ISU The thorn in my X#@

My Niece's Husband is from the Des Moines? area, but he ended up wrestling out here for ASU.

Never did find out if he was a Hawkeye or Clone fan...But he did love to joke to my Brother and me about our Huskers.

I agree you're better off joking with them..Stats will just confuse them :box

109 Responses to “Iowa and Iowa State jokes”

A man enters a bar & orders a drink. The bar has a robot bartender. The robot serves him a perfectly prepared cocktail & then asks him, “What’s your IQ?”

The man replies “162″ & the robot proceeds to make conversation about global warming factors, quantum physics & spirituality, biomimicry, environmental interconnectedness, string theory, nanotechnology & sexual proclivities.

The customer is very impressed & thinks, “This is really cool.” He decides to test the robot. He walks out of the bar, turns around & comes back in for another drink. Again, the robot serves him the perfectly prepared drink & asks him, “What’s your IQ?” The man responds, “about a 100.”

Immediately the robot starts talking, but this time, about football, NASCAR, baseball, supermodels, favorite fast foods, guns & women’s body parts.

Really impressed, the man leaves the bar & decides to give the robot one more test. He heads out & returns; the robot serves him & asks, “What’s your IQ?” The man replies, “Er, 50, I think.”

The robot says… real slowly, “So. . how.. bout.. them.. Hawkeyes ?”

Go Cyclones!

- Pat in Waukee

September 11th, 2006 at 4:29 pm

Dan McCarney, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven,

God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a

faded Cyclones flag in the window.

“This house is yours for eternity, Dan,” said God. “This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here.”

Dan felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house. On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a 3-story mansion with a Black and Gold sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flagpole with an enormous Hawkeye flag, and in every window, a Hawkeye symbol.

Dan looked at God and said “God, I’m not trying to be ungrateful, but

I have a question. I was a good coach, I went to three consecutive

bowl games, and I turned around Iowa State’s entire program.”

God said “So what do you want to know, Dan?”

“Well, why does Kirk Ferentz get a better house than me?”

God chuckled, and said “Dan, that’s not Kirk’s house, it’s mine.”

- Stephanie, Iowa City

September 11th, 2006 at 9:38 pm

A kindergarten teacher explains to her class that she is an Iowa State Cyclone. She asks her students to raise their hands if they are Cyclones too.

No one really knows what a Cyclone is, but wanting to be like their teacher their hands explode into the air like fleshy fireworks. There is, however, one exception. A girl named Kristen has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different.

“Because I’m not a Cyclone.”

“Then,” asks the teacher, “what are you?”

“Why, I’m a proud Iowa Hawkeye,” boasts the little girl.

The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Kristen why she is a Hawkeye.

“Well, my mom and dad are Hawkeyes, so I’m a Hawkeye too.”

The teacher is now angry. “That’s no reason,” she says loudly. “What if your mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron. What would you be then?”

“Then,” says Kristen, “I’d be a Cyclone.”

GO HAWKS!

- Steve, Des Moines

September 11th, 2006 at 9:42 pm

Iowa City, Iowa

A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a courtroom drama today when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Iowa Hawkeyes, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

Go Cyclones!!!

- Cyclone Greg - OKC

September 11th, 2006 at 11:02 pm

What do you get when you cross an Iowa State Cyclone and a ground hog? Six more weeks of bad football.

- John Shoumers, Iowa

September 12th, 2006 at 7:29 am

What’s the only sign of intelligence in Iowa City?

AMES 138 MILES

- Murray in Chicago

September 12th, 2006 at 7:59 am

Q: What did the Hawkeye grad say to the Iowa State grad?

A: Will the defendant please rise.

Q: What do they call a crime ring in Ames?

A: A huddle

Q: Where was O.J. Simpson headed in the white Bronco?

A: Ames, IA. He knew the police would never look for a Heisman Trophy winner there

Q: What do ISU fans use for birth control?

A: Their personalities

If you see a Cyclone football player on a bicycle, why should you swerve to avoid hitting him?

~ It might be your bicycle.

- Hawk Fan in The Hawkeye State

September 12th, 2006 at 8:00 am

Did you hear about the sign outside of Ames?

It reads Interstate 35, Iowa State 0.

- Jon, DSM

September 12th, 2006 at 8:02 am

Q: What do Cyclone fans use for birth control?

A: Their personalities.

- Halver, DSM

September 12th, 2006 at 8:15 am

A guy meets a girl whom he falls in love with and asks to marry him. Only problem- he’s a Cyclone and she’s a Husker. For the good of his marriage he decides to make the ultimate sacrifice for the love of his life and become a Husker fan as well. He learns of a new surgical procedure that will make the change. He goes to the Doctor who describes the procedure- “What we do is cut out 3/4 of you brain, when you wake up- you’ll be a Husker fan.” The guy goes under the knife. During the surgery there are complications. When the guy comes around afterwords the Doctor informs his of the bad news. “There was a mishap with the scalpel and unfortunately, instead of removing 3/4 of you brain, we removed 1/2 of it.” The Doctor asks the man how he feels. After a long pause, the man sits up, looks at the doctor and says, “Go hawks!”

- Jedd, Des Moines

September 12th, 2006 at 8:24 am

Q: How do you get an Iowa graduate off of your front porch?

A: Pay him for the pizza.

- Blake in Maryland

September 12th, 2006 at 8:32 am

How many Cyclones does it take to change a lightbulb?

One to hold the ladder, one to change the lightbuld, and two that talk about how great Seneca Wallace was.

- rj in wdm

September 12th, 2006 at 8:35 am

What do Superman and and ISU National Championship have in common?

Neither one actually exists.

What is the difference between Cheerios and the ISU football team?

Only Cheerios belongs in a bowl.

- rj in wdm

September 12th, 2006 at 8:37 am

What is the difference between a Hawkeye fan and a puppy?

Eventually, the puppy will quit whining!

Did you hear Kirk Ferentz had Drew Tate work in a bakery over the summer?

He wanted him to get used to turnovers.

Go State!

- Butler Co. Cyclone

September 12th, 2006 at 9:46 am

How many Hawkeye football players does it take to change a lightbulb?

One, but he gets three credits.

- State Fan in NE Iowa

September 12th, 2006 at 9:49 am

Not Mine but Great nonetheless!

