Athleticism. Size. Excellent receiver out of the backfield.

10 to the max. Everyone else is a 1 compared to him.

Starting from Day One. Shot at 2k his freshman year.

Bigger Ladanian Tomlinson/ Reggie Bush.

In the NFL. Easily.

I just read that Benard said he looked small from his film earlier...I'd say that it's the exact opposite. To me he looks bigger than 6'0, 205. But even so, he's a quick, agile and even powerful runner who should bring A LOT to the table for Nebraska next year. Lucky won't start, but will likely see 10-15 touches per game by the end of the year if he can make something out of them. Judging by what I've seen in the All American game and on his junior film, I have no doubt that he has the ability.

He also shouldn't be worried about getting qualified anymore. All he needs is like 40 more points on his SAT or .1 on his GPA. Last semester he got a 3.3, and he's very determined. He'll make it.

This guy flies by his opponents. Playing California ball, he just makes everyone else look like they're in pop warner out there. 8 TDs in one game?! This kid also has the determination. He's been getting his grades up a lot lately and, while he was once a long shot to get qualified, now it's almost in the bag. Great strength, beef him up with Kennedy. He's got great knowledge of the tradition. All-in-all, Lucky is the best RB in the nation, period.

Oh yeah. He won't start, as that's Cory's job, but he'll rack up 500 rushing and 400 receiving easy next year I believe. He could very well take the top backup from B.J. The kid is amazing. He'll also be returning kicks with B.J. or Tierre most likely.

Eric Dickerson and Reggie Bush.

Playing his second year in the NFL. Former All-American and top 10 on Husker's career rushing list.

Could you expand a little on the Eric Dickerson comparison? Just curious.. ;)

Dickerson was a the taller side.

His family nor the coaching staff will comment on his grades AFAIK. Good or bad that has really always been the policy. I believe his father (guardian actually) was quoted as saying that everyone will know how he did when he takes the field in the summer.