What Happened to Kody Spano??

So I was looking through the 2008 media guide and I noticed that there are no QB's listed under the 2008 signees section. Didn't we sign Kody Spano as a QB? Maybe I wasn't paying good enough attention through the offseason, but did he not make the grade or something? Hopefully someone knows the 411 on his situation.

So I was looking through the 2008 media guide and I noticed that there are no QB's listed under the 2008 signees section. Didn't we sign Kody Spano as a QB? Maybe I wasn't paying good enough attention through the offseason, but did he not make the grade or something? Hopefully someone knows the 411 on his situation.

since he enrolled in january he is considered a 2007 class

yeah i mean he only played in the spring game.

I think that Kody will be Red Shirted this year. I have not spoken with him in about a month but the last time we spoke that was the plan. He was waiting to see what Coach Watson was going to tell him. I think that he is practicing and he also had an awesome semester this spring. He made the commissioners deans list. We are proud of him.

I think that Kody will be Red Shirted this year. I have not spoken with him in about a month but the last time we spoke that was the plan. He was waiting to see what Coach Watson was going to tell him. I think that he is practicing and he also had an awesome semester this spring. He made the commissioners deans list. We are proud of him.

How does he feel about the Green commitment? I always wonder how guys especially at the quarterback position could stand to be third or fourth on the roster for nearly their whole career and then be passed up by someone. Obviously that's not Cody's situation just yet, but for guys like Witt and Lee it has to be frustrating if Cody comes in and is indeed the guy.

How does he feel about the Green commitment? I always wonder how guys especially at the quarterback position could stand to be third or fourth on the roster for nearly their whole career and then be passed up by someone. Obviously that's not Cody's situation just yet, but for guys like Witt and Lee it has to be frustrating if Cody comes in and is indeed the guy.

QB's have to understand that NU is going to be going after the best QB's that they can find every year. If they are afraid of compitition then they are not going to get any better, and might as well move on.

just look at Beck, afraid of compitition left for NC State, and really sucked it up last year

I agree with Husker Rob here- new recruits coming in are omnipresent for a college QB. Every year almost every university will recruit at least one QB. You have to deal with it and try to prove yourself to be the best.

Harrison Beck the five star prettyboy couldn't get above #2 on the depth chart and he sucked... badly. He had 2 more turnovers than he had completions at Nebraska. Joe Ganz was a two star recruit who came in and lit it up last year. Kody, Zac, and Patrick could very well be the starter next year with some time figuring out the offense. Cody Green might redshirt a year and sit out a year or so before assuming the helm. Who knows, maybe he'll be a bust? Hopefully not, but anything could happen.

You are absolutly right. Competition is healthy for the entire team. Kody will compete for a spot as he is right now and we are all encouraging Kody to step it up and compete at his very best. This always elevates the standards not to mention that it always helps all parties involved to gain respect from their teammates. Remember there is a lot that can happen between now and Jan. 09.

Kody Spano is a gifted QB and no one has seen what he is capable as of yet. He has a lot to learn about the offense and is just getting his feet wet. What about that 70 yard drive in the Spring game, and he is still trying to understand the offense!! (ignore the fumble on the 1 yard line, offensive guard stepped on his foot and knocked the ball loose with his arm.) We can't wait until he has an opportunity to really understand a very complicated "Watson run offense" and when he does, everyone better hang on for a nice ride.

Remember that Spano was behind a not to "shabby" QB his Sophmore year at Stephenvile (Jevon Snead) and if Snead had been injured Spano would have been "the man" as a sophmore. This would have given Spano even more experience. So, Spano still has alot of maturing to do. Yes, Snead had a "ruff" start at that school over in Austin but, I hear he is working in well over at Ole Miss and he and Kody talk a lot. Hell, what alot of people don't know is that Jevon and OLe Miss really wanted Spano to come over there.

Anyway, in my opinion Cody Green would be a great target (WR) for Spano to throw to. I think that Green could be the next Randy Moss from what I have seen and heard from other scouts here in Texas. The next big QB from Texas will be the kid over at McKinney High School and he is just a junior this year.

Good Luck Huskers! Good Luck Kody Spano!!! Keep kicking Butt!!

If your not swimming, you must be drowning!

Maybe, but it sounds like the coaches really want Green as QB. They wanted a QB for this class, got Green, and said they are now out of the QB business. It could still be true, of course, that Green gets moved, in which case WR is probably the most likely destination.

I admit I don't know much about Kody Spano, so I'll defer to your judgment. At this point, it looks like Witt (and maybe Lee) are light years ahead of him, but that may just come with experience in the offense. We'll see if Kody can make the quantum leap in the offseason after his redshirt year. Next year's QB derby will be interesting, to say the least.

You are absolutly right. Competition is healthy for the entire team. Kody will compete for a spot as he is right now and we are all encouraging Kody to step it up and compete at his very best. This always elevates the standards not to mention that it always helps all parties involved to gain respect from their teammates. Remember there is a lot that can happen between now and Jan. 09.

Kody Spano is a gifted QB and no one has seen what he is capable as of yet. He has a lot to learn about the offense and is just getting his feet wet. What about that 70 yard drive in the Spring game, and he is still trying to understand the offense!! (ignore the fumble on the 1 yard line, offensive guard stepped on his foot and knocked the ball loose with his arm.) We can't wait until he has an opportunity to really understand a very complicated "Watson run offense" and when he does, everyone better hang on for a nice ride.

Remember that Spano was behind a not to "shabby" QB his Sophmore year at Stephenvile (Jevon Snead) and if Snead had been injured Spano would have been "the man" as a sophmore. This would have given Spano even more experience. So, Spano still has alot of maturing to do. Yes, Snead had a "ruff" start at that school over in Austin but, I hear he is working in well over at Ole Miss and he and Kody talk a lot. Hell, what alot of people don't know is that Jevon and OLe Miss really wanted Spano to come over there.

Anyway, in my opinion Cody Green would be a great target (WR) for Spano to throw to. I think that Green could be the next Randy Moss from what I have seen and heard from other scouts here in Texas. The next big QB from Texas will be the kid over at McKinney High School and he is just a junior this year.

i think Cody gets into the mix big time next year......he will pick up a lot this season.

i think Cody gets into the mix big time next year......he will pick up a lot this season.

I think he does too. I was very impressed with what I saw at the Spring Game. For a kid who had only been here since January and was moving the offense that well, with accurate throws, very impressive. The QB race is going to be talked about alot during the offseason next year.