Three guys, a Hawkey Fan, a UNI fan and an Iowa State fan are out walking together one day. They come across a lantern and a Genie pops out of it. “I will give each of you one wish, that’s three wishes total,” says the Genie. The UNI fan says, “I am a farmer, my dad was a farmer, and my son will also farm. I want the land to be forever fertile in Iowa.” With a blink of the Genie’s eye, ‘POOF’ the land in Iowa was forever made fertile for farming.

The Hawkeye fan was amazed, so he said, “I want a wall around Iowa CIty, so that no Cyclones, Panthers or Northwestern Wildcats can come into our precious city.” Again, with a blink of the Genie’s eye, ‘POOF’ there was a huge wall around Iowa City.

The Cyclone Fan (a civil engineer), asks, “I’m very curious. Please tell me more about this wall.” The Genie explains, “Well, it’s about 15,000 feet high, 500 feet thick and completely surrounds Iowa City; nothing can get in or out — virtually impenetrable.”

The Cyclone fan says, “Fill it with water.”

- Todd B

September 12th, 2006 at 9:53 am

A UNI grad, a Drake grad, and Iowa State grad were all convicted of a crime and sentenced to 10 years. One night, they devised a way to escape from jail. With the cops chasing them by foot, the 3 criminals ran towards a hospital for farm animals that was closed for the night. All the lights were out, but they were able to enter the building and hide in a room full of farm animals. A cop entered the room to look for the fugitives. With no flashlight, the cop used his night stick and poked at a cell full of pigs where the UNI grad was hiding. The UNI grad went, “Oink Oink, Oink Oink”. The cop said to himself, “Just a bunch of pigs”. The cop then went to a cell of cows where the Drake grad was hiding. The Drake grad went, “Moo Moo!!” The cop said to himself, “It’s just some cows. The cop then approached a huge bag where the ISU grad was hiding in. The cop poked at the bag, and the ISU grad goes, “Potatoes Potatoes!!”

- Hawk, Class of 2001

September 12th, 2006 at 9:53 am

We do tailgaiting Cyclone fans have to leave Ames to buy ice?

The old lady with the recipe died.

- Scott in Huxley

September 12th, 2006 at 10:03 am

A Hawkeye fan, UNI fan, and a Cyclone fan were in Singapore visiting when they got into some trouble. For their punishment they were to be cained 30 times by the authorities.

As they were about to recieve their punishment, they were granted one wish to ease the pain of the caining. The UNI fan was up first and he asked for his wish “I would like to strap one pillow on my back” So they strapped a pillow on his back but by the 10th hit, the pillow had worn thin.

The Hawkeye fan being the smart person that he is says, “strap two pillows to my back.” but once again, after 20 hits the pillow wore thin.

Last up was the Cyclone fan. Before he was even asked what his wish was he yelled, “strap the hawkeye fan to my back!”

- Ryan in Ottumwa

September 12th, 2006 at 10:17 am

A man enters a bar & orders a drink. The bar has a robot bartender. The robot serves him a perfectly prepared cocktail & then asks him, “What’s your IQ?”

The man replies “162″ & the robot proceeds to make conversation about

global warming factors, quantum physics & spirituality, biomimicry, environmental interconnectedness, string theory, nanotechnology & sexual proclivities.

The customer is very impressed & thinks, “This is really cool.” He decides to test the robot. He walks out of the bar, turns around & comes back in for another drink. Again, the robot serves him the perfectly prepared drink & asks him, “What’s your IQ?” The man responds, “about a 100.”

Immediately the robot starts talking, but this time, about football, NASCAR, baseball, supermodels, favorite fast foods, guns & women’s body parts.

Really impressed, the man leaves the bar & decides to give the robot one more test. He heads out & returns; the robot serves him & asks, “What’s your IQ?” The man replies, “Er, 50, I think.”

The robot says… real slowly, “So.. how.. bout.. them.. Cyclones?”

Go Hawkeyes!

- Jen Dichter Denver, Colorado

September 12th, 2006 at 10:25 am

A Cyclone football fan and a football player are taking a hike through the woods.

The Cyclone football fan looks down and says, “Hey, that’s neat! Look at those bear tracks!”

The Cyclone football player looks down and says “Those aren’t bear tracks, you idiot! Those are moose tracks!”

The two were still fighting when the train hit them.

- Matt, Webster City, Iowa

September 12th, 2006 at 10:39 am

What’s the first thing an Iowa State Graduate say’s to you?……….”Welcome to McDonald’s, Could I take your order Please?”

- Damian DM

September 12th, 2006 at 10:50 am

Cyclone JOKES:

1. An Cyclone went riding, and everything was going fine until the horse suddenly started bouncing out of control. He tried to hang on, but with a foot caught in the stirrup, he fell off head-first. With his head bouncing up and down, the horse didn’t even slow down. And just as the Aggie was giving up hope and losing consciousness, a Kmart employee came out and unplugged it.

2. A man from IOWA was on a business trip to Las Vegas (Nev). While he was there he hit the tables and did quite well. He was waiting at the airport to go home when they announced a delay in his flight. Looking around for something to do, he wandered around the airport. He stepped into a lounge and decided to have a drink. While there he noticed a sign and a machine. The sign said “Have a discussion with the computer - it’s more sensible than most of your friends.” This intrigued him, so he goes over to it.

The instructions said to put in $2, enter your state of residence, select a general topic, and then put in your IQ. “What the hell,” he thought, put in $2 of his winnings and keys in “Iowa State , Sports” and then, because he was feeling really good, entered “140″ for the IQ. The computer then started an interactive discussion between the guy and a physicist from Ames on the physics of the curve ball.

He really enjoyed that, so he thought he’d try again. “Iowa State , Sports,” and “120.” He’s involved with a sociologist from ISU regarding the changing image of athletes as role models and its impact upon society.

He tried again, and lowered the IQ to 100. He’s in a discussion with a reporter regarding the wild-card race in baseball.

Curious, he lowers to IQ to 80. The computer asks, “How about them Cyclone?”

3. Witnessed one Cyclone yell across to another on the opposite side wanting to know how to get to the other side. Second Cyclone yelled back, “You are on the other side.”

4. What’s the difference between a bank on a Sunday and the Cyclone’s stadium on game day?

The bank has a larger crowd.

