The Husker Defense

I saw the other thread and I read most...but where that thread goes wrong and where most of the threads go wrong is everyone going gaga over the lost starters from last season.....They Stunk period

Barret Ruud was a player that should have been a 1 year part-time starter....He could'nt hold Phil Ellis's jock let alone some of the really good LB's that T O had in the program....As far as Fabian....I'm glad he is taking the train...I wish I had a nickle for everytime he gott his ass burnt like toast.....F@ck him....Fabian WHO?

Teamer?...there is another joke....I want guys who want to be Huskers and I want BC to have the guys he wants...if any of Franks ONE STAR losers want to hit the bricks....let'em go and kick'em in the ass on the way out......I mean C'mon ,Ruud, give me a friggin break....

Octavien will have much more success with the Blackshirts(win & Losses) then Ruud.....When are you guys goin to figure out that ALL of the players that BC and Blake brought in are better than the guys that are here......The Huskers can't help but be Better than they were last year.....I'm not saying that some of Franks players won't start and won't help lead the huskers to 9 wins...but we are allready better....

PS it does not matter how many stars Teamer was as a recruit...I don't care...save you breath, and put the gun back in your mouth....peace :bat

I agree with you completely, last year's team just wasnt good. However when we start praising the good recruits we are getting, people complain that we think they are saviors and many of them arent going to make an immediate impact. Since last years team wasnt that good, i htink more of the top recruits will get chances to play alot of minutes and many ofthem will start.

I still think the defensive scheme or lack thereof we ran last year was more of a factor than the talent level. Dropping into a porous zone or trying to play man to man defense on 3rd down was laughable. I'll never forget watching our corners play 10 yds from the line of scrimage against receivers which was obviously a coaching decision.

Well guy's I don't know what else to call the new players coming in...I never said saviors....but the more I think about it the more the name seems to fit....Now, obviously we are talking about Football, not the end of the world.....but these players represent the second step toward a short trip back to the top of this conference.....I noticed no one disputed that Phil Ellis was a better player than Ruud...and I think that says volumes .......we just plain don't have enough good players to show up and win.....The Jucos players will make this team 2 to 3 wins better than we were last year

Taylor.....he can't be as bad as Joe......1 win

Octavien......He looks to have better size and speed than Ruud........1 win

Tomerlin....stud who will play from day 1

Suh.........Stud who has size and speed that will be hard to keep off field

Dagunduro....BIG ASS STUD....

Do you see a trend...if I'm half wright we win the north in a laugher...I mean Half right is all need to be

Did anybody see missouri's replace any of their starters....NO....the 2 best DT's in the big 12 left and they got jack bone to replace them...and Kstate had a terrible class when you cosider that they had needs all over the defense and they didly to help.....Lets not forget that KSU will be in Lincoln this year......We will beat KSU MIZZ..ISU>>and I really like what mandingo is doin with Kansas ...but we beat them last year with the Keystone Cops....I like us to save that streak.....

add Maine and TT and we got a big season rolling ....so please stop with the dumb questions about last years starters......TO would have cut 3/4 of them for poor play or lack of dicipline...they stunk...Oh yeah and Teamer needs to get his sh!t and clear on out.......he can go party with Randy Stella...another Solich wannabee

Last year after the TT game it looked like our players just had the life sucked out of them. The entire D never seemed to recover. That's why it's so important this year for the newcomers we have to step in and bust some heads. I'm all for the old guys like Carriker, Smith, Bullocks and Bradley to come out with a new fire and energy, and hopefully they show some leadership. But I really wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Bowman or Octavien step into that role.