Compton making a strong push at Mike LB?

I think he'll be #2Mike, maybe next season he or Dillard move over a spot to get them both on the field.

Holt, a recruited walk-on LB out of Missouri is supposed to be making some noise at Mike and looking like a future schollie-player. Evidently he moved to rb his senior season to fill a hole, and while he did quite well it did cost him some looks as a LB and his only offer was to South Dakota. Came here because dad played here and we really iked his film. Measurables are nice, if he can put some size could be a force.

I doubt he starts over Dillard. If he starts over Dillard, the kid has got to be a ridiculous talent. It is very difficult for a true frosh to step in and play the MLB spot.

Didn't Barrett Ruud do it on '01?

Nope, and Ruud was also had a redshirt frosh season under his belt.

Everyone said the same things about Dillard 3 years ago that they are saying about Compton. We'll see, he may play some this year, but I seriously doubt he starts.

I think he'll be #2Mike, maybe next season he or Dillard move over a spot to get them both on the field.

Holt, a recruited walk-on LB out of Missouri is supposed to be making some noise at Mike and looking like a future schollie-player. Evidently he moved to rb his senior season to fill a hole, and while he did quite well it did cost him some looks as a LB and his only offer was to South Dakota. Came here because dad played here and we really iked his film. Measurables are nice, if he can put some size could be a force.

I called it Post #48

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24353

I played with Holt, and I talked to him recently. He is going to be a helluva player. Hes listed at 6' 200 but hes a legit 6'2" and about 205 right now. I would not be surprised at all if he started on special teams this year. On a rivals article it says hes getting reps with the 2s. On the NU roster hes listed as a RB but Matt told me they have him playing saftey and OLB

Everyone said the same things about Dillard 3 years ago that they are saying about Compton. We'll see, he may play some this year, but I seriously doubt he starts.

I think the previous regime may have had something to do with his lack of playing time/ability. McKeon also played lights out early in his college career then he started to suck

I think the previous regime may have had something to do with his lack of playing time/ability. McKeon also played lights out early in his college career then he started to suck

About the same time he was caught in a volleyball uniform