5. What will the ISU basketball team lead the nation in this year?

Steals!

1. Two Iowa State football players were in Ames partying. They were hootin’ and hollerin’ when a bartender asked them why they were celebrating. The smart one said proudly that they had just finished a jigsaw puzzle and it only took two months.

“Two months!?” exclaimed the bartender.

The Cyclone replied, “Yeah, but the box said 4-6 years.”

a

2. A woman was walking through her new house with the contractor. As they walked through rooms, she told him what color she wanted him to paint each room. In the bedroom she said, “I think this would be nice in a cream.” The contractor stuck his head out of the window and yelled, “Green side up!” This perplexed the woman.

They moved to the living room and she said, “I would love rose in this area.” Again the contractor strolled over to the window and yelled, “Green side up!”

Again the woman was confused but did not say anything. As they walked into the kitchen she proudly announced that she wanted this room to be “a glorious shade of mauve.” Once again the contractor went to the window and yelled,”Green side up!”

Finally she could not stand this anymore. “What are you shouting `green side up’ out every window of this house?” He replied, “I’m sorry. I have a crew of ISU students laying sod across the street.”

aggiefan

3. Top Ten Courses at ISU:

10. Philosophy: Why Don’t They Spell It with an “F”?

9. Pre-law Seminar: Age of Consent in 50 States

8. Sandwich Making: A Project Course

7. Hand-Shadow Workshop

6. Subtraction: Addition’s Tricky Friend

5. Cliff’s Notes vs. Monarch Notes: Two Views of the Classics

4. Hydraulic Principles of the Keg

3. The College Classroom: A Simulation

2. The ABCs: An Extended Version

1. Your Rear from a Hole in the Ground: A Comparative Study

4. Why is the State Penitentiary located in Fort Madison and ISU in Ames?

Fort Madison had first choice.

5. Where do you go in Ames in case of a tornado?

Jack Trice Field. They never get a touchdown there.

What’s the difference between a ISU cheerleader and a really ugly sheep?

Most guys would at least date a really ugly sheep.

What’s the difference between a gringo in Juarez and the Cyclones offense in the fourth quarter?

You give any man four quarters in Juarez, and they will have scored.

- Rex W Post Chandler , AZ

September 12th, 2006 at 10:55 am

Q- What does Hawkeye football and marijuana have in common?

A- They are both smoked in bowls

- Kyle

September 12th, 2006 at 11:30 am

The 7 dwarfs are down in the mine when there is a cave-in. Snow White runs to the entrance and yells down to them. Out of the dark a voice screams “The Hawks will beat the Cyclones Saturday!” Snow White sighs in relief, “Thank God - at least Dopey is still alive!”

- Judy, Des Moines

September 12th, 2006 at 11:49 am

Q: What do Cyclone fans and Hawkeye fans have in common?

A: None of them went to the University of Iowa!

Q: How do you get a U of I grad off of your porch?

A: Pay him for the pizza.

- Alex, Ames via McIntire

September 12th, 2006 at 12:17 pm

Out here in Oakland, we have an real-life Iowa joke. His name is Robert Gallery.

- Karl, Sunnyvale CA

September 12th, 2006 at 12:32 pm

This is a joke that I heard from an Hawkeye football coach when I attended an Iowa football camp in the mid 90’s

What do you an Iowa State football player and a bottle of pepsi have in common?

They are both empty from the neck up!!!

- Steve, Bondurant

September 12th, 2006 at 12:46 pm

How many ISU Freshman Football Players does it take to change a light bulb?

None. That’s a Sophomore Class.

- Kevin in Grimes

September 12th, 2006 at 12:57 pm

Did you know the Cyclones couldn’t get into Jack Trice Stadium this weekend?

It wasn’t locked, someone painted a goal line in front of the entrance.

- Kevin in Grimes

September 12th, 2006 at 12:59 pm

Why can’t the Cyclones form a huddle?

As a condition of their probation, they can’t consort with known criminals.

- Kevin in Grimes

September 12th, 2006 at 1:03 pm

Just remember, ISU is the beginning of “I SUck”.

- Kevin in Grimes

September 12th, 2006 at 1:03 pm

What do a Kirk Ferentz and Steve Alford team have in common?

They both peak in November.

- Ben in Des Moines

September 12th, 2006 at 1:27 pm

Well, there were these two Hawkeye fans who walked into a building…. You’d have thought one of them would have seen it.

- Kevin in Des Moines

September 12th, 2006 at 1:32 pm

An Iowan was doing some shopping in downtown Des Moines. He looked up at the top of a tall building and discovered a man ready to jump…

“Stop,” he yelled, “remember you’re someone who has value!”

The man yelled back, “I just lost everything in the stock market!”

“But remember you’re important to your wife,” yelled the Iowan.

“She divorced me and took everything I had that was not in the stock market.”

“Your children, remember your children,” yelled the Iowan.

“They never call,” said the man.

“Then your parents, remember your parents,” yelled the Iowan.

“Dead as doornails,” said the man.

“Then think of all the Hawkeye football games you will miss,” yelled the Iowan.

The man shouted, “But, I’m a Cyclone Fan!”

The Iowan replied, “Jump, you idiot, JUMP!”

- Kevin in Grimes

September 12th, 2006 at 1:36 pm

There are 4 ISU Football players in a car. Who is driving?

The police

- Kevin in Grimes

September 12th, 2006 at 1:40 pm

Did you hear about the new honor system at Iowa State?

Yes, your Honor. No, your Honor.

Q: What is the difference between an Cyclone cheerleader and a catfish?

A: One has whiskers and smells; the other is a fish.

Spring storms caused a major power outage in Ames yesterday.

40 Cyclone fans were stuck on the escalator for 3 hours.

An ISU linebacker majoring in math concluded his senior thesis

with the following statement- There are three kinds of people in this world:

Those who can count and those who can’t.

(He got an A+)

Coach Dan McCarney is only dressing 10 players for the ISU vs Iowa game.

The rest of them will be dressing themselves.

A young ventriloquist is touring Iowa and stops to entertain at a bar in Ames.

He’s doing his usual stupid Redneck jokes when an ISU Linebacker in the audience stands up and says

“I’ve heard just about enough of your dumb redneck jokes; we ain’t all stupid here in Ames.”

