RB Antwaan Cobb

The only reason it's between KSU and NU is because KSU offered his brother a scholarship and NU didn't. His brother is a small OT/DT coming in at 5-11 and 240 pounds. NU won't offer someone that small a scholarship for OT/DT. His brother tried committing to KSU but they told him not to commit to them yet. It sounds like that his brothers offer and whether KSU takes him or not depends on if Antwan comes along or not.

The only reason it's between KSU and NU is because KSU offered his brother a scholarship and NU didn't. His brother is a small OT/DT coming in at 5-11 and 240 pounds. NU won't offer someone that small a scholarship for OT/DT. His brother tried committing to KSU but they told him not to commit to them yet. It sounds like that his brothers offer and whether KSU takes him or not depends on if Antwan comes along or not.

That's a pretty crappy way of conducting business. They either want the kid or not.

• 4 weeks later...

He still has NU in the lead and he said he would have committed by now if his brother had already made up his decision about committing to Kansas St. Right now, Florida seems to be hot on his tail and want him to come to a visit before they offer him officially, so that is going to delay the process. This kid seems determined to be close to his brother, so if Kansas St finally decides to accept his brother, he will likely head to Manhattan. If Manhattan doesn't accept his brother, he is NU bound, unless the gators manage to somehow sweep him off his feet.

Right now, i would say our chances with him are at about 45%

I'm sorry Nameless. I'm not sure that I'm following you. Are you saying if his brother goes to KSU, Antwaan Cobb will also go to KSU? Is Florida after his brother or Antwaan? Thank you.

No, I don't think anyone is really "after" his brother, but rather they are after Antwaan.

The deal with KSU is they offered his brother in hopes of landing a commit from Antwaan who also has a offer from KSU.

We should asked some of those KSate fans who are on this board what they know.

I'm sorry Nameless. I'm not sure that I'm following you. Are you saying if his brother goes to KSU,  Antwaan Cobb will also go to KSU? Is Florida after his brother or Antwaan? Thank you.

No, I don't think anyone is really "after" his brother, but rather they are after Antwaan.

The deal with KSU is they offered his brother in hopes of landing a commit from Antwaan who also has a offer from KSU.

Like Eric said, Kstate is toying with his brother in hopes of landing him.

I'm sorry Nameless. I'm not sure that I'm following you. Are you saying if his brother goes to KSU,  Antwaan Cobb will also go to KSU? Is Florida after his brother or Antwaan? Thank you.

Like Eric siad, Kstate is toying with his brother in hopes of landing him.

Here's a snippet from KState Wildcat on this situation:

The info on the brothers won't be posted online. I can't see how they would release info about if one signs the other will. Snyder always keeps a tight lid on things and I can't see that type of info getting out of camp HQ. It also looks like KState has other RB's on there high list. It might be if they can't get a commitment from Antwan and they get one from Mon Williams or something they won't take either one of the brothers. I don't know. I haven't followed the brothers info.

They have one RB commit already

Leon Patton ****

Ht: 5-7 Wt: 180 40: 4.48

Position: RB

Projected as: RB, CB

Position Rank: 27

Year: Class of 2006

High School: W.T. White HS

(Dallas, TX)

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=173&p=8&c=1&nid=1875423

http://www.huskerjournal.com/recruiting.html

Read this. His father is totally sold on NU, and Antwaan appears to be very close. While the two brothers still plan to visit KSU, Antwaan's brother told him not to wait. There's nothing in this article about Antwaan wanting to visit Florida. Take it for all it's worth.

That article is REALLY old. I know the owner of that website, and Huskers Illistreated has given him permission to post premium articles a month after they were originally published. Note the comments in the article.

It's now been a full week after ANTWAN COBB

Cobb visited on 9/2. A week later would put the article at 9/9/2005. A lot has happened in the last month, such as Florida entering the mix and them wanting him to visit.

Like Eric siad, Kstate is toying with his brother in hopes of landing him.

Here's a snippet from KState Wildcat on this situation:

The info on the brothers won't be posted online. I can't see how they would release info about if one signs the other will. Snyder always keeps a tight lid on things and I can't see that type of info getting out of camp HQ. It also looks like KState has other RB's on there high list. It might be if they can't get a commitment from Antwan and they get one from Mon Williams or something they won't take either one of the brothers. I don't know. I haven't followed the brothers info.

They have one RB commit already

Leon Patton ****

Ht: 5-7 Wt: 180 40: 4.48

Position: RB

Projected as: RB, CB

Position Rank: 27

Year: Class of 2006

High School: W.T. White HS

(Dallas, TX)

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=173&p=8&c=1&nid=1875423

Mon Williams? :blink:

This has to be a joke. Kstate fans and recruiting "cough" guru's actually think they can land a stud like Mon Williams? He will go to Florida, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, or Texas before he even thinks about Kansas St.

I have a better chance winning the lottery then Kansas St does landing Mon. That Hurricane Katrina toxic water must have found it's way up to the Manhattan drinking supply. :dumdum