Flustered, the ventriloquist begins to apologize, when the ISU linebacker pipes up:

“You stay out of this mister, I’m talking to the little fella on your knee!”

Why doesn’t the ISU football team have their own webpage?

They can’t put 3 “W’s” together.

Q : Why are there no Nativity scenes on the ISU campus at Christmas?

A : Because they can’t find three wise men and a virgin.

How do you starve a Cyclone?

Hide the food stamps under the soap.

- Kevin in Grimes

September 12th, 2006 at 2:06 pm

the Iowa cheerleader was asked what was closer Miami or the moon her response.Da I can see the moon.

- mark ft dodge iowa

September 12th, 2006 at 2:30 pm

What a lot of people don’t know is God has a cave here on Earth and from time to time he stops by to answer people’s questions. On this particular day, George W. Bush, Osama bin Laden and Dan McCarney stop by.

George W. Bush asks, “God, will I ever win the war on terror?”.

To which God replies, “Not in your lifetime.”

Osama bin Laden asks “God, will my organzation ever defeat the infidels from America?”

To which God replies, “Not in your lifetime.”

Then Dan McCarney comes in and asks, “God, will Iowa State ever win a national championship?”

To which God replies, “Not in my lifetime.”

- Matt, Webster City, Iowa

September 12th, 2006 at 2:39 pm

WHATS THE BEST THING TO COME OUT OF AMES?

I-35 SOUTH

- MIKE, DUBUQUE

September 12th, 2006 at 2:45 pm

What hire would be worse than Dan McCarney at Iowa State?

Jason Barryman at US Cellular.

- CMO

September 12th, 2006 at 2:55 pm

HOW DO YOU GET AN IOWA STATE GIRL TO STOP BITTING HER NAILS ? MAKE HER WEAR SHOES. HEY DID YOU HEAR THE ISU LIBRARY BURNED TO THE GROUND, ALL 5 BOOKS WERE DESTROYED, THE FOOTBALL WAS MAD BECAUSE THEY GOT TO COLOR IN ONLY 2 OF THEM

- rick gustafson

September 12th, 2006 at 3:15 pm

The lame Hawkeye humor aimed at ISU is about as good as Iowa without Tate. Pathetic.

- TK in FD

September 12th, 2006 at 3:42 pm

A Hawkeye who was a devote environmentalist volunteered to talk about whales to a class of first graders. The Hawkeye explained that even though whales were very large, they could only swallow very small things since they had a small throat.

A little girl in the class said, “That can’t be true because a whale swallowed Jonah.”

The Hawkeye explained that the story about Jonah was just fiction and wasn’t true.

The little girls said, “Well, when I get to heaven, I’ll ask him if a whale swallowed him.”

The Hawkeye explained that maybe Jonah didn’t go to heaven, maybe he went to hell.

The little girl said, “Then you ask him.”

- Denny

September 12th, 2006 at 4:47 pm

joke 1 -

Both of their football programs.

Joke 2 -

ANy of these teams making a national championship in the near future (20 years)

Joke 3 -

The amount of people that think the college football world the revolves around Iowa and ISU.

Joke 4 -

The closemindedness of those same fans that don’t realize, if a player was THAT good, he wouldn’t be playing for Iowa and certainly not for ISU!

- Greg - Clive

September 12th, 2006 at 6:01 pm

Q: How many Iowa students does it take to fix a flat tire?

A: Two. One to hold the drinks, and one to call daddy.

- A.L.

September 12th, 2006 at 6:19 pm

Q: What is the difference between Iowa State and University of Miami?

A: Hurricanens could be national threat for US, while cyclones are threatening India.

- Clone-eyes, Davenport

September 12th, 2006 at 8:10 pm

How do you get an ISU grad off your front porch? Pay for your pizza.

- Mark, Winterset

September 12th, 2006 at 11:25 pm

Did you hear about the vanload of Cyclone fans who nearly froze to death at the drive-in? They went to see ‘Closed For The Winter’.

Did you hear about the Cyclone fan who was stranded on an escalator for two hours at the Jordan Creek Mall during a power outage?

Did you hear about the Cyclone fans who went hunting in Canada? They drove all the way to northern Alberta, and a road sign read, ‘Bear Left’; so they turned around and drove back home.

How can you tell that a Cyclone grad has been using a laptop computer? There is white-out on the screen.

- Dann M. Clive, IA

September 13th, 2006 at 7:26 am

Same story as in this morning’s Register except when Dan asked God why his house was so small and Kirk’s was so huge and colorful, God replied,”Well Dan this place is crawling with Cyclones, but Kirk is the first Hawkeye we’ve ever gotten.”

- DL in DM

September 13th, 2006 at 7:35 am

Why was it suggested that when O.J. Simpson was on the run that he hide out in Ames? Because they would never look for a Heisman tropy winner there.

Why does Jack Trice stadium have a dotted line on the 50 yard line? So they know where to fold it at halftime when the team also folds.

What does an Iowa State graduate say to a Iowa graduate? Fries with that.

- Dave, Fontanelle

September 13th, 2006 at 8:36 am

State of Iowa Quarters:

Hang on to any of the new state of Iowa quarters. If you have them, they may be worth much more than 25 cents. The U.S. Treasury announced today that it is recalling all of the Iowa quarters that are part of its program featuring quarters from each state.

“We are recalling all the new Iowa quarters that were recently issued,” Treasury Undersecretary Jack Shackleford announced Monday. “This action is being taken after nemerous reports that the new quartes will not work in parking meters, toll booths, vending machines, pay phones, or other coin-operated devices.”

The quarters weree issued in the order in which the various states joined the U.S. and have been a tremendous success among coin collectors worldwide.

“The Problem lies in the unique design submitted by a committee comprised of University of Iowa Football Players and Cheerleaders,” Shackleford said. “Apparently, the duct tape holding the 2 dimes and the nickel together keeps jamming the coin-operated devises.”

Go Clones!!!

ISU 31 - Iowa 17

- Chad, Alabama

September 13th, 2006 at 8:57 am

Q: What’s the difference between an Iowa cheerleader and an Army tank?

A: The tank has a star on it’s side.

Q: What’s the difference between a Hawkeye football player and a mouse?

A: The mouse has hair on it’s chest.

Oldies, but goodies…

- Al, Muscatine

September 13th, 2006 at 8:59 am

What’s the difference between a female Hawkeye fan and a bullhead?

One is stinky with big whiskers and the other one is a fish.

How do you get an Iowa graduate off your front porch?

Pay for the pizza.

How do local farmers keep Hawks out of their chicken pens?

They put a goal post in them.

- Mutt in Des Moines

September 13th, 2006 at 10:00 am

What did the average Hawkeye player get on his ACT test?

Drool!

- Mutt in Des Moines

September 13th, 2006 at 10:16 am

Three Hawkeyes and three Cyclones are traveling by train to a conference. At the station, the three Hawkeyes each buy tickets and watch as the three Cyclones buy only a single ticket.

“How are three people going to travel on one ticket?” asked one of the Hawkeyes.

“Watch and you will see,” answers one of the Cyclones.

They all board the train. The Hawkeyes take their respective seats, but all three Cyclones cram into a restroom and close the door behind them. Shortly after the train has departed, the conductor comes around collecting tickets. He knocks on the restroom door and says, “Ticket, please.” The door opens just a crack and a single arm emerges with a ticket in hand. The conductor takes it and moves on. The Hawkeyes saw this and agreed that it was a clever idea.

So after the conference, the Hawkeyes decide to copy the Cyclones on the return trip and save some money. When they get to the station, they buy a single ticket for the return trip. To their astonishment, the Cyclones don’t buy a ticket at all.

“How are you going to travel without a ticket?” asks one of the perplexed Hawkeyes.

“Watch and you will see”, says one of the Cyclones.

When they board the train, the three Hawkeyes cram into a restroom and the three Cyclones cram into another one nearby. The train departs. Shortly afterward, one of the Cyclones leaves his restroom and walks over to the restroom where the Hawkeyes are hiding. He knocks on the door and says, “Ticket, please.”

- Craig Columbia, MD

September 13th, 2006 at 12:19 pm

Joke 1:

People who use this to not make jokes and have fun. TK in FD and Greg - Clive. Get a life and have a little fun!

- Kevin in Grimes

September 13th, 2006 at 1:17 pm

PRESS RELEASE:

IOWA CITY, IA - The University of Iowa’s Christmas pageant has been

cancelled for this year due to casting problems. After an extensive

search

of the area, directors were unable to locate three wise men and a

virgin.

- D in Waukee

September 13th, 2006 at 2:42 pm

A kindergarten teacher explains to her class that she is an Iowa

Hawkeye. She asks her students to raise their hands if they are Hawkeyes too.

No one really knows what a Hawkeye is, but wanting to be like their teacher their hands explode into the air like fleshy fireworks. There is, however, one exception. A girl named Kristen has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different.

“Because I’m not a Hawkeye.”

“Why, I’m a proud Iowa State Cyclone,” boasts the little girl.

The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Kristen why she is a Cyclone.

“Well, my mom and dad are Cyclones, so I’m a Cyclone too.”

The teacher is now angry. “That’s no reason,” she says loudly. “What if your mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron. What would you be then?”

“Then,” says Kristen, “I’d be a Hawkeye.”

- Jen

September 13th, 2006 at 2:45 pm

One day a housework-challenged husband decided to wash his sweatshirt.

>

> Seconds after he stepped into the laundry room, he shouted to his wife,

> “What setting do I use on the washing machine?”

>

> “It depends,” she replied. “What does it say on your shirt?”

>

> He yelled back, “Go Cyclones.”

>

> “Use Hot Water , A box of Tide and Four Cups Bleach

- Mike Monroe Ia

September 13th, 2006 at 3:22 pm

What do University of Iowa Graduates routinely ask Iowa State Graduates?

“Want fries with that?”

- Chris (Iowa City)

September 13th, 2006 at 3:23 pm

Two Hawkeyes were driving down the road when they saw another Hawkeye in a canoe in the middle of a bean field, paddling away.

“Look at that…how stupid,” one Hawkeye says.

“No kidding!” the other says “If I could swim, I’d go out there and tell him to put on a life jacket!”

- Holland (gilbert)

September 13th, 2006 at 5:41 pm

Mrs. McCarney was pouring ceral for Coach McCarney one morning. She decided to put the ceral on a plate and gave it to him that way. He asked his wife, “why a plate not a bowl?” She responded, “if i put it in a bowl, you’d lose it!”

- Conner, Pella

September 13th, 2006 at 7:16 pm

Whats the difference between a dollar and the Iowa State Football Team?

You get 4 good quarters out of a dollar.

- Conner, Pella

September 13th, 2006 at 7:42 pm

Do you know why the Cyclones were the last college team to get a web site?

Because they couldn’t put 3 W’s in a row!!

- Dick in Ankeny

September 13th, 2006 at 9:21 pm

A computer in the shopping mall will have a conversation tailored to the person’s IQ.

“HI, my name is Mike.”

“What is your IQ?

“160″

“Good. Let’s talk about quantum physics.” And they do.

“Hi, my name is Mary.”

“What is your IQ?”

“100″

“Good. Let’s discuss the mayoral race in Des Moines.” And they do.

“Hi, my name is John.”

“What is your IQ?”

“70.”

“How about them Hawkeyes!!!”

- frank, Dubuque, IA

September 13th, 2006 at 10:54 pm

At a Hawkeye game, the quarterback throws a bullet pass which hits a moving referee in the Adam’s apple and kills him. The police are called.

The angry policeperson says, “You just killed someone with you pass! What are you going to do about it?”

The quarterbacks says, ” I think if I turn my wrist a little to the right . . .”

- frank, Dubuque, IA

September 13th, 2006 at 10:59 pm

A Cyclone fan had a habit of scaring Hawkeye pedestrians when he saw them by swerving his car toward them, then pulling away at the last moment.

One day the Cyclone picked up a hitchhiking priest. As they were driving along, the Cyclone spotted a Hawk fan by the side of the road and, without thinking, swerved toward him. He barely missed the hawkeye, and the sudden swerve caused the priest’s door to swing open and he almost fell out.

“Good heavens, Father,” said the horrified Cyclone fan. “I’m terribly, terribly sorry.”

“Don’t worry, my son,” replied the priest. “I got him with the door.”

- Joe, Ames, IA

September 13th, 2006 at 11:16 pm

A Hawkeye and a Cyclone are driving one day and, by a freak accident, have a head-on collision with tremendous force. Both cars are totally demolished, but amazingly, neither of the students has a scratch on him.

After they crawl out of their cars, the Hawkeye sees the Cyclone’s red and yellow cardinal and says, “So you’re a cyclone. I’m a hawkeye.

Just look at our cars.

There is nothing left, yet we are here, unhurt.

This must be a sign from God!”

Pointing to the sky, he continues, “God must have meant that we should meet and share our lives in peace and friendship for the rest of our days on earth.”

The cyclone replies, “I agree with you completely.

This must surely be a sign from God!”

The hawkeye is looking at his car and exclaims, “And look at this!

Here’s another miracle!

My car is completely demolished, but this bottle of Jose Cuervo Tequila did not break.

Surely, God wants us to drink this tequila and to celebrate our good fortune.”

The cyclone nods in agreement.

The hawkeye hands the bottle to the cyclone, who drinks half the bottle and hands the bottle back to the hawkeye.

The hawkeye takes the bottle and immediately puts the cap on, then hands it back to the cyclone.

The cyclone, baffled, asks, “Aren’t you having any, Hawkeye?”

The Hawkeye replies, “Nah… I think I’ll wait for the police.”

- Julia in Iowa City

September 14th, 2006 at 12:47 am

A woman was walking through her new house with the contractor. As they walked through rooms, she told him what color she wanted him to paint each room. In the bedroom she said, “I think this would be nice in a cream.” The contractor stuck his head out of the window and yelled, “GREEN SIDE UP!” This perplexed the woman. They moved to the living room and she said, “I would love rose in this area.” Again the contractor strolled over to the window and yelled, “GREEN SIDE UP!” Again the woman was confused but did not say anything. As they walked into the kitchen she proudly announced that she wanted this room to be, “a glorious shade of mauve.” Once again the contractor went to the window and yelled,”GREEN SIDE UP!” Finally she could not stand this anymore. “What are you shouting GREEN SIDE UP out every window of this house?” He replied, ?I’m sorry. I have a crew of Iowa State students laying sod across the street.”

GO HAWKS !!!!!!!

- Jane Des Moines

September 14th, 2006 at 12:57 am

All Christmas programs in Iowa City will be cancelled this year.

Nowhere in the city can there be found Three Wise Men nor a Virgin!

- Jim - Ames

September 14th, 2006 at 12:58 am

What’s the difference between a Hawkeye cheerleader and a bowling ball?

You can only get three fingers in a bowling ball.

- RJ

September 14th, 2006 at 7:05 am

Three men walk into a public restroom to use the urinal. The first walks over to the sink and says “at UofI learned how to be sanitary” as he pours liquid soap all over his hands, washes them, and grabs a fistful of paper towels.

The next walks to the sink and says “I learned to care about my environment, not to waste resources, and to be sanitary” as he squirts a silver dollar size drop of liquid soap, washes his hands, and dries them with the hand dryer.

The third thinks to himself as he squirts a regular amount of soap into his hand, washes them, and dries them under the hand dryer. “I went to UNI and I learned long ago to not piss on my hands”.

- Joe, Des Moines

September 14th, 2006 at 7:52 am

Three men walk into a public restroom to use the urinal. The first walks over to the sink and says “at UofI I learned how to be sanitary” as he pours liquid soap all over his hands, washes them, and grabs a fistful of paper towels.

The next walks to the sink and says “At ISU I learned to care about my environment, not to waste resources, and to be sanitary” as he squirts a silver dollar size drop of liquid soap, washes his hands, and dries them with the hand dryer.

The third thinks to himself as he squirts a regular amount of soap into his hand, washes them, and dries them under the hand dryer. “I went to UNI and I learned long ago to not piss on my hands”.

- Joe, Des Moines

September 14th, 2006 at 7:54 am

Why is the field at Kinnick Stadium natural grass?

So the cheerleaders can graze at halftime!

- Brent, Ames

September 14th, 2006 at 9:02 am

A cyclone fan went up to a farmers house,and said do you have some place that i can live iam broke and i have no money. Thefarmer said i have this old outhouse out back.The cyclone fan said ill take it. The next day the farmer looked out the window,and the old outhouse was painted it had electricty ran to it,and it had cable tv and a brand new roof, The farmer went down knocked on the door,And said i thought you had no money,THE CYCLONE FAN SAID I DONT, I RENTED THE BASEMENT OUT TO A HAWKEYE FAN!! GO CLONES

- BRIAN WDM

September 14th, 2006 at 9:15 am

Q: Why do Iowa State graduates keep their diplomas in the windshield of their pickups?

A: So they can park in handicapped spaces.

- Jeff, Des Moines

September 14th, 2006 at 10:28 am

Where were O.J. and Al Cowlings heading in the white Bronco?

Ames — THEY KNEW THE POLICE WOULD NEVER LOOK FOR A HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER THERE!!!!

- Randy, Des Moines

September 14th, 2006 at 10:32 am

Four college football fans were sitting on a cliff arguing over who was the most devoted to his team. One Drake fan, one UNI fan, one ISU fan, and one Iowa fan.

The Drake fan, determined to be the most devoted, decided he was going to make the ultimate sacrifice for his team. He jumps up and exclaims, “This is for the Bulldogs!!” and jumps off the cliff.

The UNI fan, not to be outdone, immediately stands up and yells, “This is for the Panthers!!” and jumps off the cliff.

The Iowa fan, overcome with emotion, jumps to his feet and bellows, “This is for the HAWKEYES!!” … and pushes the ISU fan off the cliff.

– GO HAWKS!! –

- Allison P., Chicago, BBA 2002

September 14th, 2006 at 10:50 am

Two men were flying across the country by themselves and ended up being seated next to each other on the plane. After some time, one of the men speaks up. “So, did you enjoy going to Harvard?”

The second man was impressed, “How did you know that I went to Harvard?”

“I saw ‘Harvard’ written on the pen your were using!”

“Ah, I see.” said the second man, “And how about those hawkeyes?”

“How did you know I went to Iowa?”

“I read your class ring while you were picking your nose.”

- Sean, Des Moines

September 14th, 2006 at 12:04 pm

A young man was walking down the sidewalks of DM when he noticed a man on a ledge high above the street ready to jump to his death.

The young man yelled DON’T,YOU SHOULD NOT TAKE YOUR LIFE YOU ARE AN IMPORTANT AND WORTHWHILE HUMAN BEING.

The jumper said, I’M NOT WORTH ANYTHING. MY WIFE DIVORCED ME AND TOOK EVERYTHING.

The young man said YOU CAN’T DO THIS TO YOUR CHILDREN!

The jumper said MY CHILDREN NEVER COME TO SEE ME, I’M ALREADY DEAD TO THEM.

The young man said, WELL, HOW ABOUT YOUR PARENTS? THEY’LL BE DEVASTATED.

The jumper said, THEY’RE DEAD.

The young man said ALRIGHT THEN, THE HAWKS ARE GOING TO HAVE A TERRIFIC SEASON, YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS THAT!

The jumper said HAWKEYES, HAH! I’M A CYCLONE FAN.

The young man responded THAN JUMP, YOU FOOL, JUMP!!

- karrol s

September 14th, 2006 at 12:13 pm

What do you call a beautiful young lady on the Iowa State University campus? A visitor

What’s the best way to see Jack Trice Stadium and Ames? Through your rear view mirror

There are two types of people in Iowa….Hawkeye fans and people who wish they were.

- Greg, Nevada, IA

September 14th, 2006 at 12:37 pm

What did the student from Iowa State do when the Hawkeye fan threw a grenade at him?

He pulled the pin out and threw it back.

- Sean, Des Moines

September 14th, 2006 at 12:46 pm

Did you hear about the student who trasferred from Iowa State to the University of Iowa?

He raised the collective IQ of both schools.

- Sean, Des Moines

September 14th, 2006 at 12:47 pm

Why do all of the flags in Jack Trice Stadium point east?

Because the Hawkeyes suck and the Huskers blow.

- Sean, Des Moines

September 14th, 2006 at 12:51 pm

A minister had just been transfered from his parish in Iowa City to one in Ames. As a big football fan, one of his first stops was to the office of Dan McCarney. The minister introduced himself and soon talk turned to the upcoming game.

“You know,” said the minister “when I was in Iowa City, I could go to Coach Ferentz’s office and speak to God. He has a phone in there that connects him right to the Almighty. The long distance charges were a bit much, but it was worth it!”

“Oh, yeah,” replied McCarney, “we have one of those too. The difference is, from here it’s a local call.”

- Sean, Des Moines

September 14th, 2006 at 12:58 pm

A Drake player, a UNI player, and a Cyclone player get caught spying on the Hawkeyes’ practice in Iowa City. They are put on trial and sentenced to death. The Hawkeyes decided to have mercy on the pitiful spies and decide to give them a choice in how they wish to die. The Drake player thinks for a moment and declares that he would like to be hanged. So the Hawkeyes take him out and hang him…dead. The UNI player has been thinking for awhile and says, “I want to go to the gas chamber. It painless and you just drift off to sleep.” So the Hawkeyes take him to the chamber and gas him…dead. The Cyclone, having plenty of time to think, settles on his decision. “I wanna die of AIDS.” The Hawkeyes strap him down to a table and start injecting him with AIDS. The whole time he’s being injected, the Cyclone is laughing hysterically. The Hawkeyes ask him “What are you laughing about? You will die a painful death alone in your cell from AIDS.” The Cyclone, still laughing, replies, “I sure fooled you guys, I’ve got a condom on!”

- Tim Brown

September 14th, 2006 at 1:07 pm

One day in a bus station, one man approached another and said,” I bet you’re from Iowa State University.”

“Why yes I am,” answered the other. “How could you tell? Was it my good looks, my debonair charm, my taste in clothing?”

“No,” replied the first, “I saw your class ring as you were picking your nose.”

- Jeff, Ankeny

September 14th, 2006 at 2:09 pm

What do superman and the ISU National Championship have in common?

Neither one actually exists!

- anonymous

September 14th, 2006 at 2:38 pm

What is the difference between Cheerios and the ISU Football Team?

-Only Cheerios belong in a bowl!

- anonymous

September 14th, 2006 at 2:41 pm

Dan McCarney, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded Cyclones flag in the window. “This house is yours for eternity, Dan,” said God. “This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here.” Dan felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house. On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It

was a 3-story mansion with a Black and Gold sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flagpole with an enormous Hawkeye flag, and in every window, a

Hawkeye symbol. Dan looked at God and said “God, I’m not trying to be ungrateful, but

I have a question. I was a good coach, I went to three consecutive bowl games, and I turned around Iowa State’s entire program.” God said “So what do you want to know,Dan?” “Well, why does Kirk Ferentz get a better house than me?” God chuckled, and said “Dan, that’s not Kirk’s house, it’s mine.”

- anonymous

September 14th, 2006 at 2:43 pm

What did the Hawkeye Grad say to the ISU Grad?

-Will the defendant please rise

- anonymous

September 14th, 2006 at 2:44 pm

Where was O.J. Simpson headed in the white Bronco? -Ames, IA; He knew the police would never look for a Heisman Trophy winner there!

If you see an ISU football player riding a bike- why should you swerve to miss him? -It might be your bike!

- anonymous

September 14th, 2006 at 2:48 pm

Why don’t they put up a nativity scene on the Iowa State campus at Christmas time?

Answer: They can never find three wise men or a virgin!

ON IOWA GO HAWKS!!! BEAT ISU

- Al (Des Moines)

September 14th, 2006 at 4:46 pm

What did the Iowa grad say to the ISU grad? Do you want fries with that?

- Mark, Iowa City

September 14th, 2006 at 8:39 pm

I heard that Iowa State coach McCarney is only dressing 10 players on saturday. The other Iowa State players will have to dress themselves.

- Ralph Stebbins Nixa, MO

September 14th, 2006 at 10:19 pm

How does an Iowa State graduate spell FARM?

E-I-E-I-O

GO HAWKS!!!!!

- Darcy Stoen, Columbus, GA

September 15th, 2006 at 4:49 am

Two words - Pierre Pierce

- Tammi - Cedar Falls

September 15th, 2006 at 9:27 am

Two words - Jason Berryman

- Kevin in Grimes

September 15th, 2006 at 9:50 am

The clones are gonna rip them hawks a new hole in the butt. Then they are gonna bend them girls over and squirt some hot beef injection inside of them!

GO CLONES!!!!!!!

- Justin, Urbandale

September 15th, 2006 at 10:05 am

A man enters a bar & orders a drink. The bar has a robot bartender. The

robot serves him a perfectly prepared cocktail & then asks him, “What’s

your IQ?”

The man replies “162″ & the robot proceeds to make conversation about

global warming factors, quantum physics & spirituality, biomimicry,

environmental interconnectedness, string theory, nanotechnology & sexual proclivities.

The customer is very impressed & thinks, “This is really cool.” He

decides to test the robot. He walks out of the bar, turns around & comes back in for another drink. Again, the robot serves him the perfectly prepared drink & asks him, “What’s your IQ?” The man responds, “about a 100.”

Immediately the robot starts talking, but this time, about football,

NASCAR, baseball, supermodels, favorite fast foods, guns & women’s body

parts.

Really impressed, the man leaves the bar & decides to give the robot one more test. He heads out & returns; the robot serves him & asks, “What’s your IQ?” The man replies, “Er, 50, I think.” The robot says… real slowly, “So.. how.. bout.. them.. Hawkeyes?”

- Bob, Newton

September 15th, 2006 at 10:27 am

The clones are gonna rip them hawks a new hole in the butt. Then they are gonna bend them girls over and squirt some hot beef injection inside of them!

GO CLONES!!!!!!!!

- Justin, Urbandale

September 15th, 2006 at 10:37 am

GO CLONES!!!!!!!!!

- Justin, Urbandale

September 15th, 2006 at 10:38 am

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a Cyclone fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they are fans too. Not really knowing what a Cyclone fan was, but wanting to be liked by their teacher, their hands fly into the air. There is however one exception. A little girl named Stacy has not gone along with the crowd.

The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different.

“Because I’m not a Cyclone fan” she reports.

“Then what are you?”, asks the teacher,

“I’m a proud “Hawkeye” boasts the little girl .

The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Stacy why she is a Hawkeye fan.

“Well, my Dad and Mom are Hawkeye fans, so I’m a Hawkeye fan too”, she responds.

The teacher is angry now “That’s no reason,” she says loudly. “What if your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot. What would you be then?”

Stacy smiles and says, “Then I’d be a Cyclone fan.”

Go Hawkeyes!!!!!!

- Joel, Overland Park

September 15th, 2006 at 11:20 am

Justin from Urbandale sounds like a true Cyclown fan, disgusting and ignorant! Hopefully you and yours won’t dirty up Iowa City by attending the game on Saturday.

- Donna, Albia

September 15th, 2006 at 11:55 am

[…] There are some great reader-submitted Iowa-Iowa State jokes over at the Register web site. […]

- Juice blogs » Blog Archive » Iowa-Iowa State jokes

September 15th, 2006 at 12:50 pm

Why doesn’t Cedar Rapids have a Division 1A football team?

Then Ames would want one too.

What do you call 47 guys sitting around a tv watching BCS games?

The Iowa State Cyclone football team

Where do you go in Ames in case of a tornado?

Jack Trice Stadium- They never get a touchdown there.

- Russ, Lincoln, NE

September 15th, 2006 at 9:36 pm

An Iowan was doing some shopping in downtown Des Moines. He looked up at the top of a tall building and discovered a man ready to jump…

“Stop,” he yelled, “remember you’re someone who has value!”

The man yelled back, “I just lost everything in the stock market!”

“But remember you’re important to your wife,” yelled the Iowan.

“She divorced me and took everything I had that was not in the stock market.”

“Your children, remember your children,” yelled the Iowan.

“They never call,” said the man.

“Then your parents, remember your parents,” yelled the Iowan.

“Dead as doornails,” said the man.

“Then think of all the Cyclone football games you will miss,” yelled the Iowan.

The man shouted, “But, I’m a Hawkeye Fan!”

The Iowan replied, “Jump, you dumb ass, JUMP!”

- Kelly, Farley

September 27th, 2006 at 4:55 pm

A kindergarten teacher explains to her class that she is an Iowa State Cyclone. She asks her students to raise their hands if they are Cyclones too.

No one really knows what a Cyclone is, but wanting to be like their teacher their hands explode into the air like fleshy fireworks. There is, however, one exception. A girl named Kristen has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different.

“Because I’m not a Cyclone.”

“Why, I’m a proud Iowa Hawkeye,” boasts the little girl.

The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Kristen why she is a Hawkeye.

“Well, my mom and dad are Hawkeyes, so I’m a Hawkeye too.”

“Then,” says Kristen, “I’d be a Cyclone.”

———

Unprecedented Child Custody Ruling

A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a courtroom drama today when he

challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge

initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law

and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree

possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more

than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her.

When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy

cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that

domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took

the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have

custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare

officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Iowa State Cyclones,

whom the judge firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

———

What separates an average football team from a great football team?

I-35 and I-80

What do Michigan and Iowa State have in common?

Both have lost at home to 1-AA teams!

Directions to Jack Trice:

Travel North on I-35 to the vacinity of Ames.

When you start to smell it, take a left.

When you finally step in it, you know you are there.

We Iowa Hawkeye fans amuse ourselves by scaring every Iowa State Cyclones fan we see strutting down the street with that obnoxious Cyclones shirt. We would swerve our vans as if to hit them, and then swerve back just missing them.

One day, while driving along, I saw a priest. I thought I would do a good deed, so I pulled over and asked the priest, “Where are you going Father?”

“I’m going to give mass at St. Francis Church, about 2 miles down the road,”

replied the priest. “Climb in, Father! I’ll give you a lift!” The priest climbed into the rear passenger seat, and we continued down the road. Suddenly, I saw a Iowa State Cyclones fan walking down the road, with an obnoxious Cyclones shirt on and I instinctively swerved as if to hit him.

But, as usual, I swerved back into the road just in time. Even though I was certain that I had missed the guy, I still heard a loud “THUD.” Not understanding where the noise came from, I glanced in my mirrors but still didn’t see anything. I then remembered the priest, and turned to the priest and

said, “Sorry Father, I almost hit that Iowa State Cyclones fan.” “That’s OK,” replied the priest, “I got him with the

door.”

- mmathes